2020 Football Season

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 2020 Football Season

Post by EasternDspy »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:40 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:19 pm Well WV moved school back to sept 8th. Rumor has it they won’t start football practice until sept 4th. This is going to be a huge problem for teams with out of state opponents on the schedule.
I’m guessing Ohsaa will eliminate the first two weeks
Why what does moving back 2 weeks do?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Toz15 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:46 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:46 pm
Toz15 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:22 pm

There are no travel restrictions in the United States.
What are you talking about? A simple quick search shows 17 states with covid related travel restrictions. Has nothing to do with what I was talking about anyways, I said if you leave you should be retested.
Why would I search? Who cares? Doesn't apply to what you're talking about. Ohio has no restriction on its residents leaving and returning to/from anywhere in the country. There are other states that have restrictions on who is coming from where into their state, but those restrictions would be applied in that state. Once they return to Ohio, no restriction on where they've been.

So, no Ohio resident even has to tell anyone they've traveled. Its none of their business.
Yeah but see you said there isn't any travel restrictions in the United States. Also you are incorrect once again, depending where you work they can ask about if you've gone out of state it's another form of screening. It's part of going that extra step.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:00 pm
Toz15 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:46 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:46 pm

What are you talking about? A simple quick search shows 17 states with covid related travel restrictions. Has nothing to do with what I was talking about anyways, I said if you leave you should be retested.
Why would I search? Who cares? Doesn't apply to what you're talking about. Ohio has no restriction on its residents leaving and returning to/from anywhere in the country. There are other states that have restrictions on who is coming from where into their state, but those restrictions would be applied in that state. Once they return to Ohio, no restriction on where they've been.

So, no Ohio resident even has to tell anyone they've traveled. Its none of their business.
Yeah but see you said there isn't any travel restrictions in the United States. Also you are incorrect once again, depending where you work they can ask about if you've gone out of state it's another form of screening. It's part of going that extra step.
You are correct, Goose.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Now this to cloud the situation:

Ohio State suspends voluntary fall sports work outs due to positive Covid-19 tests:

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... s#comments

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Omega wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:27 pm Now this to cloud the situation:

Ohio State suspends voluntary fall sports work outs due to positive Covid-19 tests:

This is huge and could halt things.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Omega wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:27 pm Now this to cloud the situation:

Just seen this on the evening 6 news. It's not looking good. More to come. Going to be a boring autumn it looks like.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Just like politics. Divided. For the life of me, I can’t understand how people obsess and almost root for there not to be a season. A lot of kids need sports to release from divisiveness in their home. There’s more to this than just bragging rights on a scoreboard.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:41 pm Just like politics. Divided. For the life of me, I can’t understand how people obsess and almost root for there not to be a season. A lot of kids need sports to release from divisiveness in their home. There’s more to this than just bragging rights on a scoreboard.
I agree the pessimism on here has been highly annoying.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

It’s facts and guidelines from doctors and of health organizations all over the world vs conspiracy theories and gettin free tests at Walgreens. Wear a mask, mandatory is coming, social distance, can’t be done safely as is playing out in front of our eyes with various sports teams coming down with it right now, taking temps. If everyone would followed guidelines from March thru June,, we might have had a chance at a flattened curve by now but no one has taken this serious and now look at the state the U S is in. The Ivy League cancelling fall seasons is only the beginning people.

Ohiosports22
Waterboy

Post by Ohiosports22 »

University of North Carolina and the Ohio University in Athens also suspend fall sport workouts due to positive tests.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:41 pm Just like politics. Divided. For the life of me, I can’t understand how people obsess and almost root for there not to be a season. A lot of kids need sports to release from divisiveness in their home. There’s more to this than just bragging rights on a scoreboard.
I’m rooting for a season but I’m also being realistic and I’m just not sure how it’s going to be possible. By standards there currently using one positive test and you forfeit 2 games. We’ve already had 3 local programs shut down before we’ve ever started school or played a game.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... s-pandemic
I believe the Ivy League may have been the first college conference to suspend basketball

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

It’s amazing that people are overlooking the fact that we shut down everything on the first wave and now we are picking and choosing. Our governor is straight up botching this. He should be removed. We could have shut down the entire workouts for two weeks and pushed back the season but now it could be screwed, even though I don’t think it should anyway

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:13 pm It’s amazing that people are overlooking the fact that we shut down everything on the first wave and now we are picking and choosing. Our governor is straight up botching this. He should be removed. We could have shut down the entire workouts for two weeks and pushed back the season but now it could be screwed, even though I don’t think it should anyway
Don’t worry I saw some orange guy on tv and he said were in a good place

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:22 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:13 pm It’s amazing that people are overlooking the fact that we shut down everything on the first wave and now we are picking and choosing. Our governor is straight up botching this. He should be removed. We could have shut down the entire workouts for two weeks and pushed back the season but now it could be screwed, even though I don’t think it should anyway
Oh I don’t believe in any of them. Either side. They are the epitome of evil.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:26 pm
fbnut wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:22 pm
Oh I don’t believe in any of them. Either side. They are the epitome of evil.
We can certainly agree on that one

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

It’s a bitch when reality slaps you in the face after you make a butt out of yourself.

Protect life or death or play a game ?

Seriously, many of you people should never be elected local, state or national to a leadership position. You have failed.

Have gun, will travel
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paladin wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:32 pm It’s a bitch when reality slaps you in the face after you make a butt out of yourself.

Protect life or death or play a game ?

Seriously, many of you people should never be elected local, state or national to a leadership position. You have failed.
You failed at this post.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

So I get it ,it’s all a conspiracy and evil .Paladin as I have said before your spot on and sports should never take the top spot over education and sports and school should never Take over a world wide pandemic that’s killing people and infecting millions period. It has to be stopped and gotten under control before anything close to normal . To ignore and wish this away, it isn’t happening just look today. More college teams more local cases , people this fire has just started and until masks are mandated, social distancing enforced. Washing hands a must. Taking temps. It’s not going anywhere in foreseeable as of now. Testing is a must but there is no testing for all students each day. Not enough space to social distance in schools, what about teachers and people that’s older in school systems they’re at a high rate of being exposed by students. MAndatory Masks. exposing kids to disinfectants Each day by cleaning multiple times in classes. A lot of teachers over40. At high risk . Extra personnel to clean every night more monitoring in schools to make sure protcols are followed.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

So we are not going to allow kids to play sports and have a normal life because they are asymptomatically testing positive for a virus that basically has no effect on them? Again, if you're high risk... stay away from places you may get sick. Some people on here are just loving the idea that there may be no season so they can say "told ya so." Get those guys off of here!! This is a forum for our area athletes and sports are more than just a game for most of them. Sports keep them out of trouble, out of bad homes, builds character...

Return to “Football”