Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Re: SEOPS Playoff meet up at Nelsonville-York

Post by Flyers58 »

48 hours till kickoff......get ready folks, warm clothing and your tobogan, raingear in case it rains , and anything else you may need......everyone will have a seat so enjoy the game and lets have an injury free game to both teams.......

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

orange20hd wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:47 pm
DaWoodSoldier wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:14 pm Wood also played in state championship game in baseball this past spring, lost 2-1 to coldwater. West Lafayette community really showed up at state title game.
Thought is was a 1-0 score?
I believe you are correct

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:26 pm
TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:10 pm It's funny that that a certain fan base who expected all Southern Ohio the last two years to support them in their impressive run can't seem to do the same now. A few have but even those seem forced. We should have each others back.

No one from Burg expected any support from the area. In fact a lot of people I talked to not from Burg told me they just went to hopefully watch Burg get their butts handed to them. Guess they wasted a 4.5 hour car ride.

I for one support any team from the area that is still playing from SEO. It's bad enough that SEO teams get no respect from anyone up North that if we don't support each other we will never get any respect
dabba, you know how many tiger fans were rooting for ya'll. and it was genuine, despite what you might say to contradict that.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:44 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:37 pm
bucs40 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:03 am I was just wandering, r they going to b able to handle the crowd that's expected??? Just curious, ive never been to your place.
as much as I love their stadium/atmosphere/food, it won't handle this crowd in my opinion. unless they bring in an enourmous amount of bleachers. I'd say be in line about 2 hours early. not trying to discourage anyone. but somebody from Nelsonville needs to announce how much extra seating will be added by the additional bleachers they are bringing in.

We won't be bringing in any extra seating. Bringing in little league bleachers won't work because the folks sitting in them won't be able to see anything.
Ridgewood has a small stadium and are used to standing and don't mind it (according to their AD), Ironton played at NY 3 times a they fit just fine. Lots of people prefer to stand and their is plenty of room for that.

Y'all are in the regional finals. Just be happy you are still playing. Coach Pendalton and his staff came down yesterday and they don't have any issues with our place.
I promise we will treat y'all good and both teams will be well taken care of.
I can't be there anyway onb, but I wished I could. but why was it announced at the beginning of the week that you all were bringing in extra bleachers. that's an enourmous disappointment to those who can't stand. coach Pendleton is a young healthy man. and can stand fine. nobody should have to stand at a game of this magnitude unless they choose to. if they are not bringing in any extra bleachers as was told they would, that will be a huge disappointment to many. nobody wants to pay that price, drive 90 minutes,stand in line for 2 hours, and then be forced to stand, unless they choose to. again, I'm not trying to stir anything up. but if what you said is true, then that is a gross error by ohsaa. because I was there when ironton played, and I know how many were standing. and I clearly read where you all said you were bringing in more bleachers. I have no doubt everybody will get treated great. you all are great hosts. but if you couldn't stand, and got there to no seats, or better yet, your parents or grandparents, how would you feel. esp. after reading additional bleachers were being brought in.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Rockwilder
Waterboy

Post by Rockwilder »

Who’s a player that could be the “X” factor in this game? I hear both teams are talented on both sides of the ball.

orange20hd
Waterboy

Post by orange20hd »

Rockwilder wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:08 pm Who’s a player that could be the “X” factor in this game? I hear both teams are talented on both sides of the ball.
I believe the "X" factor will be the O and D lines for both teams. The war in the trenches will decide this game.

Rockwilder
Waterboy

Post by Rockwilder »

I watched RW versus the Burg last week and came away very impressed with how solid RW is in all phases of the game.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Rockwilder wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:08 pm Who’s a player that could be the “X” factor in this game? I hear both teams are talented on both sides of the ball.
A.J Incarnato.... force to be reckoned with.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Rockwilder
Waterboy

Post by Rockwilder »

I keep hearing about some kid they call Shake and Bake! What number is he?

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

No idea who that is. He’s gotta have some swag to him tho!

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Rockwilder
Waterboy

Post by Rockwilder »

Do Ironton fans shake the milk jugs like the burg fans do?

