Most surprising thing of week 1

Formerbenchwarmer
Waterboy

Most surprising thing of week 1

Post by Formerbenchwarmer »

What surprised y’all the most from week 1? Mine was how stifling Wheelersburg defense was, also how ironton was just able to plug and play in so many different positions. What is yalls thoughts?

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Most surprising thing of week 1

Post by wobycat »

Burgs run defense. Considering how they struggled last year, I thought it would be more of a struggle just because they were practically starting new there but they looked good.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Valley upending northwest. I thought northwest would’ve pulled it out.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

NW being totally unprepared

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Trevorstephens22
JV Team

Post by Trevorstephens22 »

Athens offense struggling (dropping passes, passing late in-game when can they can be running out the clock. etc)

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Oak Hill going all the way to St. Clairsville and playing them tough. SOC II going to have some real competitive games next 5 weeks*

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Caldwell over Eastern

Waterford defense surprised me even tho they allowed 341 yards

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

wobycat wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:40 pm Valley upending northwest. I thought northwest would’ve pulled it out.
I had Valley winning it, but shocked that Northwest was never in the game. Goes to show that everyone focuses on overall roster numbers (I’m guilty of it for sure), but as long as the 11 players on the field can play, doesn’t really matter too much in the end. Valley may have only 31 kids, but they got a bunch of solid players in that low overall number*

RothGGProducer
Riding the Bench

Post by RothGGProducer »

Formerbenchwarmer wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:30 pm What surprised y’all the most from week 1? Mine was how stifling Wheelersburg defense was, also how ironton was just able to plug and play in so many different positions. What is yalls thoughts?
Meadowbrook beating John Glenn again, Waterford hanging with Fort Frye for 3.5 quarters, Athens struggling with Alexander, Trimble offense passing success.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble putting up 34 on NY in a half

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Mother nature’s continual interference of Games these past couple years early in the season.

30 miles apart, one game is cancelled until Saturday, while just 30 miles south on 23, sunshine.

I’d swear I was in FL!!!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Wheelersburg had the most surprising margin of victory. Valley the most surprising win. Yet with summer practice and schedules being out of synch due to the contagion, we will need week two results to declare anyone but Ironton and Jackson monsters of the midway.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

I really thought someone would say the biggest surprise of week 1 was we actually had a week 1. Hopefully things continue to go well and kids get to complete the season.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

I was impressed by many of the live streams for all of the games. I did not go to any games but WCH JV vs Minford JV on Saturday morning. The quality of the varsity games was really good. So I got to watch many games from home . I enjoyed that

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Northwest getting rolled

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Most surprising to me was ironton putting 50 on Portsmouth by halftime. I can’t tell if ironton was that good or Portsmouth was that bad.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

I'm not surprised cause I follow Tomcat football but Trimble replacing the entire offensive line, QB, and RB and putting 34 on Nelsonville may be surprising to some

Its all in the hips
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:01 pm Mother nature’s continual interference of Games these past couple years early in the season.

30 miles apart, one game is cancelled until Saturday, while just 30 miles south on 23, sunshine.

I’d swear I was in FL!!!
No s... man. Went to grocery store 2 months ago. Pouring at my house while kinda cloudy when I got to the parking. Distance was 1.2 miles.....go figure.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:48 am
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:01 pm Mother nature’s continual interference of Games these past couple years early in the season.

I’d swear I was in FL!!!
No s... man. Went to grocery store 2 months ago. Pouring at my house while kinda cloudy when I got to the parking lot Distance was 1.2 miles.....go figure.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

Return to “Football”