2020 Amanda-Clearcreek 17 - 12 Logan

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Week 2: Logan @ Amanda Clearcreek

Post by countywide35 »

Let’s hope the Chiefs wins this one. I was really suprised how much Eddy threw the ball against Jackson. Logan looked good running the ball between the tackles against Jackson. And was very suprised with Coach Eddys approach that he did not stick to this more. That would have been a good recipe for a Jackson upset running the ball , playing clock control , and keeping Jackson high potent offense wirh all that speed on the sideline. But , Eddy chose the track meet route and not a good idea against this years Jackson team. Logan physically pushed Jackaon around up front and ran the ball very well against them. I hope Jackson can fix this and apperciate Logan exposing that early so Coach Hall n gang can get that rectified.

Good Luxk to the Chiefs.....will definitely be rooting you fellas on

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:04 pm playing clock control , and keeping Jackson high potent offense wirh all that speed on the sideline.
Okay. So now I've had to go back and watch the game again. I feel like we watched different games.

First:

Logan: 76 offensive plays, 18 first downs, 32:13 Time of Posession

Jackson: 39 offensive plays, 13 first downs, 15:47 time of posession

Logan absolutely DID win the clock control game and kept Jackson off the field.
Last edited by loganlocos on Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

1st half:

9 drives (one ended half in Jackson territory)

7 for 25 passing (2 spikes), 53 yards, INT

18 carries, 89 yards rushing

BUT

Inside the tackles Logan was 13-46 if you include a late half draw play for 22 yards.

Logan picked up 45 yards rushing on 3 scramble but also suffered a 10 yards sack, so they were 4 rushes for 35 yards on PASSING plays.

They also gained 8 on a jet sweep.

SO - Logan was actually BETTER running the ball on called pass plays than they were running it on running plays in the first half.
Last edited by loganlocos on Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

2nd half:

4 drives (1st team)

6 for 13 passing, 83 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

9 carries, 46 yards rushing (7-42 inside, 2-4 outside)

So the only time Logan was able to establish any inside running game was after the score was 35-6.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:35 pm
countywide35 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:04 pm playing clock control , and keeping Jackson high potent offense wirh all that speed on the sideline.
Okay. So now I've had to go back and watch the game again. I feel like we watched different games.

First:

Two words come to mind when you see a stat sheet like that and a score that ended the way it did.

1. Efficiency
2. Exploited

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Chief02 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:11 pm

First:

Two words come to mind when you see a stat sheet like that and a score that ended the way it did.

1. Efficiency
2. Exploited
Absolutely.

Jackson's offense was explosive. Big time chunk plays.

It's the things Logan hasn't been able to do much of in the last 3-4 years. In 2018 and 2019 especially, they lacked "explosive " plays. Logan has been efficient in the run and pass games - but they do it in 3-4 yard intervals, maxing at 12-18 yard gains mostly. They don't get the big hitters often enough.

At any level that is hard. But in HS it takes EXTREME focus and discipline. You have to be able to run 10-15 plays in a row without mistakes. You have to be willing to convert on 4th down and 3 or less.

I think Logan has better personnel for "chunk" yards this year. Jackson - even this less experienced version - isn't going to give up those kind of plays very often. Just the state of the two programs right now.

Overall this was much more competitive than the Tri-Valley opener last year. And I think this Jackson team is much better than THAT Tri-Valley team FWIW.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

First:

Good run down. Jackson had quite a few 1/2 play drives. Playing ball control and all that only works if you play just a little bit of defense. Logan’s defense allowed Jackaon to do pretty much whatever they wanted. I think you took me saying how well Logan did between the tackles rhat if they did it all night long they would have won the game. And I apologize for that. Nothing Logan could have have done would help the
to beat Jackson. Unless Jackson was going to lose the game theirselves Logan was not going to beat them. I applauded the run game because to me they looked the best by running the ball. And it was little success. Very little success. As well as the pass game. But i did not want to say that. I wanted to say positive things about the Chiefs. I wanted to give praise to a far lesser team in the areas they looked somewhat good. Take a program like a jackosn that prides theirselves on defense and physically mauling teams to less than a total 100yrds offense, maybe one or two first downs , and kids waking up on Saturday mornings black n blue..and Logan being able to run a little bit on them. To me was an accomplishment. Again. I was trying to find some positives and praise the Chiefs and not how bad they did or the a$$ whoopin they took. I’ll continue to root for the Chiefs.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:14 am Good run down. Jackson had quite a few 1/2 play drives. Playing ball control and all that only works if you play just a little bit of defense. Logan’s defense allowed Jackaon to do pretty much whatever they wanted. I think you took me saying how well Logan did between the tackles rhat if they did it all night long they would have won the game. And I apologize for that. Nothing Logan could have have done would help the
to beat Jackson. Unless Jackson was going to lose the game theirselves Logan was not going to beat them. I applauded the run game because to me they looked the best by running the ball. And it was little success. Very little success. As well as the pass game. But i did not want to say that. I wanted to say positive things about the Chiefs. I wanted to give praise to a far lesser team in the areas they looked somewhat good. Take a program like a jackosn that prides theirselves on defense and physically mauling teams to less than a total 100yrds offense, maybe one or two first downs , and kids waking up on Saturday mornings black n blue..and Logan being able to run a little bit on them. To me was an accomplishment. Again. I was trying to find some positives and praise the Chiefs and not how bad they did or the a$$ whoopin they took. I’ll continue to root for the Chiefs.
Oh no worries. I appreciate the positivity. My exasperation wasn't aimed at you individual - more at the collective.

