Chesapeake Suspends Fall Sports

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Chesapeake Suspends Fall Sports

Post by EasternDspy »

mlittle wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:10 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:44 am Heart goes out to the Srs. Also I don’t know how someone can come on here and pump his chest like he was right about something. He’s super heartless as he tries to push his agenda.
These are the people who have no clue how the real world works.
You think these kids are safer? You think they are just staying at home quarantined??? No they will be out in the world at a higher risk. Least during football you could monitor symptoms.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:31 am https://www.peake.k12.oh.us/protected/A ... I&dasi=202

Chesapeake becomes the first local team I have heard of that has went to 100% remote learning to begin the school year and will not have fall sports. This places a lot of holes in the OVC football schedules
actually it doesnt, before this, all ovc teams could not play each other but now they can

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

goUK wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:45 pm
4thgoal wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:31 am https://www.peake.k12.oh.us/protected/A ... I&dasi=202

Chesapeake becomes the first local team I have heard of that has went to 100% remote learning to begin the school year and will not have fall sports. This places a lot of holes in the OVC football schedules
actually it doesnt, before this, all ovc teams could not play each other but now they can
I guess you are right. I thought they only had 7 teams, not 8. It will cause schedule changes for everyone on their soccer and volleyball schedules though.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

I personally feel my son has a lesser chance to pick up the virus while being part of a controlled environment by coaches and adults who truly care for his wellbeing; if he was not at his sports practice he would find something/anything to fill his time. Right now his focus is on going to practice and doing the right things to make his season happen while adhering to the in place protections/protocols to not transmit anything to his teammates....by no means is this 100% going to keep transmission of COVID from taking place But I do believe it is better than the alternative of finding other things to “fill his time”.

We will follow and accept whatever our district decides and continue to support our district leaders, they unfortunately have very difficult decisions with long lasting ramifications/consequences whichever way they go...

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

And I definitely feel for the kids and the Chesapeake community as a whole....

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:29 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:44 am Heart goes out to the Srs. Also I don’t know how someone can come on here and pump his chest like he was right about something. He’s super heartless as he tries to push his agenda.
You think these kids are safer? You think they are just staying at home quarantined??? No they will be out in the world at a higher risk. Least during football you could monitor symptoms.
Bro I’m on your side here. I don’t think kids are at risk at home or at practice. This virus is basically not affecting kids at all, anywhere.

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:29 pm
As a current college student not too far removed from high school I agree with this. I promise you no one of high school or college age has been socially distancing nor could you ever guilt them into it. They will hang out together every time they get the chance. The powers that decide things want to take away everything that make these young kids lives enjoyable and expect them to be okay with it. We are hurting their mental health at the age they are the most vulnerable to it. They need social interaction and they need things to keep them motivated this school year and I think sports is one of the safest ways to give them that. I would have never survived and excelled in high school without the enjoyment sports and the daily interactions with my fellow classmates gave me.

Snowflake
Freshman Team

Re: Chesapeake Cancels Fall Sports

Post by Snowflake »

Prime Time wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:13 am Bravo to the Chesapeake school system. The welfare of the students, staff and all school personnel should be proud of such a decision to safe guard our kids, teachers and the well being of all parents and grand parents. There priority’s are straight and should be commended when this is all done with. I would commend the school board very highly. Lead by example and showed just because all others choose a path with many dangers to all that school boards will have to be accountable in the end for what they choose for your kids, your teachers, your employees and community’s that everyone lives.
Yesssss! Someone with some common sense. Hopefully the Governor will display some today and shut down all sports. Do the right thing people wearing the mask and complying with all orders pertaining to COVID -19. The only thing anyone should be doing outside without a mask on is protesting peacefully. All other activities inside and out should be done with a mask on. The life you save could be your mothers.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Snowflake wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:39 pm
Prime Time wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:13 am Bravo to the Chesapeake school system. The welfare of the students, staff and all school personnel should be proud of such a decision to safe guard our kids, teachers and the well being of all parents and grand parents. There priority’s are straight and should be commended when this is all done with. I would commend the school board very highly. Lead by example and showed just because all others choose a path with many dangers to all that school boards will have to be accountable in the end for what they choose for your kids, your teachers, your employees and community’s that everyone lives.
Yesssss! Someone with some common sense. Hopefully the Governor will display some today and shut down all sports. Do the right thing people wearing the mask and complying with all orders pertaining to COVID -19. The only thing anyone should be doing outside without a mask on is protesting peacefully. All other activities inside and out should be done with a mask on. The life you save could be your mothers.
Grandmother

