2020 Football Season

longball
JV Team

Re: 2020 Football Season

Post by longball »

Prime Time wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:13 am So I get it ,it’s all a conspiracy and evil .Paladin as I have said before your spot on and sports should never take the top spot over education and sports and school should never Take over a world wide pandemic that’s killing people and infecting millions period. It has to be stopped and gotten under control before anything close to normal . To ignore and wish this away, it isn’t happening just look today. More college teams more local cases , people this fire has just started and until masks are mandated, social distancing enforced. Washing hands a must. Taking temps. It’s not going anywhere in foreseeable as of now. Testing is a must but there is no testing for all students each day. Not enough space to social distance in schools, what about teachers and people that’s older in school systems they’re at a high rate of being exposed by students. MAndatory Masks. exposing kids to disinfectants Each day by cleaning multiple times in classes. A lot of teachers over40. At high risk . Extra personnel to clean every night more monitoring in schools to make sure protcols are followed.
Seriously, everyone is tired of hearing your crap. You should really consider getting a life.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

longball wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:24 am So we are not going to allow kids to play sports and have a normal life because they are asymptomatically testing positive for a virus that basically has no effect on them? Again, if you're high risk... stay away from places you may get sick. Some people on here are just loving the idea that there may be no season so they can say "told ya so." Get those guys off of here!! This is a forum for our area athletes and sports are more than just a game for most of them. Sports keep them out of trouble, out of bad homes, builds character...
no one on here is hoping we aren't going to have a season. your right most kids will show very few symptoms but they can still spread it to their parents who in turn spread it to their co workers and so on and then were in total lockdown again
this is the problem not only on here but with this country " if your opinion differs from mine then your wrong and you need to shut up"

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

fbnut wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:21 am
longball wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:24 am So we are not going to allow kids to play sports and have a normal life because they are asymptomatically testing positive for a virus that basically has no effect on them? Again, if you're high risk... stay away from places you may get sick. Some people on here are just loving the idea that there may be no season so they can say "told ya so." Get those guys off of here!! This is a forum for our area athletes and sports are more than just a game for most of them. Sports keep them out of trouble, out of bad homes, builds character...
no one on here is hoping we aren't going to have a season. your right most kids will show very few symptoms but they can still spread it to their parents who in turn spread it to their co workers and so on and then were in total lockdown again
this is the problem not only on here but with this country " if your opinion differs from mine then your wrong and you need to shut up"
Amen, fbnut.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions but the constant gloom and fear mongering isn't helping anyone. And i'm not the one on here trying so hard to push an agenda by repeating myself over and over a million times..

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

longball wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:51 am I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions but the constant gloom and fear mongering isn't helping anyone. And i'm not the one on here trying so hard to push an agenda by repeating myself over and over a million times..
AMEN

It’s the same thing every post.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

“Sweden's coronavirus death toll is now approaching zero, but experts are warning others not to hail it as a success.”

This article sums up my frustrations with our experts. There is soooooo much politics wrapped up in this who knows what to truly believe. I hope for a fall season, as well as a return to school without all the restrictions.

Here’s a question that so far I can’t seem to find an answer, how will this virus end?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:59 am “Sweden's coronavirus death toll is now approaching zero, but experts are warning others not to hail it as a success.”

This article sums up my frustrations with our experts. There is soooooo much politics wrapped up in this who knows what to truly believe. I hope for a fall season, as well as a return to school without all the restrictions.

Here’s a question that so far I can’t seem to find an answer, how will this virus end?
Sweden listened to their govt and followed their guidelines. We don't listen, everything is a big conspiracy theory. Big govt trying to control us and take away our rights. We fill up the bars to capacity, flock to the beach, riot, refuse to wear a masks or social distance.
We were about a month into to this thing and i saw an individual walking in a store eating doritos and he was licking his fingers. You just cant fix stupid.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Sweden didn’t have a total lockdown, just the opposite they kept everything open!

Ocelot
Waterboy

Post by Ocelot »

https://www.wired.com/story/its-ridicul ... hot-zones/

The above link talks about how some of the European countries have went about going back to school. I understand that anyone can pick and choose a news article that fits their agenda, but I thought this brought up some interesting points. The bottom line is no one knows, not even the so-called experts, what will happen if kids go back to school, play football, etc., with or without guidelines. One thing I'm pretty sure of though is that the psychological harm, and in some cases physical harm being done by keeping the kids at home, out weighs what may happen if they go back to school. We don't just want a return to school/football season, we need a return to school/football season.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I picked an article that talked about the questions of different approaches, I didn’t pick a political side ocelot, I blamed everyone! Lol

Ocelot
Waterboy

Post by Ocelot »

Wasn’t meant as anything towards you, Eagles.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Ok, sorry.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:31 pm Sweden didn’t have a total lockdown, just the opposite they kept everything open!
they did keep everything open but they also had guidelines they released to keep there citizens safe and their people were intelligent enough to follow them
they didnt have a free for all

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

fbnut wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:30 pm
eagles73Taylor wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:31 pm Sweden didn’t have a total lockdown, just the opposite they kept everything open!
they did keep everything open but they also had guidelines they released to keep there citizens safe and their people were intelligent enough to follow them
they didnt have a free for all
The free for all was caused by the SHUTDOWN. If we would have just stayed open and had guidelines there would not have been a free for all

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Bottom line is it’s coming down to school boards. County and city health departments. State and federal government seems to be kicking the can down to local school districts and the health depts. will step in and say yes or no to the schools guidelines the legal teams from each school districts also will have there input for future lawsuits if things proceed. Wear your mask. Social distancing wash hands and take temps.

Nipgencounty
Freshman Team

Post by Nipgencounty »

Most people on here are taking this lack of sports way too serious. Find something else to do. Period. A bunch of old, more than likely overweight men obsessing over teenagers playing a game. Pathetic.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Nipgencounty wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:29 pm Most people on here are taking this lack of sports way too serious. Find something else to do. Period. A bunch of old, more than likely overweight men obsessing over teenagers playing a game. Pathetic.
Those teenagers are real people. Anxiously waiting to play a game they love in a time where they can physically play and never get back. Pathetic.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Nipgencounty wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:29 pm Most people on here are taking this lack of sports way too serious. Find something else to do. Period. A bunch of old, more than likely overweight men obsessing over teenagers playing a game. Pathetic.
Calling them fat is a nice and unnecessary touch

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I know a group of Srs that desperately want to play sports. Like I couldn’t imagine getting my Sr year taken from me.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Big Ten update: All non conference games cancelled. Texas High School football cancelled

Return to “Football”