Our Seniors deserve better

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Our Seniors deserve better

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

longball wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:57 pm It doesn’t matter.. heart disease is preventable. Same as diabetes but we aren’t all concerned about shutting down McDonald’s to keep us safe from that though are we?
Not if both are hereditary. My wife has diabetes no matter what she eats. She could eat salads the rest of her life, and still have to take her shots, and pills, per her doctor. Heart disease can be hereditary as well. Eating junk, and Mickey dee's is not all the culprit.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Where are the idiots getting their info? Trench just stated medical fact. My god, the outright falsehoods are troubling. Lying Rump must be infecting people. :lol: :lol:

Have gun, will travel
longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Not everyone who has diabetes and heart disease inherited it.. so you're saying I'm making false claims by pointing out they are preventable diseases? Good lord, I just can't deal with the narrow-minded idiocy anymore. I'm out.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

You made an absolute statement. It is NOT all preventable. Dolt ! Genetic and hereditary factors are a fact of life.

Apparently below standard education is as well in SEO.

Have gun, will travel
Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

Hopefully we can get people in charge to just maintain a holding pattern. The numbers will drop as the pool of people voluntarily getting tested is saturated.... which is starting to happen.

As I said in my 1st ever post a month ago, its simply how the numbers people are given are used by them to form their opinion. It puzzles me that people continue to tell people to "follow the science", yet IMO, people are actually following the media presentation of science. Not that its a conspiracy, but that the media has a financial outcome to present it in a certain manner. They need you to watch.

If you look at CDC data and John Hopkins research, you will find that positive tests results have been holding along a baseline of 7.9%-8.3% for nearly a month, regardless of how many tests are administered. This during times of both closing/opening/closing of restaurants/bars, beaches, riots, protests, rallies, ect. Also mandates of masks have been implemented, rescinded & implemented again. During it all the percentage of positive test results have held relatively steady.

So, as an example, lets use 10% as the rate of positive tests results. If "Week #1" they test 10 people they get 1 result. In "Week #2" they test 1,000 people and get 100 results and in "Week #3" they test 100 people and get 10 results. On each day its 10%...... but if the media states from "Week #1 --> Week #2" that the cases jumped from 1 to 100... there are people (some on here) that will yell "Its running wild, its out of control" and demand action by everyone. So in "Week #2" officials mandate masks and after "Week #3" the media reports the 10 cases. People then say "See, since we took action, it went down"........ but did it? Its still 10% of those tested.

I look at the numbers and say whatever action you took had little to no impact. In fact, I look at the samples of 10, 1000 and 100 and see each sample brought in a huge range of potential exposures. 1000 people are exposed to a tremendously larger amount than 10 people..... but each sample resulted in the same 10% result. So the virus isn't running wild, its not out of control. Its not laying in wait. In fact it appears to be static. Its going to impact 10% of the population regardless what measures you take.... short of complete shutdown and total isolation.

Just the way I look at the numbers. I don't care the number of cases, but if that number is growing compared to the samples size in percentages. That tells me if things are ramping up and plans should be made to deal with it. Then after that baseline is established, I want to know what percentage of that 10% needed medical treatment/hospitalization. Right now, I think the CDC is reporting 120 per 100,000, which is 0.1%.... to me, an extremely small percentage. Like I said in another post. The CDC data shows that for ages 0-17 the rate is almost 0% (.017%). That's from the CDC... not tinfoilhat.com or area51isreal.org.... That's why the CDC is behind kids returning to school.... not just nuts wanting HS football.

This "IS" actual science. These "ARE" actual numbers. If you just watch TV and see 45K new cases, 51K new cases, 26K new cases each day of course you're going to pee down your leg.... but what are those numbers telling you? If the media or Dr. Faucci came out and said, "No vaccine, 32,000,000 people will get infected, 0.1% will need to go to the hospital and 0.04% of the population will die." What would you do? Would you be done with concern? Would we need to do what we're doing or would we just process it, deal with it and move on?

Sure this will be very bad for some people, even fatal. That's tragic. But IMO, there are and will continue to be a much MUCH larger percentage of people, many young children, that will be adversely affected in all of this without ever contracting the virus. We're making the cure worse than the disease.

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

The seniors do and did deserve better. However, for months people kept stating, “sheep”, and “hoax”, and don’t mess with my “Freedom”. If the season is cancelled we only have ourselves to blame. MASK UP!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Classic!!

AT THE RESERVATION
sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

DeWine changes the rules more than a toddler does playing a board game. It’s like he can predict the time and at what stores and events this virus can spread

fbhs74
Waterboy

Post by fbhs74 »

longball wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:57 pm It doesn’t matter.. heart disease is preventable. Same as diabetes but we aren’t all concerned about shutting down McDonald’s to keep us safe from that though are we?
Wow! For edification:

https://medlineplus.gov/congenitalheartdefects.html

https://www.jdrf.org/t1d-resources/about/treatment/

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Our “experts” here are top notch................ for SEO. lol

Have gun, will travel
sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

Paladin wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:50 pm Our “experts” here are top notch................ for SEO. lol
We ain’t sceered of a little Coronavirus down this way Paladin. Go ahead and stay in your little bubble until this passes. We’ll go ahead and keep going to work everyday with our make believe protective masks

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:50 pm Our “experts” here are top notch................ for SEO. lol
Yet another "expert" opinion........Lol

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

fbhs74 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:41 pm
Wow! For edification:

https://medlineplus.gov/congenitalheartdefects.html

https://www.jdrf.org/t1d-resources/about/treatment/

Since we are making ourselves smarter tonight:

https://www.heart.org/en/get-involved/a ... n-programs

“An estimated 80% of cardiovascular disease, including heart disease and stroke, are preventable.”

So what exactly is your point? You gave us info on congenital heart defects lol.

My point is, no one cares about preventing any other diseases but you all want to be the Covid heroes!

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Paladin wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:02 am Where are the idiots getting their info? Trench just stated medical fact. My god, the outright falsehoods are troubling. Lying Rump must be infecting people. :lol: :lol:
White middle americans have chosen a tin pot twitter troll over science & math.

I guess karma is a b. 🤷‍♂️

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

sykesb2 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:11 pm
We ain’t sceered of a little Coronavirus down this way Paladin. Go ahead and stay in your little bubble until this passes. We’ll go ahead and keep going to work everyday with our make believe protective masks
No ya won't.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Pretty sure that means shoes & indoor plumbing. 😂

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:08 pm
sykesb2 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:11 pm
No ya won't.
I wish I had that choice

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

American Federation of Teachers will back teachers if a strike occurs among teachers.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

I got bad news for the boomer brigade that utilizes an orange twitter troll to hide from reality.

http://wchstv.com/news/local/teachers-r ... ntry-plans

In person learning & fall sports are not happening.

Start the process of coming to terms w that now.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:54 pm I got bad news for the boomer brigade that utilizes an orange twitter troll to hide from reality.

http://wchstv.com/news/local/teachers-r ... ntry-plans

In person learning & fall sports are not happening.

Start the process of coming to terms w that now.
So you read a headline but should probably read an article, wow.

Return to “Football”