Its time to face facts

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Its time to face facts

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

Somethings gotta give:

Currently it is mandated that athletes get a Covid-19 test 72 hours prior to competition and a negative result before they play each week. Some questions:

1. Who pays for that? Lets please remember nothing is really "free".

2. Where will it be administered? We have counties in SEO that don't have a hospital.

3. Who will administer it? Again, lack of infrastructure.

4. What happens when the results of a test from Tuesday arent back on Friday?

5. Where will enough tests be found to test every athlete every week all over the state?

If this mandate doesn't go away, you can kiss fall sports goodbye.

Thoughts?

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Its time to face facts

Post by wobycat »

Link?

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Good luck with this, most people think this is a conspiracy or don’t have to follow any guidelines or do as they please. I have thought the same for many weeks but denial is the best option on here. Denial of things isn’t going to be the same for schools for the foreseeable future . Maybe until fall of 2021 or 2022 people. But these are excellent questions . No 5 will all these extra tests be given every week( hundreds into thousands) and many adults that need tested can’t get a test or wait because of shortages.and will results get back in 2-3 days where now it’s 2-3 weeks sometimes.and many people that should be tested won’t have one for weeks because of severe shortages.4. There should be qualified personnel every week taking and giving these tests, PPE will there be enough of face masks, shields, hand sanitizer, thermometers, who charts and makes sure everyone is and shows no symptoms or fevers, how many days are students going to be quarantined if family goes to beach’s or out of state(red states) How do you know family members not going by any guidelines and kids go home and are asymptomatic coming back to school.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Link for mandate?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

wobycat wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:06 am Link for mandate?
I believe LP was referring to the NCAA testing mandate:

https://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/20 ... 464346002/

If the same protocols are adopted at the high school level by the state/local government or OHSAA, it will make the logistics of conducting fall sports very challenging. Fall sports can still take place, but only if the powers that be are fully committed to the effort.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Omega wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:37 am
I believe LP was referring to the NCAA testing mandate:

https://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/20 ... 464346002/

If the same protocols are adopted at the high school level by the state/local government or OHSAA, it will make the logistics of conducting fall sports very challenging. Fall sports can still take place, but only if the powers that be are fully committed to the effort.
https://ohsaa.org/news-media/articles/o ... mendations

OHSAA sent out this four days ago. Such a mandate, from what I read, isn’t in there. High school couldn’t do what the OP put on here.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It's actually what was put in place for 7 on 7's and is still in place for scrimmages. We don't know if it will stay in place for the regular season or not.
I don't think we will have a season but if we do it will be interesting to see if they leave it in place. If they do, a lot more schools will cancel.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:53 am
It's actually what was put in place for 7 on 7's and is still in place for scrimmages. We don't know if it will stay in place for the regular season or not.
I don't think we will have a season but if we do it will be interesting to see if they leave it in place. If they do, a lot more schools will cancel.
The link I posted is for actually restarting. If the government actually mandates testing, there’s no way high schools can play. Interestingly enough, I didn’t read anything about stopping practice and or playing as a team like what teams are doing now. My guess is they are going on what their superintendent is telling them to do. Here is the specific link by OHSAA four days ago

https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/ ... MAXPbJ4%3D

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:04 am
Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:53 am
The link I posted is for actually restarting. If the government actually mandates testing, there’s no way high schools can play. Interestingly enough, I didn’t read anything about stopping practice and or playing as a team like what teams are doing now. My guess is they are going on what their superintendent is telling them to do. Here is the specific link by OHSAA four days ago

https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/ ... MAXPbJ4%3D
Agreed. If the state mandates testing, its probably finished. Not from a financial point but a logistics one.

Maybe its me. Maybe I come from a situation in which nothing on that checklist would stop any school I've been around to cancel sports. I personally know of 3 schools that have had a parent, group of parents or a local source already secure paying a cleaning services for the entire year so the school didn't have to. Maybe in the community I grew up in or the communities I've been involved in through my kids isn't the norm..... but lack of funding isn't going to shut them down. I'm not talking just football either. If that isn't the case where you are.... that's is very unfortunate.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I don't think they'll have a season or school. what happens when your kids are at school. lil suzie feels sick. goes to see the school nurse, and finds out she has a fever, and a corona symptom. then they lock all the kids inside the school for a month. nobody in or out. students/faculty. then they mandate that they get a vaccine. I don't trust anybody. there is talk of a computer chip to be placed in with the vaccine. I have no idea how true it is. but the government could just say. hey, we don't want this person around anymore. punch his ticket.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:29 am I don't think they'll have a season or school. what happens when your kids are at school. lil suzie feels sick. goes to see the school nurse, and finds out she has a fever, and a corona symptom. then they lock all the kids inside the school for a month. nobody in or out. students/faculty. then they mandate that they get a vaccine. I don't trust anybody. there is talk of a computer chip to be placed in with the vaccine. I have no idea how true it is. but the government could just say. hey, we don't want this person around anymore. punch his ticket.
Don’t believe everything you see on the internet
Heard a new one this morning. This is all done by Bill gates so he could secure all the great art works from around the world 😂
At this point I’m not sure what shocks me more, that people actually put this stuff out there or that people actually believe it

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Never ceases to amaze me how stupid many people are. You think the country is in bad shape? It got that way for a reason.

Have gun, will travel
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paladin wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:13 pm Never ceases to amaze me how stupid many people are. You think the country is in bad shape? It got that way for a reason.
Now that’s a bully post.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

What amazes me Paladin is at a young age your told the choices you make during life is either the right choice,or the wrong choices. These choices you make determine your life road of becoming a person Of success or a person whose luck never seems to make it in life. We are teaching of what is the the right choice, wearing a mask , social distancing, wash hands, obey the guidelines set forth by our leaders, hence everyone helps save lives and beats this virus back until a vaccine or making a wrong choice of not wearing a face mask, no social distancing, not obeying the guidelines of our leaders and now we have lots of loss of life, virus spreading like wildfire. So I see some people making choices in leadership roles that are very questionable for young people, will school boards keep in back of there minds that the wrong choices was made during this pandemic that gave impression of me me or us us us first. So if people choose either school and sports over posssible infection and death, it looks like sports and in house school comes first here, SAD Groups of people is where it’s spread, wake up, it’s among us ready to spread.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

No, what amazes me, Prime, is the gullible swallowing conspiracy theories hook, line and sinker. One party wallows in conspiracy theories and controls many of the masses with BS that is constantly debunked. On the other hand, they ignore science and medical experts.

Disinfectant cocktail anyone ? I hear it protects you from the virus. :lol:

Have gun, will travel
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

The best way to get these highschool kids to quarantine is to tell them there season depends on it. You tell them there season is over you’ll start seeing COVID partys. I’m not blaming them, there kids, it’s how they think.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

;) A little common sense goes a long way! LOL I'm from the old hickory switch days ! And seen and not heard ! :lol:

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Geronimo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:47 pm ;) A little common sense goes a long way! LOL I'm from the old hickory switch days ! And seen and not heard ! :lol:
Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be much common sense anymore from the top to the bottom

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

https://www.ashlandsource.com/news/catt ... caae1.html

Judge in Ashland county Ohio orders restraining order for county health department hutting down restaurant. Common sense!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:31 pm https://www.ashlandsource.com/news/catt ... caae1.html

Judge in Ashland county Ohio orders restraining order for county health department hutting down restaurant. Common sense!
Home run!

Return to “Football”