SE

Re: Will Fed Hock have football?

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Thanks Orange and Brown, that explains a few things

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:10 pm I wonder if Federal Hocking is simply playing the junior varsity team of the other school? When I researched Nelsonville-York football history, I noticed that prior to consolidation, York High School often played the junior varsity team of other schools rather than the varsity team.

So York's schedule would look something like this:

Glouster
Albany
Athens JV
Marietta JV
Waterloo
Corning

Their plan was/is to play a JV schedule the next 2 years and hopefully find a way to get numbers up.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Bystander#1
Riding the Bench

Post by Bystander#1 »

Looks like they got the numbers to play the varsity schedule they want to play doesn't it.

nctabulator
Riding the Bench

Post by nctabulator »

nctabulator wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:34 pm Games with Manchester and Ridgedale have recently been added to their Arbiter page.
And now Grove City Christian in Week 9.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Wow

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Can not see schedule on Arbiter now

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:19 am Can not see schedule on Arbiter now
Its there. After clicking on "football" Select 2020-21 season from drop down menu

Bystander#1
Riding the Bench

Post by Bystander#1 »

As of today Federal Hocking has:

08/28 H Hundred (WV)
09/04 H Paden City (WV)
09/11 A Miller
09/18 A Belpre
09/25 A Manchester
10/02 open
10/09 open
10/16 A Ridgedale
10/23 H Grove City Christian
10/30 H Wahama (WV)

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Oh, they’re playing the varsity squads of eight different schools but are calling themselves a ‘JV’ team to get out of playing Trimble and Waterford... aren’t they? So varsity vs non-varsity games aren’t recognized by the OHSAA for points purposes, I don’t believe. Rad.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:22 pm Oh, they’re playing the varsity squads of eight different schools but are calling themselves a ‘JV’ team to get out of playing Trimble and Waterford... aren’t they? So varsity vs non-varsity games aren’t recognized by the OHSAA for points purposes, I don’t believe. Rad.
They are trying to save football but they don't want to put the other TVC schools in a bind if they have to cancel games.
Does any of the Hocking schools really want to get a text saying the numbers dropped so fed has to cancel again?
This is a win win situation for Trimble. They will play a team that will give them points and their kids will get a 10 game schedule.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:28 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:22 pm Oh, they’re playing the varsity squads of eight different schools but are calling themselves a ‘JV’ team to get out of playing Trimble and Waterford... aren’t they? So varsity vs non-varsity games aren’t recognized by the OHSAA for points purposes, I don’t believe. Rad.
They are trying to save football but they don't want to put the other TVC schools in a bind if they have to cancel games.
Does any of the Hocking schools really want to get a text saying the numbers dropped so fed has to cancel again?
This is a win win situation for Trimble. They will play a team that will give them points and their kids will get a 10 game schedule.
That’s understandable. Can’t fault them when you look at it that way.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Yea, they're dodging Eastern too. Of course who can blame them cause Eastern will dominate the Hocking next year with or without Fed Hocker playing.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Here's my question, if you are trying to build numbers the best avenue to take is scheduling wins and where are those on that schedule?
They aren't beating Miller, Belpre, or Wahama and who would bet big money that they beat Hundred, Paden City, or Groveport Ch.
You are one and 40 something you could get 8 or 9 Sweet Sisters of the Blind to come to Federal and play.
I'm willing to bet if they played club teams they could have 9 and maybe 10 home games while picking up some wins.
If I remember correctly they picked up 6 or 7 kids after their first win last year.
Now imagine what happens if they schedule where they win two out of their first three of even go three for three.
They should have listened to the person who suggested they play a JV schedule next year.

Kid Green
Waterboy

Post by Kid Green »

fortdawg wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:08 pm Here's my question, if you are trying to build numbers the best avenue to take is scheduling wins and where are those on that schedule?
They aren't beating Miller, Belpre, or Wahama and who would bet big money that they beat Hundred, Paden City, or Groveport Ch.
You are one and 40 something you could get 8 or 9 Sweet Sisters of the Blind to come to Federal and play.
I'm willing to bet if they played club teams they could have 9 and maybe 10 home games while picking up some wins.
If I remember correctly they picked up 6 or 7 kids after their first win last year.
Now imagine what happens if they schedule where they win two out of their first three of even go three for three.
They should have listened to the person who suggested they play a JV schedule next year.
Da Fed ain't been nuttin but a glorified JayVee team for years now. Dem boyz don't care bout no football. All day wants is ta play some street ball.

Dat wat da Kid be sayin! :mrgreen:
Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

The team to duck this year will be eastern. They gonna whip Trimble aszes this year

Return to “Football”