Rockwilder
Waterboy

Post by Rockwilder »

Raycharles wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:53 pm No idea who that is. He’s gotta have some swag to him tho!
That’s what I hear. Is he “X” factor material?

bucs40
Freshman Team

Post by bucs40 »

Gee whiz guys, I was just asking a legit question, I wasnt knocking them in any shape or form, I've been told its a great place to attend a game, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.....

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:41 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:37 pm

as much as I love their stadium/atmosphere/food, it won't handle this crowd in my opinion. unless they bring in an enourmous amount of bleachers. I'd say be in line about 2 hours early. not trying to discourage anyone. but somebody from Nelsonville needs to announce how much extra seating will be added by the additional bleachers they are bringing in.

We won't be bringing in any extra seating. Bringing in little league bleachers won't work because the folks sitting in them won't be able to see anything.
Ridgewood has a small stadium and are used to standing and don't mind it (according to their AD), Ironton played at NY 3 times a they fit just fine. Lots of people prefer to stand and their is plenty of room for that.

Y'all are in the regional finals. Just be happy you are still playing. Coach Pendalton and his staff came down yesterday and they don't have any issues with our place.
I can't be there anyway onb, but I wished I could. but why was it announced at the beginning of the week that you all were bringing in extra bleachers. that's an enourmous disappointment to those who can't stand. coach Pendleton is a young healthy man. and can stand fine. nobody should have to stand at a game of this magnitude unless they choose to. if they are not bringing in any extra bleachers as was told they would, that will be a huge disappointment to many. nobody wants to pay that price, drive 90 minutes,stand in line for 2 hours, and then be forced to stand, unless they choose to. again, I'm not trying to stir anything up. but if what you said is true, then that is a gross error by ohsaa. because I was there when ironton played, and I know how many were standing. and I clearly read where you all said you were bringing in more bleachers. I have no doubt everybody will get treated great. you all are great hosts. but if you couldn't stand, and got there to no seats, or better yet, your parents or grandparents, how would you feel. esp. after reading additional bleachers were being brought in.
You come on up and run the show if you think you can do better....

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Oh boy are you wood fans in for a big surprise!

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:38 am I'll be pretty busy Saturday night for the most part but if anyone would like to meet up at half-time I will be more than happy to make time.
So if your coming to Boston Field Saturday and you'd like to meet up just let me know and I'll designate a spot to meet Saturday. :D
Have any suggestions on concession stand items??

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

Rockwilder wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:54 pm Do Ironton fans shake the milk jugs like the burg fans do?
no

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thankfully no. though I'm hearin rumors of a surprise. but you didn't hear that from ole bait 1st.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:27 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:41 pm

You come on up and run the show if you think you can do better....
I'm not trying to offend anybody onb, you know me better than that. it is a legitimate concern for any stadium in the state when people are physically unable to stand for hours on end.and there are no available seat. it was nothing personal. in fact the polar opposite. I love the joint myself. a lot like ironton, love the people there. and more importantly you and I have been friends a long time. I think you can tell by my post I wasn't knocking the stadium, and love the people there. but either sunday or Monday a poster , maybe you I can't remember which poster it was from ny statin that they were bringing in an extra bunch of extra seating with additional bleachers for the game. now you're saying they aren't doing that. it certainly was nothing against you or your community. just a simple statement about seating. and a bunch of people bought tickets because they thought they were bringing in extra bleachers after reading this. and I'm sure a certain percentage of them can't stand 5/6 hours, between waiting in line. standing until the game starts, then standing through the whole game. it's fine if you are able and prefer to do so.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:47 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:38 am I'll be pretty busy Saturday night for the most part but if anyone would like to meet up at half-time I will be more than happy to make time.
So if your coming to Boston Field Saturday and you'd like to meet up just let me know and I'll designate a spot to meet Saturday. :D
Have any suggestions on concession stand items??
Our hamburgers are pretty good. We have a BBQ bacan cheeseburger (The Buckeye Burger) that is really good.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”