Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Irontons Pass Defense is better this year than I've seen in years, they have 14 INT's on the year. This should be a great game!!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

orange20hd wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:44 am
vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:34 am Ironton just needs to put their best lock down CB on # 6 and their Defense will do the rest. Ridgewood hasn't seen a NG like Jr. Jones all year, he's a pure animal, so he'll get in Tingle's head! Just wait until #44 comes running the ball he's a HAAUSS!!

W'burg Db's were proabably the worst in the SOCII. Burg's D-line got the job done, and that what got them the SOCII, but R'Wood had the O-line to handle them. R'wood's Qb very similar to Minford's QB. I hoped that Minford kept throwing the deep ball moore against the Pirates, the same as r'wood did.

Defense wins Championships!!! Go Tigers!
Agree Defense wins Championships, but I think you may be surprised by Woods' Defense as well. #57 & #62 will clog the middle as well. Don't believe you seen a QB with Tingles game. He is on a different level. #6 is not the only WR we have #3 and he is a force also. If, #9 is able to play you also have to deal with him. In your games against Good defenses you scores 10 points both games. So I'll go with Wood 21-10. Safe travels to all and good luck to both teams in a great Regional Final game.
In the two games with 10 points...
BOTH very good capable teams.
Both games, TURNOVERS & PENALTIES LET THE OTHER TEAMS HANG.

Ironton did it to themselves & let KY hang out & around too long.
We missed a 50 yard FG in regulation by a hair w/seconds left in regulation to go to OT.

Yes, WLR, is our biggest challenge.
I think we will be WLR’s also.

We could be our own best friend or not.

5 days to get the mental game correct!!!

Whoever advances...
GRAB THE WHILE DARN THING!!!

GoTigersGo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orange20hd
Waterboy

Post by orange20hd »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:01 am
vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:34 am Ironton just needs to put their best lock down CB on # 6 and their Defense will do the rest. Ridgewood hasn't seen a NG like Jr. Jones all year, he's a pure animal, so he'll get in Tingle's head! Just wait until #44 comes running the ball he's a HAAUSS!!

W'burg Db's were proabably the worst in the SOCII. Burg's D-line got the job done, and that what got them the SOCII, but R'Wood had the O-line to handle them. R'wood's Qb very similar to Minford's QB. I hoped that Minford kept throwing the deep ball moore against the Pirates, the same as r'wood did.

Agree Defense wins Championships, but I think you may be surprised by Woods' Defense as well. #57 & #62 will clog the middle as well. Don't believe you seen a QB with Tingles game. He is on a different level. #6 is not the only WR we have #3 and he is a force also. If, #9 is able to play you also have to deal with him. In your games against Good defenses you scores 10 points both games. So I'll go with Wood 21-10. Safe travels to all and good luck to both teams in a great Regional Final game.

We missed a 50 yard FG in regulation by a hair w/seconds left in regulation to go to OT.

Whoever advances...

GoTigersGo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed on the biggest challenge for both. Sounds like the kicking game is strong if you are even trying from 50 yards out. This is definitely the Immovable Object vs The Unstoppable Force. Sounds like turnovers and penalties could be the deciding factor as it normally is. We're turnovers due to sloppy play by Ironton or just players making plays for the other team?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

orange20hd wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:17 am

Whoever advances...

GoTigersGo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed on the biggest challenge for both. Sounds like the kicking game is strong if you are even trying from 50 yards out. This is definitely the Immovable Object vs The Unstoppable Force. Sounds like turnovers and penalties could be the deciding factor as it normally is. We're turnovers due to sloppy play by Ironton or just players making plays for the other team?
Very Competitive rivalries with larger high schools from KY. They are within 7miles or less from Ironton & are considered HUGE rivalries where anything can happen and does.

