2020 Wheelersburg 42 - 28 Minford

WHO-DEY_FALCON
Waterboy

Re: Week 2 Minford at Burg

Post by WHO-DEY_FALCON »

I would say that Minford is still just a little bit behind in conditioning, but have still played better than what I thought with the 2 week quarantine. Falcons will only get better, and their offense is so fun to watch. As for Burg, they are once again a very disciplined, well-oiled machine with great skill athletes. I'm already looking forward to their eventual matchups with Waverly and Ironton. Some very good teams in our area this year.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Solid win

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

WHO-DEY_FALCON wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:08 pm I would say that Minford is still just a little bit behind in conditioning, but have still played better than what I thought with the 2 week quarantine. Falcons will only get better, and their offense is so fun to watch. As for Burg, they are once again a very disciplined, well-oiled machine with great skill athletes. I'm already looking forward to their eventual matchups with Waverly and Ironton. Some very good teams in our area this year.
I would take #2 #7 from minford any day love the way they play

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Burg better get a lot tougher if they want to beat Ironton week 9

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great win Burg! Hard fought game by both teams.

Burg looked good and then looked totally bad on offense and defense. Minford is a good enough team that caused most of the bad. Minford will win out while Burg still has a tough game at Waverly and neither team can count out Oak Hill.

Couple of questions about how things were handled for the crowd and players.

Why were the Burg Freshman on the sideline if they are not in pads?

Still sad how many just can't obey the rules and wear the mask the whole time and also not sit in a row that says section closed. No one going around enforcing any of this so if there was someone there observing how people reacted it would be sad to have the season ended because people can't do what they are being asked to do!!! No one wants to wear the mask but you do it so the kids can play!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:06 pm It's obvious the 2 weeks of practice and conditioning Minford lost before the season started is catching up with them
I thought so to, Minford wore down some late
Minford is solid
I thought the falcons Qb was by far the best player on the field

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

fbnut wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:27 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:06 pm It's obvious the 2 weeks of practice and conditioning Minford lost before the season started is catching up with them
I thought so to, Minford wore down some late
Minford is solid
I thought the falcons Qb was by far the best player on the field
I agree and once they started throwing to number 15 as well they became dangerous.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Minford will continue to get better as the season progresses and the Qb and receivers get their timing down. For a Freshman, #1 did a great job at FB running the ball.

I thought W'burg's MIller, Dyer and Swords were their best players, and Sanderlin at QB is more of a threat than the Ashland, KY transfer. For Minford, they were gassed in the 2nd half, and I definitely would be having Saturday weights & conditioning practice. Not much defense by either squad for either side to brag about.

Until we meet again, Good luck to the Pirates!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Swayze
Riding the Bench

Post by Swayze »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:39 pm Don't give me that 2 week break, weeks ago hog wash. Didn't seem to effect anything in week 1, no one was worried about it going into week 2 until after the results. Want to be a champion you take it upon yourself, or coaches should've been posting things for the kids to do on their own at home. You don't make excuses, shows weakness within your program.
Lord you need your head examined the grey goose is pickling your brain. It was definitely evident in week 1... breaking in a brand new oline is tough with a whole summer of practice let alone missing two weeks.at least they followed the rules unlike some teams that won’t be mentioned.
As to the game both teams made excellent plays burg just made more at the right times. Some terrible timed penalties cost minford field position which you cannot do against a team like Wheelersburg . Number 2 as great as he is needs to trust his receivers more and quit zoning in on 7. 15 for minford is quietly d sneaking up on folks hopefully he gets more involved. He is a well put together kid. All in all it was a good game not what the score indicated and I am just thankful to have the opportunity to watch high school football this year!

Cheers!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:26 pm Great win Burg! Hard fought game by both teams.

Burg looked good and then looked totally bad on offense and defense. Minford is a good enough team that caused most of the bad. Minford will win out while Burg still has a tough game at Waverly and neither team can count out Oak Hill.

Still sad how many just can't obey the rules and wear the mask the whole time and also not sit in a row that says section closed. No one going around enforcing any of this so if there was someone there observing how people reacted it would be sad to have the season ended because people can't do what they are being asked to do!!! No one wants to wear the mask but you do it so the kids can play!
I’ll agree 100% with the entirety of your post. Sadly, ppl refuse to look at European and Asian models that have made it out of this pandemic and still want to Whine and bitch about wearing a mask. It’s b/c of those folks were not watching Big10 football Saturday afternoons and sitting at home watching HS football on our computers.
Last edited by vladimir on Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Tommy Chong wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:17 pm Burg better get a lot tougher if they want to beat Ironton week 9
I'm a burg fan but I can pretty much say with confidence that's not going to happen. Maybe next year Ironton is just too talented. Maybe this year Ironton can do what burg did in 2017. Glad I was there that was one of the best high school games I have ever seen.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Bdog_198807 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:00 am
Tommy Chong wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:17 pm Burg better get a lot tougher if they want to beat Ironton week 9
I'm a burg fan but I can pretty much say with confidence that's not going to happen. Maybe next year Ironton is just too talented. Maybe this year Ironton can do what burg did in 2017. Glad I was there that was one of the best high school games I have ever seen.
Burg and ironton may not even happen. Sports are funny like that. As far as this game, Risner and Lewis were outstanding. In the end, burg had way more depth. Burg didn’t tackle very well in this game some on them and some simply because of the players for minford making awesome plays. But in the end burg was about a two to three touchdown better team.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:54 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:26 pm Great win Burg! Hard fought game by both teams.

