2020 Eastern Meigs 7 - 10 Trimble

rickoshay
SEOP

Re: Week 2: TVC Champs travel to Eastern

Post by rickoshay »

HockingportHooker wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:17 pm
thetitanic wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:35 pm Score predictions?
The Glouster Glow will shine through in this one.

Unless Eastern magically got in shape in 6 days it won’t even be close. The way Caldwell pretty much outran them no way they can keep up with Trimble. Eagles got beat way worse than the score from last week entails.

Trimble 50+
Eastern 7
Great pickin,You almost nailed the final. But a good first post and enjoy the seo sports :lol:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I listened to this game on 92.1 and Eastern gave the Tomcats all that they wanted and then some. Hard fought game, the Eagles played very hard and with pride, nothing to hang their heads about. Big win for the Tomcats, they were fortunate to walk away with the win. Eastern had a great game plan and was ready this week. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Steely Dan wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:21 pm I listened to this game on 92.1 and Eastern gave the Tomcats all that they wanted and then some. Hard fought game, the Eagles played very hard and with pride, nothing to hang their heads about. Big win for the Tomcats, they were fortunate to walk away with the win. Eastern had a great game plan and was ready this week. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.
For sure wasn't what i thought would happen but Easter is tuff

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Steely Dan wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:21 pm I listened to this game on 92.1 and Eastern gave the Tomcats all that they wanted and then some. Hard fought game, the Eagles played very hard and with pride, nothing to hang their heads about. Big win for the Tomcats, they were fortunate to walk away with the win. Eastern had a great game plan and was ready this week. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.
Unrelated, but have to think Caldwell (beat Eastern last week) is decent this year and maybe a year away from doing well in the postseason.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:35 pm
Unrelated, but have to think Caldwell (beat Eastern last week) is decent this year and maybe a year away from doing well in the postseason.
I still dont know how good Trimble is they beat Ny which seams down and Eastern lost last week so no clue lol. What did Caldwell do tonight

meigs_62_189
Freshman Team

Re: 2020 Eastern Meigs 7 - 10 Trimble

Post by meigs_62_189 »

I doubt that Caldwell is all that good next year, they have 11 seniors and only one junior. #78 for Caldwell is the real deal and wrecked havoc on Eastern once Will went out.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

dilligaf wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:01 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:35 pm
I still dont know how good Trimble is they beat Ny which seams down and Eastern lost last week so no clue lol. What did Caldwell do tonight
I guess Caldwell lost 14-6 to Shenandoah tonight. So, who knows? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Their QB is good, Caldwell’s.

Enforcer
Freshman Team

Post by Enforcer »

first time in my life ive ever seen a guy kicked of the chain gang! and the reftonite, WOW

Enforcer
Freshman Team

Post by Enforcer »

Can I file a missing persons report on all the Eastern fans who said they would crush us and we wouldnt score, i hear nothing but crickets now LOL

Carzycurt
Freshman Team

Post by Carzycurt »

Enforcer wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:38 pm Can I file a missing persons report on all the Eastern fans who said they would crush us and we wouldnt score, i hear nothing but crickets now LOL
Hate to burst your bubble but other than the scoreboard reading 10-7 they did beat you! They had several opportunities to score and fell short not by the defense but mistakes . Like holding calls (not blaming the officials ) and a ball dropped right through a receivers hands, not kicking a field goal at halftime! Of course I’m assuming they don’t have a kicker but they made the extra point?? Just to sum it up yes this was one that Trimble got physically beat and couldn’t keep up with the speed just went up against a team that isn’t mentally tough. Trimble will probably go 6-0 maybe 5-1 but they will not get past round 2 in the post season.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Carzycurt wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:59 pm
Enforcer wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:38 pm Can I file a missing persons report on all the Eastern fans who said they would crush us and we wouldnt score, i hear nothing but crickets now LOL
Hate to burst your bubble but other than the scoreboard reading 10-7 they did beat you! They had several opportunities to score and fell short not by the defense but mistakes . Like holding calls (not blaming the officials ) and a ball dropped right through a receivers hands, not kicking a field goal at halftime! Of course I’m assuming they don’t have a kicker but they made the extra point?? Just to sum it up yes this was one that Trimble got physically beat and couldn’t keep up with the speed just went up against a team that isn’t mentally tough. Trimble will probably go 6-0 maybe 5-1 but they will not get past round 2 in the post season.
Well if you think you really earned it then prove it, play a second time after we are both done in the playoffs. Do it at a neutral site. I heard Peden Stadium isnt too busy right now. It would allow more fans in and the two schools could split the gate.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Round TWO! Eastern v Trimble

Post by Baldeagle »

Someone at Eastern get Pam on the phone to Phil and hash out a deal to play a second time after the playoffs. Hold the game at Peden Stadium. At 15% capacity thats a crowd of 4,500. Five bucks a pop from people starved for sports lets the teams split $22,500. Its a win win. Especially when the Eagles pound that azz the second time.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Re: Round TWO! Eastern v Trimble

Post by Baldeagle »

51 views and no one else thinks this is a good idea. Come on! Schools need to make money somehow. This seems obvious. Maybe OU could do a series of games like this to help out local athletic departments.

Long knocker
Waterboy

Post by Long knocker »

Trimble went to Easterns home, beat them with only a few starters returning and a majority of the offense and defense making their second start ever. So u want Trimble to gain 6-8 more games experience then play them again on a neutral field. Seems smart 🤦‍♂️

Thatdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Thatdad »

It wasn’t a good game to watch. It was hard enough to see the first time, nobody wants to see that again.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Baldeagle wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:55 pm Someone at Eastern get Pam on the phone to Phil and hash out a deal to play a second time after the playoffs. Hold the game at Peden Stadium. At 15% capacity thats a crowd of 4,500. Five bucks a pop from people starved for sports lets the teams split $22,500. Its a win win. Especially when the Eagles pound that azz the second time.
“Pound that azz the second time” :?: The scoreboard didn’t reflect your statement pal, and at the end of the night, that’s all that matters. A lot of smack talk from a team that’s 0-2 right now :lol:

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Also, there is a 1,500 cap on attendance no matter the stadium size.
Last edited by teach1coach2 on Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Trimble with a jv team came to Eastern and beat one of there best teams ever got to love that lol

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Man that loss must have hurt bad trying to play again after the season lmao

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Carzycurt wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:59 pm
Eastern just got beat by a Trimble team that is playing several underclassmen. The offensive line alone has 2 sophomores and a freshman.

Its all in the hips

Return to “Football”