2020 Logan Elm 48 - 21 Logan

512Buckeye
Waterboy

Re: WK5 Logan Elm - Logan

Post by 512Buckeye »

Is this the most embarrassing loss in recent memory??

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

41/7 half time

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Wow and Logan Elm is pretty bad

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

Definitely dont want any part of mid state league. Cant even beat the bad teams

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Ny92 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:38 pm Definitely dont want any part of mid state league. Cant even beat the bad teams
I 100% endorse this.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Can we get in with Fairfield Christian?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:56 pm Can we get in with Fairfield Christian?
Sure. I don’t care if Logan puts it to us on the field. They bring fans, and fans who pay. (Do think there have been a couple years recently where we would’ve played Logan decently tight.)

It would give Logan an opportunity to play on the new and improved Fulton Field :mrgreen:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Bring back Paladin as a coach
#MakeLoganGreatAgain

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Maybe FU and Logan can play in weeks 8-10.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:31 pm Wow and Logan Elm is pretty bad
Logan Elm has a couple of openings at the end of the season. Love to show Athens how bad the Braves are. :lol: :lol:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Just saying , I told you the coach was unimpressive when they hired him. The only question remaining is how long they allow the bleeding to continue.

Have gun, will travel
superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Have to agree with paladin. There were underlying reasons why he left gallia accedemy... Most fans were glad to see him and his wife leave....

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Paladin wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:41 am Just saying , I told you the coach was unimpressive when they hired him. The only question remaining is how long they allow the bleeding to continue.
How many coaches has Logan been through since Amyx retired? Maybe, there has been a drop-off in talent?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

bman wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:16 pm
Paladin wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:41 am Just saying , I told you the coach was unimpressive when they hired him. The only question remaining is how long they allow the bleeding to continue.
How many coaches has Logan been through since Amyx retired? Maybe, there has been a drop-off in talent?

It did help to have the Conrad’s on the team.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

The problem here is perspective. Conrad’s were good and Logan had great teams. But without great teams, Logan still had GOOD teams. Maybe not great, but good. They hired a very average coach who had nothing special on his resume’. The teams have not been good for a while. There is talent in Logan. And when it’s available, it isn’t always used to its advantage. Amyx didn’t always get fancy when he had no talent. They went back to old time FB and rammed it down your throat. Spread Os are o.k. With talent. Same with the D.

Evaluation starts with the evaluators. Did you make a mistake ? If so, correct it.

Hell, Logan isn’t even competitive with lesser programs. Tell me I’m wrong.

Have gun, will travel
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Paladin is right. I've watch all of the videos LL posted on YouTube. 1 things was clear. Amyx didn't push any fancy trick plays or do anything that was outside the abilities of his teams or anything like that. It was I'm going to keep kicking in your front door until there is no door left. Kinda like the Jackson teams of today. Run, Run, Run, Run, pass, Run Run, pass.

AT THE RESERVATION
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

1987chieftains wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:49 pm Paladin is right. I've watch all of the videos LL posted on YouTube. 1 things was clear. Amyx didn't push any fancy trick plays or do anything that was outside the abilities of his teams or anything like that. It was I'm going to keep kicking in your front door until there is no door left. Kinda like the Jackson teams of today. Run, Run, Run, Run, pass, Run Run, pass.
Jackson has several kids on its roster who will go onto play D1, FCS or D2 football. Logan?

As for Paladin, Logan is on its third coach post-Amyx and it's always the same excuse.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

bman wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:37 pm
Jackson has several kids on its roster who will go onto play D1, FCS or D2 football. Logan?
FWIW -

Logan has had more kids play at that level in the last decade than they did the decade before when they couldn't stop winning.

But while the top end talent has been as strong or stronger, the depth of talent is obviously not there. And depth matters in football.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

This was probably the most among the most shockingly bad performance by a Logan football team in history.

When you consider the actual (lack of) talent gap, quality of opponent, etc. And the fact that Logan might have played it's best game of the season LAST week....

There really isn't a way to sugarcoat it. All the off the field distractions last week considered, it wasn't good enough.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Again, perspective. Since Amyx, they had Wolfe, Burke and now Eddy. Wolfe, who had little talent, they pulled the plug too early on. An outstanding player at Logan, he was a capable Amyx assistant who got promoted. With an empty cupboard, he got run out too quick. Burke, in m mind , was vastly overrated. A star at Lancaster and former college player, he badly mismanaged the program being kept too long while living off his Lancaster/college background. His demise was way over due. Enter Eddy, a coach with no real resume and not much of a record to show , he is on a downhill roll. Chiefs not only aren’t competitive with their peers, they aren’t even competitive with lesser programs. Forget the talent debate. How good have the coach hires been ? Just because you hire someone doesn’t make it right or correct if you made poor choices.

Logan has athletes. They don’t have To go 10-0 but you should expect .500 or better with decent coaching and they are nowhere near that.

Tell me I’m wrong.

Have gun, will travel

Return to “Football”