New Health Order for Contact /Non Contact Sports (8/1)

thetitanic
Riding the Bench

Re: New Health Order for Contact /Non Contact Sports (8/1)

Post by thetitanic »

Okay so has there been any thing new being said about the season?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

thetitanic wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:02 pm Okay so has there been any thing new being said about the season?
Basically they're still working hand in hand with the Ohio Department of Health in and trying to come up with the best guidelines that everyone can agree is in the best interest of the players. Dewine and Husted have already stated the current testing regulations on the weekly testing will need to go away as it is not feasible at the high school level to test that frequently and that many across the state. Saying a decision will not happen until shortly before the season would be starting. However, they are making progress on the appropriate steps that need to be taken both from a players stand point and spectators stand point. Basically it's still a stay tuned moment but after listening to Husted sounds like they're dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's and that a season should happen.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

greygoose wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:10 pm
thetitanic wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:02 pm Okay so has there been any thing new being said about the season?
Basically they're still working hand in hand with the Ohio Department of Health in and trying to come up with the best guidelines that everyone can agree is in the best interest of the players. Dewine and Husted have already stated the current testing regulations on the weekly testing will need to go away as it is not feasible at the high school level to test that frequently and that many across the state. Saying a decision will not happen until shortly before the season would be starting. However, they are making progress on the appropriate steps that need to be taken both from a players stand point and spectators stand point. Basically it's still a stay tuned moment but after listening to Husted sounds like they're dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's and that a season should happen.
You’re correct, except it is not a matter of “dotting i’s and crossing t’s.” The primary obstacle is the State wants an accountability mechanism for schools that break the protocols.

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

Just think how many kids would have had to quarantine for 14 days and had game cancelled because of bad test results.
I wonder if dewine tests results stood as a new case.
The numbers are false!!

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Stan Smith wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:20 am
NO........His case and others of the same situation are taken off the record............

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Stan Smith wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:20 am Just think how many kids would have had to quarantine for 14 days and had game cancelled because of bad test results.
The numbers are false!!
That number of kids is most likely zero. They’re most likely not being administered the same test that DeWine screened COVID+ on.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Pennsylvania governor just recommended all high school sports cancelled until 2021. PIAA meets today

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Just saw on Twitter the Ohsaa sent football updates to Administrators...press release to follow around 4:45

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Anya updates as of 445?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”