I’ll agree 100% with the entirety of your post. Sadly, ppl refuse to look at European and Asian models that have made it out of this pandemic and still want to Whine and bitch about wearing a mask. It’s b/c of those folks were not watching Big10 football Saturday afternoons and sitting at home watching HS football on our computers.

I want to apologize to you sir. After reading your entire post about Burg's DB's last year, it made sense what you said about Minford throwing the ball as much as they did last night. I have removed my thread and apologize once again.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Swayze wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:55 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:39 pm Don't give me that 2 week break, weeks ago hog wash. Didn't seem to effect anything in week 1, no one was worried about it going into week 2 until after the results. Want to be a champion you take it upon yourself, or coaches should've been posting things for the kids to do on their own at home. You don't make excuses, shows weakness within your program.
Lord you need your head examined the grey goose is pickling your brain. It was definitely evident in week 1... breaking in a brand new oline is tough with a whole summer of practice let alone missing two weeks.at least they followed the rules unlike some teams that won’t be mentioned.
As to the game both teams made excellent plays burg just made more at the right times. Some terrible timed penalties cost minford field position which you cannot do against a team like Wheelersburg . Number 2 as great as he is needs to trust his receivers more and quit zoning in on 7. 15 for minford is quietly d sneaking up on folks hopefully he gets more involved. He is a well put together kid. All in all it was a good game not what the score indicated and I am just thankful to have the opportunity to watch high school football this year!

Cheers!
Didn't realize they were the only team in the area that had a 2 week break, oh wait they weren't. Cheers to the excuses! Bottom line was and is everyone knew last season was the year Minford needed to get over the burg hump, and that didn't happen. This outcome is exactly what was predicted, simply put the better team won and there's nothing wrong with that. Buckle up and get ready for next week.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:32 am

Cheers!
Didn't realize they were the only team in the area that had a 2 week break, oh wait they weren't. Cheers to the excuses! Bottom line was and is everyone knew last season was the year Minford needed to get over the burg hump, and that didn't happen. This outcome is exactly what was predicted, simply put the better team won and there's nothing wrong with that. Buckle up and get ready for next week.
Except it’s not an excuse when it’s a fact they missed the first 2 weeks of 2-a days they were the only team to have that happen lol If you don’t think that puts them behind the 8-ball in conditioning then you never went through a summer of high school football 2-a days.
Now the game I was surprised how well the line played but penalties and a turnover cost the falcons which is what happens in games like this but the young players on minford grew up last night. Good luck Pirates and on to west for Minford

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2020 Wheelersburg 42 - 28 Minford

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Thanks to my friend Bill for updating me on this one.
He said the QB for Minford was stout.
Congrats on another win.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:59 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:32 am

Cheers!
Except it’s not an excuse when it’s a fact they missed the first 2 weeks of 2-a days they were the only team to have that happen lol If you don’t think that puts them behind the 8-ball in conditioning then you never went through a summer of high school football 2-a days.
Now the game I was surprised how well the line played but penalties and a turnover cost the falcons which is what happens in games like this but the young players on minford grew up last night. Good luck Pirates and on to west for Minford
Once again they weren't the only ones to deal with a 2 week shutdown. So by your own admission saying it's a fact, you're saying the main reason burg won was because of Minford break? I believe, Athens, northwest, Notre dame, symmes valley, ironton, Portsmouth, Portsmouth West, all of these teams and I know I'm missing more were shutdown for 2 weeks.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:00 am I want to apologize to you sir. After reading your entire post about Burg's DB's last year, it made sense what you said about Minford throwing the ball as much as they did last night. I have removed my thread and apologize once again.
I appreciate it, but there’s no need for all that . I just took it as pregame banter and jawing at each other during the game. That’s all part of the fun of this site. Now that it’s over, we’ll move onto the next. Good luck to ya!

vladimir
S

Re: 2020 Wheelersburg 42 - 28 Minford

Post by vladimir »

Minford’s Cain Madden #62 is on ESPN starting at Right OG for Marshall vs. EKU at 1pm.

Treeh0rn
Waterboy

Post by Treeh0rn »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:46 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:42 pm
It's been talked about throughout THIS thread as a potential issue. Do you lick windows?

Not an excuse. And I have no association to Minford. They certainly had their chances. Burg is world's away from where they have been the last few years.
Absolutely was an excuse, you said obviously missing 2 weeks has caught up with them. That is an excuse.
It did affect Minford in week 1. They were up 20 to zip in the first half. The game ended 26-25. Pirates had 4 weeks in pads before 1st game versus 2 weeks for Minford. The other schools covid break happened during non-mandatory conditioning and weights. Nothing you can do at home can replicate the value of two weeks of team practice in pads.

Return to “Football”