In the Loss to AshLand (still in KY Playoffs), many turnovers like against AC.
A mix of Trying to get extra yards after good gains & some flubs. I listened on radio stream to all games as I live in Orlando, but if I remember correctly, they were fighting for yardage and just over did it and lost the ball.
Ironton shoulda beat AshLand by 3 or more scores. It was frustrating to listen to.
The kicker is for real. Can boot 50+ yarders fairly easily & consistently. He should be getting some decent college offers.
Even his back up is capable & they interchange at times.

No matter who is better, lately, the Russell and AshLand rivalries are unpredictable, even when they shouldn’t be.
Each team wants the other bad!
The penalties last night made me scratch my head raw!
After the turnover fiasco at AshLand, the FighTing Tigers played nasty and continued to develop nicely to the team they are now.

I am hoping for the AC fumble fiasco to give the Tigers the same shot in the arm that the OT loss at AshLand gave to the tigers in the following games right after and they’ve been excelling since then!!!

Coach #PenTon should use it to work them over this week!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Mission 12 complete.

GoTigersGo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IronTon FighTing Tiger Seniors!!!
Attachments
C9402FA2-7E31-4E50-93F6-36C548590286.jpeg

orange20hd
Waterboy

Post by orange20hd »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:38 am
orange20hd wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:17 am

Whoever advances...

GoTigersGo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very Competitive rivalries with larger high schools from KY. They are within 7miles or less from Ironton & are considered HUGE rivalries where anything can happen and does.

In the Loss to AshLand (still in KY Playoffs), many turnovers like against AC.
A mix of Trying to get extra yards after good gains & some flubs. I listened on radio stream to all games as I live in Orlando, but if I remember correctly, they were fighting for yardage and just over did it and lost the ball.
Ironton shoulda beat AshLand by 3 or more scores. It was frustrating to listen to.
The kicker is for real. Can boot 50+ yarders fairly easily & consistently. He should be getting some decent college offers.
Even his back up is capable & they interchange at times.

No matter who is better, lately, the Russell and AshLand rivalries are unpredictable, even when they shouldn’t be.
Each team wants the other bad!
The penalties last night made me scratch my head raw!
After the turnover fiasco at AshLand, the FighTing Tigers played nasty and continued to develop nicely to the team they are now.

I am hoping for the AC fumble fiasco to give the Tigers the same shot in the arm that the OT loss at AshLand gave to the tigers in the following games right after and they’ve been excelling since then!!!

Coach #PenTon should use it to work them over this week!
Thanks for the info. Make the trip should be worth it :D

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I have to much faith in irontons defense. Seen them give the other team the ball about an extra 20 times this year or more and still only allow 5.7 ppg I think ridgewood will be surprised as they’ve rolled in every game this year I don’t see them putting up 40 unless they score every time they touch the ball tigers usually have 7-10 play drives or longer so unless they score quick and often I don’t see it I think this will be one of the best defensive games I’ve seen in a long time. WLR definitely capable of winning the game but I’m a defensive guy and So have to go with ironton. Hopefully the offense doesn’t give them a lot of extra shots or they will score 40 maybe
Last edited by MrFirstTake on Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

What I love about this Ironton team is they are so aggressive on both sides in the ball , they don’t wait around to see what the other team is trying to do it’s here we freaking come, all of this has happened since the Ashland game offense play calling is much muck better , heard a player say all Ashland did was wake a sleeping giant head coach said sometimes a loss is just what you need. Whatever the reason is the tigers are on a mission and I don’t see Ridgewood stopping it . Go Tigers

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Ridgewood is going to spank Ironton. #2 is something special and Ironton just isn't as good as they're made out to be. 45-17 Ridgewood

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

ironton will not lose worse than burg did. Irontons defense is way better than burgs

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:45 am Ridgewood is going to spank Ironton. #2 is something special and Ironton just isn't as good as they're made out to be. 45-17 Ridgewood
Wow

