2020 Wheelersburg 42 - 28 Minford

SpeedKillz

Re: Week 2 Minford at Burg

Post by SpeedKillz »

The Nature Boy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:38 pm And yes I will take the Burg over Minford. The Burg has a sleeper team this year. A bunch of kids playing as a team and for the love of the game. Take them lightly and you might get beat. I guess that goes for any team.
They call that an empty platitude. 😉

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:55 pm Minford finishes against Burg this time.
They call that "assertion without evidence".

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

No, it definitely "is what it is". The Burg will do well this season. They should handle Minford. Chillicothe wasn't as bad as people say and the only disadvantage to not getting to play Ironton and Jackson was to get better each week win or lose as the season goes along. I am not saying the level of competition the Burg is playing will be bad but there is a difference with the Ironton, Jackson and Columbus teams than everyone else. Everyone has to be on the fast track now.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

The Nature Boy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:43 pm No, it definitely "is what it is". The Burg will do well this season. They should handle Minford. Chillicothe wasn't as bad as people say and the only disadvantage to not getting to play Ironton and Jackson was to get better each week win or lose as the season goes along. I am not saying the level of competition the Burg is playing will be bad but there is a difference with the Ironton, Jackson and Columbus teams than everyone else. Everyone has to be on the fast track now.
look at irontons schedule

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

I think Minford will challenge the Burg with their athletes, but I think Minford OL/DL will wear down late in the game. I see a competitive game throughout with Burg putting one on late to make it "look worse than it is." Burg 35 Minford 17

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

The Nature Boy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:43 pm No, it definitely "is what it is". The Burg will do well this season. They should handle Minford. Chillicothe wasn't as bad as people say and the only disadvantage to not getting to play Ironton and Jackson was to get better each week win or lose as the season goes along. I am not saying the level of competition the Burg is playing will be bad but there is a difference with the Ironton, Jackson and Columbus teams than everyone else. Everyone has to be on the fast track now.
You don’t follow Chillicothe much then , worst team in 10
years .

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Burg93 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:08 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:55 pm Minford finishes against Burg this time.
They call that "assertion without evidence".
Nope. Its called a prediction.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tommy Chong wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:04 pm
You don’t follow Chillicothe much then , worst team in 10
years .
What is your point? They still won convincingly.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Would like to see Minford contend. But I’ll take Burg by 3 scores tonight at home.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Minford has studied the Ridgewood/ burg playoff game and I look for them to line up in 5-wide sets and motion the slot receivers with the routes being called down from the box. If Minford runs 50-plays from scrimmage, I expect 48 of them to be thru the air. Last year, W'burg had the absolute worse pass defense in the SOC, and most of those kids graduated. Burg's DBs were exposed BIG TIME by Ridgewood, expect Minford to try and do the same.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:23 pm Minford has studied the Ridgewood/ burg playoff game and I look for them to line up in 5-wide sets and motion the slot receivers with the routes being called down from the box. If Minford runs 50-plays from scrimmage, I expect 48 of them to be thru the air. Last year, W'burg had the absolute worse pass defense in the SOC, and most of those kids graduated. Burg's DBs were exposed BIG TIME by Ridgewood, expect Minford to try and do the same.
Minford isn't Ridgewood

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

This isn't last year's secondary either.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

It’s not gonna seem right not being there tonight. The last time I missed a home game was when we beat cabell midland in 2003

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Go Burg!

Burg grad 85
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Can burg tackle this year? Askin' for a friend. :lol:

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

frankie wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:27 pm Can burg tackle this year? Askin' for a friend. :lol:
Tell your friend "when they couldn't tackle last year" they still won their league and a playoff game. The only games they lost to were playoff teams and they also beat 4 playoff teams during the regular season. Bad for burg standards I guess but good for a lot of other schools.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford takes the opening drive for a TD. Burg answers with a long KO return and later scores

7-7

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:41 pm
vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:23 pm Minford has studied the Ridgewood/ burg playoff game and I look for them to line up in 5-wide sets and motion the slot receivers with the routes being called down from the box. If Minford runs 50-plays from scrimmage, I expect 48 of them to be thru the air. Last year, W'burg had the absolute worse pass defense in the SOC, and most of those kids graduated. Burg's DBs were exposed BIG TIME by Ridgewood, expect Minford to try and do the same.

That is probably the dumbest post I've ever read on here. I'm not sure anyone that was in the defensive backfield last year is even on the team this year. Most of them were Seniors.

After watching Burg's defensive line get after Chilli last week, those passes better be out of the QB's hand in less than 3 second because at 4 seconds.................................................................................................................................................................................
BOOM COMES THE BURG'S DEFENSE
Obviously, your reading and comprehension skills haven't improved any from last year. Also one of the absolute idiotic responses I've ever read on here. I make the statement the most of burg's secondary graduated from last year's team. The point is, this is an inexperienced defensive backfield, duh moron! With any passing spread team, the goal is to have the ball out of the QB's hands in 3 seconds or less. If more, he tucks it and runs or throws deep outta bounds.

So far this is the worse overall burg defense I've seen in 20-yrs. Get a clue dude! Lol!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

I saw 3 games and they were weak at tackling. Didn't impress me.

Return to “Football”