2020 Caldwell 34 - 20 Eastern Meigs

Fields3
Waterboy

Re: WK 1: Reedsville Eastern @ Caldwell

Post by Fields3 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:26 am
Fields3 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:23 am
Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:15 pm Eastern is a good team. They have a solid backfield and they aren't afraid to hit someone either. They may have some trouble with teams that can throw the ball though.
How did the scrimmage go?
It was a pretty good scrimmage. 3-2 NY.
It was physical and both teams made some mistakes. Both teams got a lot out of it and that is what matters.
Good that’s what it’s all about . Good luck to both programs this year

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

^^^ I was told, since I wasn't allowed to attend, that Eastern pretty well dominated in physicality. "A lot of bodies flying around" is how it was explained to me. Yea they gave up some scores but the "D" was kept pretty vanilla. The Newland kid was a beast on offense. Good luck handling him this year TVC Hocking. :mrgreen:

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Eastern has some good size

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Watched Eastern against NY. Don't know what Caldwell has but if they can't stop the punishing running game they'll be in for a looooooonnnnnnngggg night in this one. Eastern backs and line are the real deal.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
thetitanic
Riding the Bench

Post by thetitanic »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:15 pm Eastern is a good team. They have a solid backfield and they aren't afraid to hit someone either. They may have some trouble with teams that can throw the ball though.
Just ask Easterns team about Waterford and passing the ball against them last year lol. agreed their pass defense is very very weak.

HammeredEagle
Waterboy

Post by HammeredEagle »

thetitanic wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:07 pm [quote="Orange and Brown" post_id=<a href="tel:1877841">1877841</a> time=<a href="tel:1598145338">1598145338</a> user_id=82]
Eastern is a good team. They have a solid backfield and they aren't afraid to hit someone either. They may have some trouble with teams that can throw the ball though.
Just ask Easterns team about Waterford and passing the ball against them last year lol. agreed their pass defense is very very weak.
[/quote]

Freshmen and sophomores started in the secondary last year for Eastern. This year it looks like they will have juniors and a couple of seniors that didn’t play last year. While I expect it to get better, I would imagine pass defense to be behind for most teams. With no 7 on 7’s allowed this year, it’s probably hard to see varsity speed in practice for small teams especially.

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

thetitanic wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:07 pm
That was last year. We expect them to have a much improved pass defense this year. But if not that's okay with us. :D

on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

Rumor has it the hook and ladder is in the playbook in case it is needed this year

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

on the black wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:36 am Rumor has it the hook and ladder is in the playbook in case it is needed this year
That's always been in our regular playbook. The Gambler has a whole host of trick plays though. He hides the list under his towel. He's won several games with that list especially against Nelsonville. But he's never really needed it against Eastern. :D

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Tow Head wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:07 pm
on the black wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:36 am Rumor has it the hook and ladder is in the playbook in case it is needed this year
That's always been in our regular playbook. The Gambler has a whole host of trick plays though. He hides the list under his towel. He's won several games with that list especially against Nelsonville. But he's never really needed it against Eastern. :D
Eastern will be a whole different animal this year, I wouldn’t overlook them if I were Trimble.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

this Easterns year for the TVC?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

mattash wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:30 pm this Easterns year for the TVC?
That's what everyone is saying. I love it. Hopefully we can at least score on them. Oh how we love to be the underdog. :D

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Tow Head wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:11 am
That's what everyone is saying. I love it. Hopefully we can at least score on them. Oh how we love to be the underdog. :D
You can make a joke of it all you want but I bet it won’t be so funny when Eastern actually shows up and out performs Trimble. I’m not actually saying that will happen but I am saying it very well could if Trimble doesn’t take them seriously.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Eastern is probably more focused on Caldwell, a team they had to come from behind against in the fourth quarter last year, as they should be. Caldwell brings back basically everyone IIRC.

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

Bulldog84 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:50 am
Tow Head wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:11 am
You can make a joke of it all you want but I bet it won’t be so funny when Eastern actually shows up and out performs Trimble. I’m not actually saying that will happen but I am saying it very well could if Trimble doesn’t take them seriously.
No joking here. We have little chance of scoring on them let alone beating them. We have our work cut out for us in that one, and after our loss to Nelsonville we'll be down and they'll be up after putting it on Caldwell. It's going to be a monumental task. I hope we're up for it. :D

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

That list can’t save the gambler this year.

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

Lucky Charms wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:15 pm
That list can’t save the gambler this year.
Yes we know. We've given up on beating Easton this year. Maybe next year. Can we just forfeit now? We don't want anyone getting hurt cause we might be able to win a game or two if we stay healthy, play our best, and the refs help us out some. :D

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:08 pm Eastern is probably more focused on Caldwell, a team they had to come from behind against in the fourth quarter last year, as they should be. Caldwell brings back basically everyone IIRC.
Yep, focused on the Redskins. I think the Iggles win by two scores this year, pulling away.

Kid Green
Waterboy

Post by Kid Green »

Da Eastern be puttin it on da Cadwell. I be thinkin dis game be havin da clock runnin in da 3rd. :mrgreen:

Dat wat da Kid be sayin! :mrgreen:
RedskinFootball
Waterboy

Post by RedskinFootball »

Their year huh?

DUDLEY. Enough said.

Return to “Football”