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:45 am Ridgewood is going to spank Ironton. #2 is something special and Ironton just isn't as good as they're made out to be. 45-17 Ridgewood
Gotta love your jealousy hate towards Ironton , even when your in basketball season still worried about what the tiger football team is doing

clbbig12
Freshman Team

Post by clbbig12 »

If Ironton cleans up the penalties and turnovers I believe they can compete with anyone in d5. If not their season will end this week in an ugly fashion.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

You know #3 went for 115 on 7 receptions too. He’s over a 1000 on the year.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

i guess you think carrico is underrated also? you mean ridgewood will spank ironton like ironton spanked burg? dont get me wrong im a fan of burg sports but come on, i dont think either team will get spanked. it will be a close game.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

After finally getting time to watch some highlights this is what I see

Special Teams: Advantage Ironton (Book is a talent)
Defense: Slight, slight edge to Ironton. But it's very close
Pass O: Big edge to Ridgewood
Rush O: Slight edge to Ironton

Looking at that you'd think it was a lock Ironton would win, but that's not what I think at all. Tingle looks like something special and has plenty enough talent on the line to make plays.

Like most games this one comes down to turnovers. If Ironton turns it over like they did last game they lose this game for sure. If they can keep ahold of the football and limit penalties I think they win a shootout 35-30.

Tons of talent all over the field for this one. As a non-biased football fan this is going to be a fun one to watch!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:57 pm Ironton wins.
I can't see ridgewood scoring more than 14 points on this Tiger defense unless the game goes into overtime. Tiger defense is too stout in my opinion. If ironton don't fumble i think they run over ridgewood and win by 14 to 21 points. If ironton fumbles, it could be a close game.
Only way this happens is Ironton needs to shorten the game by running the ball with long drives to eat the clock up and keep ridgewood offense on the sideline. Can that happen? I don’t know as ridgewood is a good discipline defense that never out of place and their line stays with their man at the line. Ridgewood has good size and is quick to attack with swarming players. Ridgewood knew burg was going to run and burg still picked up good yards. Only thing that hurt Burg was where they couldn’t mix up with a passing game. Ironton will be able to pass with a true QB, burg has a runnningback playing QB like wildcat every play but worked until Saturday. I believe with the big line Ironton has with the horses in backfield bulldozing holes could keep that clock running, just hold on to the ball. Ironton can’t turn the ball over 6 times and 100 yards of penalties or your beat! Ridgewood is too good of a football team to do that and win. Ridgewood will make you pay!! It’s going to be a great football game against two good football teams.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:55 am After finally getting time to watch some highlights this is what I see

Special Teams: Advantage Ironton (Book is a talent)
Defense: Slight, slight edge to Ironton. But it's very close
Pass O: Big edge to Ridgewood
Rush O: Slight edge to Ironton

Looking at that you'd think it was a lock Ironton would win, but that's not what I think at all. Tingle looks like something special and has plenty enough talent on the line to make plays.

Like most games this one comes down to turnovers. If Ironton turns it over like they did last game they lose this game for sure. If they can keep ahold of the football and limit penalties I think they win a shootout 35-30.

Tons of talent all over the field for this one. As a non-biased football fan this is going to be a fun one to watch!
Ridgewood is a complete team in every phase. Ironton is pretty much too. This will come down to coaching. The QB for Ridgewood is the x factor. If he's on, which seems to be the case the entire year, Ridgewood will probably win.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Tripaces wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:21 pm All this worrying about parking and the about of stands they have is just a parent or fan grip I’m sure the kids don’t give a crap where they play sometimes we forget it’s about them not us
I have watched many games at nelsonville and I’ve never seen a problem with parking, sitting but they have a great variety of great food there. The people running or working it are the best
And you will have a great experience if you have never been there!!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Can’t let Ridgewood’s phenom QB have all day with the ball if you’re Ironton. He’s a great athlete, good vision and mechanics but ‘Burg kept letting him off the hook when he wasn’t pulling the trigger immediately. He always found ways to make the play even if there wasn’t one to be made.

Return to “Football”