Our Seniors deserve better

wobycat
SEOPS

Our Seniors deserve better

Post by wobycat »

Our leaders are slowly removing fall sports from our youth. The coaches association outlined a plan to allow students to have some sort of normalcy in their world of turmoil. A plan which would allow students to play but yet also promote safety and caution. For some reason, these leaders assume that removing them from a controlled environment will mitigate a safer world for these students from an unknown virus. However...

By removing these students from this controlled environment, you now risk having students find outlets that they desperately need somewhere else. Perhaps parties in the basement of a friends house, perhaps contact sports in their back yard. Do we think that a typical teenager is going to self isolate? You now have student athletes in uncontrolled environments without regard to safety and caution.

I have read the arguments. The virus isn't going to disappear. Why run from it? I am appalled at the leadership and guidance from the high levels that these students have had to face. Not one entity is on the same page. I feel sorry for the upcoming seniors. They deserve better.

petesweaty
All Conference

Re: Our Seniors deserve better

Post by petesweaty »

It is sick.
Just like the spring when thousands of hard working athletes got screwed after practicing for three weeks.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

My son was a senior last year and lost baseball season but what hurt him the most was the state powerlifting meet in Kenton. He trained really hard and had a great shot to place high. I hope seniors this year don’t have to go through it. As a parent it sucks to see heartbreak and disappointment on a kid.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:17 pm My son was a senior last year and lost baseball season but what hurt him the most was the state powerlifting meet in Kenton. He trained really hard and had a great shot to place high. I hope seniors this year don’t have to go through it. As a parent it sucks to see heartbreak and disappointment on a kid.
That sucks man.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Totally agree here, the Seniors should beAt top of people trying to help protect them from getting the virus.Trying to keep the Seniors safe and obeying and following guidelines and trying to avoid infecting the Seniors should be our top priority . Hope all
Seniors stay safe and virus free And hopefully everyone does there best to keep the Seniors safe. They are our grandparents, parents or just people that has underlying conditions. These Seniors deserve better in my mind and hopefully everyone’s minds.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

I’m pretty sure the point isn’t about “protecting” them from the virus...99.9999% of these kids who test positive, won’t even have any symptoms. They deserve better because this virus isn’t even a threat to their age group but they are the ones paying the price... keeping your old dumb butt “safe”. They deserve to have this time of their lives that they will never get back. It’s wrong to take it away from them.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:12 pm Totally agree here, the Seniors should beAt top of people trying to help protect them from getting the virus.Trying to keep the Seniors safe and obeying and following guidelines and trying to avoid infecting the Seniors should be our top priority . Hope all
Seniors stay safe and virus free And hopefully everyone does there best to keep the Seniors safe. They are our grandparents, parents or just people that has underlying conditions. These Seniors deserve better in my mind and hopefully everyone’s minds.

Then you agree that the student athletes are better playing and being in a controlled environment than out there without guidance?

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

So many mixed messages to try and manage at every level in order to draw a line and say here is what we are going to do.

Returns from vacations in certain states require quarantine and thus are disruptive.
Individual County Health Directors with differing opinions could affect schools playing each other.
Different levels of alerts in each County. What happens when Franklin or Hamilton are "purple" and basically you can't go anywhere.
Teachers Unions in some states now entering the mix on behalf of their members and suing for remote learning.
What happens in Week 3 for example when one team finds out that their opponent had 10 positives - do they play?

Could literally go on and on and there is an infinite list of "what-about-isms". It is so unfortunate that this will be a disruptive event that impacts what looks like once a again another school year and sports season.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Dandy Don wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:48 pm So many mixed messages to try and manage at every level in order to draw a line and say here is what we are going to do.

Returns from vacations in certain states require quarantine and thus are disruptive.
Individual County Health Directors with differing opinions could affect schools playing each other.
Different levels of alerts in each County. What happens when Franklin or Hamilton are "purple" and basically you can't go anywhere.
Teachers Unions in some states now entering the mix on behalf of their members and suing for remote learning.
What happens in Week 3 for example when one team finds out that their opponent had 10 positives - do they play?

Could literally go on and on and there is an infinite list of "what-about-isms". It is so unfortunate that this will be a disruptive event that impacts what looks like once a again another school year and sports season.
Great post. This is about as reasoned as we’re going to get on this topic.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:52 pm
Dandy Don wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:48 pm So many mixed messages to try and manage at every level in order to draw a line and say here is what we are going to do.

Great post. This is about as reasoned as we’re going to get on this topic.
There are so many scenarios but just imagine two teams playing with knowledge that one person or ten persons on the opposing team are Covid positive.

Do parents allow their kids to play? Maybe 10 don't and 40 do, or vice-versa.

Does the County Health director in the location the game is being played allow the game to be played, can you imagine the contact tracing network generated from that event?

Does notice need to be given to the referee crew? Does OHSAA allow the crew to engage, does part of the crew call-off.

I mean it is endless speculation and what-ifs.

Good luck to all the decision makers.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:12 pm Totally agree here, the Seniors should beAt top of people trying to help protect them from getting the virus.Trying to keep the Seniors safe and obeying and following guidelines and trying to avoid infecting the Seniors should be our top priority . Hope all
I’m hopeful you are encouraging the same during the regular flu outbreaks every year.

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:49 pm
I’m hopeful you are encouraging the same during the regular flu outbreaks every year.
If you look at the next to last sentence Prime typed....... I think Prime believes this thread is referring to the AARP crowd and not the Class of 2021 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

You’re right!! He thinks we’re talking about senior citizens... smh. I can’t handle it anymore :lol: :lol:

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Toz15 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:59 pm
If you look at the next to last sentence Prime typed....... I think Prime believes this thread is referring to the AARP crowd and not the Class of 2021 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow Hahahaha

Football_fanatic
Waterboy

Post by Football_fanatic »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Crickets

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Life happens, life is not fair. No matter what happens these young people and all of us are getting a dose of reality. Some times you don't get what is fair. Sometimes hard work doesn't achieve the results and outcomes you want it is life. We our faced with a road block in our world we figure out a way to deal with it and move on. It is what successful people do.

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

😂😂😂😂😂...clueless

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Sarcasm.

Everyone missed it. Prime throws you a curveball and y’all strike out.

Speaks volumes about SEO. And people wonder why the country is screwed up.

Have gun, will travel
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

lol I’ve been sitting back lmao on these posts,I knew exactly the post and they all jumped on it . I have been told I got a breaking ball Paladin, your the only one to pick up on it. Good catch

Return to “Football”