Jackson's program is where we want (and used) to be, do doubt about. Apologies to Gene Slaughter and Jim Reynolds/Randy Layton, but THIS is the new Golden Era of Ironman football.

Jackson was the better team. But I definitely wish Logan would have made them work a little harder - the defensive break downs in the secondary made it to easy for Winters and co. Against many teams you can have break downs and let receivers get behind you - and the QB won't be able to make the throw or the receiver will drop the ball. Jackson has the ability to punish your mistakes - and did just that.

I've said since the six game schedule was announced that Jackson would roll into the playoffs 6-0. And nothing I've seen has changed that. I think they would have been MUCH more sharp against Ironton if 55 and 57 had played.

I'm still positive about Logan too. They were still MUCH MUCH more competitive with Jackson than they were with Tri-Valley in the opener last season. And I think this Jackson team is better than THAT Tri-Valley team.

Logan will be able to open the playbook much more this year. I don't think they're going to air it out 25+ times every week. I think there may be weeks they throw it 12 times and weeks where they throw it 30. Last year they didn't have the personnel to throw it often.

Big test this Friday for the Chiefs. A-C always disciplined and physical. They have good players at the skill positions.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

loganlocos wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:06 amOh no worries. I appreciate the positivity. My exasperation wasn't aimed at you individual - more at the collective.
I think inches is the one that got under your skin the most, locos. He has a knack for doing that. :lol:

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Calling it the way I see it c-clamp...... I read where coach Eddy blamed the loss on mental mistakes.... He was right,, too many mental mistakes in the playcalling!!!!!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Marauders19 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:41 pm This is great game for Amanda the win will go big for a d4 school beating a school twice it’s size.. I just don’t understand why Logan is not competitive at anything lately. To nice of a facility to big of a school not to be better then this..
Agree.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:59 pm
Marauders19 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:41 pm This is great game for Amanda the win will go big for a d4 school beating a school twice it’s size.. I just don’t understand why Logan is not competitive at anything lately. To nice of a facility to big of a school not to be better then this..
Agree.

They will get better.

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

The mystery about Logan sports in general is they are the biggest school in southeastern Ohio have beautiful facilities and they are average at best in the area. They should dominate southeast Ohio in every sport. I feel like not being in a league that sports are a after thought. I’m predicting that Amanda wins and that simply should not happen in football where the boy population usually determines a huge part in it .. aces 21 Logan 10🤔🤔

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Is tv-2 doing the game tomorrow ? Nothing on their Facebook at this time. :(

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

9 thur 11 is about 450 boys with near 50 playing football that leaves 400 boys doing something else.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Marauders19 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:28 pm The mystery about Logan sports in general is they are the biggest school in southeastern Ohio have beautiful facilities and they are average at best in the area. They should dominate southeast Ohio in every sport. I feel like not being in a league that sports are a after thought. I’m predicting that Amanda wins and that simply should not happen in football where the boy population usually determines a huge part in it .. aces 21 Logan 10🤔🤔
You are correct in average at best. There are multiple factors that contribute to this, one of which you mentioned in the league situation. Another factor in my opinion is the youth sports options and emphasis. Youth football in Logan is decent, but there needs to be more collaboration between school levels down to the youth level. Baseball and softball youth options in Logan are atrocious. The rec league is about 2 years behind other leagues age group wise. For that reason is why I take my son to a travel ball organization in Lancaster. There is more emphasis on youth soccer with a local travel organization and the Rec league does two seasons. Most of all, I think community support is where we fall short. In many of these small school communities in southeast Ohio, the center of the community is the school. That sense of pride is lacking in Logan, therefore sports suffers. There are other factors, but those are a few that I feel contribute to our situation.
Last edited by Chief02 on Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

My prediction:

Logan - 21
Amanda - 20

thAGE
Waterboy

Post by thAGE »

Any tv or radio coverage on this one ?

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

thAGE wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:05 am Any tv or radio coverage on this one ?
98.3 SAM FM should have it. They have an app it is broadcast on. I’m unsure about live stream.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Good luck to the Chiefs.

Have gun, will travel

Return to “Football”