Snowflake
Freshman Team

Post by Snowflake »

mlittle wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:42 pm
Grandmother
Her too. :ugeek:

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yep we should cancel everything and hide in the closets. Get real Karen.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Snowflake and Primetime must know more than Dr Tim
Borchers of Ohio State.

Cowboy22
Riding the Bench

Post by Cowboy22 »

For years we said the youth is our future. Take care of the youth. Now to protect the elderly we must poop on the youth. I cleaned that up a lot just FYI

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:11 pm

KAREN :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: KAREN.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Not knowing that area well, can someone tell me the closest school districts to Chesapeake? I assume there are several calls occurring today about open enrollment.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

teach1coach2 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:13 pm Not knowing that area well, can someone tell me the closest school districts to Chesapeake? I assume there are several calls occurring today about open enrollment.
Peakes district touches South Point, Fairland, Coal Grove and I believe Symmes Valley.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Dewine also said that districts who are in red and even orange counties need to watch the community spread closely because it can affect schools, which can affect sports. You could see Jackson county play, but not Lawrence Gallia, or Scioto county.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:11 pm

Do you seriously not get the severe sarcasm in snowflake's comments? Come on man! He is basically a parody account, lol.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

I commend Chesapeake board for this tough decision, but in my opinion the right decision. First let me say, I was a division one athlete before any of you jump on what I’m about to say. Yes, athletics, band, cheerleading, etc... are very important to students who attend these schools. Who are we to say that it is a bad decision? Doctors do not know the short term or long term effects this will have on 5 year olds who get Covid, they don’t know the life long effects of ten year olds who get it or any other aged person. Is it worth putting all these people at risk? In my opinion, NO!! If it is/was your kid, dad, mom, grandmother, wife, etc... you all would change your opinion who disagree with Chesapeake’s decision. Last but not least, I’m also a 25 year school teacher who believes we should not be in school. Believe me in my building at least 90% of my colleagues feel the same way. We should all be on remote/on line the first nine weeks. Also, this would cause me to have to do more work then what I’m going to be doing now, so it’s not about me not wanting to go to work. It’s about saving that one kid, one mom, one dad, one loved ones life! Again, this is just my opinion!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:09 pm I commend Chesapeake board for this tough decision, but in my opinion the right decision. First let me say, I was a division one athlete before any of you jump on what I’m about to say. Yes, athletics, band, cheerleading, etc... are very important to students who attend these schools. Who are we to say that it is a bad decision? Doctors do not know the short term or long term effects this will have on 5 year olds who get Covid, they don’t know the life long effects of ten year olds who get it or any other aged person. Is it worth putting all these people at risk? In my opinion, NO!! If it is/was your kid, dad, mom, grandmother, wife, etc... you all would change your opinion who disagree with Chesapeake’s decision. Last but not least, I’m also a 25 year school teacher who believes we should not be in school. Believe me in my building at least 90% of my colleagues feel the same way. We should all be on remote/on line the first nine weeks. Also, this would cause me to have to do more work then what I’m going to be doing now, so it’s not about me not wanting to go to work. It’s about saving that one kid, one mom, one dad, one loved ones life! Again, this is just my opinion!!!
Thank you for not making your opinion a shaming post. People respect your opinion but they respectfully disagree including me. Here’s why. Playing football or not playing hasn’t been demonstrated a factor in the spread of Covid. Kids aren’t going to social distance. It’s not in their nature to do so. So whether they play or not the virus continues. One can insert anything into this sentence;

Was it worth it to ______, to get your family member sick?

Play football
Go to the store
Buy a pair of shoes
Attend your loved ones funeral
The list goes on and on

The virus has spread in spite of football and we want to cancel it? Why not try to control our youths behavior by offering something they can do, and offer it with a much better environment?

Return to “Football”