Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Ironton wins.
I can't see ridgewood scoring more than 14 points on this Tiger defense unless the game goes into overtime. Tiger defense is too stout in my opinion. If ironton don't fumble i think they run over ridgewood and win by 14 to 21 points. If ironton fumbles, it could be a close game.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ridgewood is a great team I do think ironton can win but idk about beating them by 2-3 scores. Ironton just needs to control the ball and keep that QB off the field

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

All this worrying about parking and the about of stands they have is just a parent or fan grip I’m sure the kids don’t give a crap where they play sometimes we forget it’s about them not us

Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

Tripaces wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:21 pm All this worrying about parking and the about of stands they have is just a parent or fan grip I’m sure the kids don’t give a crap where they play sometimes we forget it’s about them not us
Very well put. Don’t worry about how nice the stadium is, be glad you’re still playing in week 13 and be happy for the kids. And enjoy the ride.

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Tripaces wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:21 pm All this worrying about parking and the about of stands they have is just a parent or fan grip I’m sure the kids don’t give a crap where they play sometimes we forget it’s about them not us
THANK YOU! Just be thankful your team in here and that someone is willingly hosting this football game. I do know one thing the Wood is gonna show up. With a chip on the shoulder.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

I have a feeling that Wood line will be turned to splinters by the 4th quarter. Ironton-24 wood-10.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If Ironton can’t pressure the QB he will pick them apart. I think a few good hits on him might keep him from running but give him time and he is dangerous.

If Ironton does turn the ball over and give Wood a short field then look out. Could get ugly quickly.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ironton is the lone beacon of hope left , were behind you Tigers

You got this !!!

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Post by BigBoneJerome »

You can park at the neighborhood McDonalds and take an uber for 3.00 if your worried about parking.

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Post by BigBoneJerome »

Really hope ironton can make Palidan proud of his Southeastern Ohio Roots

Knowitall222
Waterboy

Post by Knowitall222 »

kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:24 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:19 pm NY's facility can handle it. It's a nice looking updated stadium, and plenty of parking for that sized div playoff game. I've been there 4 times since all the work has been done. They have really done a nice job updating it. I don't think very many will be disappointed. From the ticket takers to the concessions etc. The people are top notch nice and friendly, and love football just as anyone else.
That's comforting to hear, what have they done with it since the last time Google's satellite passed over it? Thanks in advance. If you're looking on your phone at this it might be hard to see. Or a pad, I'm looking through it with a 27" screen

I just love Nelsonville York's facility ,and the people there are the best host ,you will enjoy it.

Stop complaining

Knowitall222
Waterboy

Post by Knowitall222 »

BigBoneJerome wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:49 pm You can park at the neighborhood McDonalds and take an uber for 3.00 if your worried about parking.

There ya go Kantucky for 3 bucks you can climb on the back of a Bicycle and walk right in the gate.

And for 20 bucks you can get a ride back to your car

dwfresno
Waterboy

Post by dwfresno »

#WOODNATION

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Burg pressured Woods qb Tingle all night just couldn't get to him he is very elusive and his receivers know where to be when he is scrambling. He has a very good arm and accurate. Not saying Ironton can't win just saying Tingle is gonna be the best QB they have seen. Ironton needs to watch film on him all week to get to know his tendencies because if he gets the time he is gonna pick your defense apart. And just a sophomore got 2 more years of him. But good luck Tigers keep southern Ohio football in the mix make us all proud and knock Ridgewood off they are very good but nothing is impossible. Burg had 5 personal foul penalties that killed a few drives and drove the ball good all night until they hit the red zone then Woods defense made the stops necessary to win the game. Burg got burnt 4 or 5 times on deep balls while Tingle was scrambling. But anyway good luck on an injury free game

Burg grad 85
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Ironton just needs to put their best lock down CB on # 6 and their Defense will do the rest. Ridgewood hasn't seen a NG like Jr. Jones all year, he's a pure animal, so he'll get in Tingle's head! Just wait until #44 comes running the ball he's a HAAUSS!!

W'burg Db's were proabably the worst in the SOCII. Burg's D-line got the job done, and that what got them the SOCII, but R'Wood had the O-line to handle them. R'wood's Qb very similar to Minford's QB. I hoped that Minford kept throwing the deep ball moore against the Pirates, the same as r'wood did.

Defense wins Championships!!! Go Tigers!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Hate to say it, but I think Ridgewood will be too much for Ironton to handle. I hope I'm wrong though. IF Ironton plays their best game and doesn't put the ball on the ground or hurt themselves with penalties, they might be able to pull this one off. If they play the way they did against Amanda Clearcreek, this will get one-sided and embarrassing fast, hopefully they got the mistakes out of their system.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Tigers will have their hands full.

FighTing Tigers gotta wrap their hands around the ball on O & WLR playmakers on D.

It can be done!

IronTon has only struggled this year because of themselves.
If FighTing Tigers play clean & aggressive like they did post the AshLand OT shocker, the Tigers have a good chance to advance.

It’s been a while Tigers.

GET AFTER IT!!!

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Ridgewood will need to control tempo and make the game go fast. To do so, they are going to need to be able to rip off some chunk plays on offense. Can they have more than one or two?

Irontons defensive line wins the battle against Ridgewoods offensive line and in a twist of circumstance, as a result, Wood gets into the turnover column one too many times.

Irontons bolsters that by controlling the clock and winning the battle of field position via special teams.

A low scoring, chilly saturday night.

Ironton 21
Ridgewood 10

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Ridgewood 28-14

orange20hd
Waterboy

Post by orange20hd »

vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:34 am Ironton just needs to put their best lock down CB on # 6 and their Defense will do the rest. Ridgewood hasn't seen a NG like Jr. Jones all year, he's a pure animal, so he'll get in Tingle's head! Just wait until #44 comes running the ball he's a HAAUSS!!

W'burg Db's were proabably the worst in the SOCII. Burg's D-line got the job done, and that what got them the SOCII, but R'Wood had the O-line to handle them. R'wood's Qb very similar to Minford's QB. I hoped that Minford kept throwing the deep ball moore against the Pirates, the same as r'wood did.

Defense wins Championships!!! Go Tigers!
Agree Defense wins Championships, but I think you may be surprised by Woods' Defense as well. #57 & #62 will clog the middle as well. Don't believe you seen a QB with Tingles game. He is on a different level. #6 is not the only WR we have #3 and he is a force also. If, #9 is able to play you also have to deal with him. In your games against Good defenses you scores 10 points both games. So I'll go with Wood 21-10. Safe travels to all and good luck to both teams in a great Regional Final game.

Return to “Football”