Football Playoff Seeding

25p7692
Waterboy

Football Playoff Seeding

Post by 25p7692 »

When do the coaches votes have to be by?
Last edited by 25p7692 on Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: Football Playoff Seating

Post by SciotoCfootball »

25p7692 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:08 pm When do the coaches votes have to be by?
Today.. results should be released tomorrow

RothGGProducer
Riding the Bench

Post by RothGGProducer »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:31 pm
25p7692 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:08 pm When do the coaches votes have to be by?
Today.. results should be released tomorrow
According to the high school writer from Cleveland.com the coaches can vote on Tuesday or Wednesday, I would assume Thursday is when the brackets will be released.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Are they even allowing more seating for the fans?

That would be great if they did. I'm surprised that the OHSAA hasn't come up with a plan to allow more seating in the playoffs.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I’m told results will be available Thursday...

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

Link to the brackets and dates without the names for each region

Link
https://www.ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournament ... s-Coverage

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:16 pm Are they even allowing more seating for the fans?

That would be great if they did. I'm surprised that the OHSAA hasn't come up with a plan to allow more seating in the playoffs.
That would be the governors call.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Thursday at 2pm

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:16 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:16 pm Are they even allowing more seating for the fans?

I'm confused reading some of these post. I thought this was about seating at playoff games

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:09 am

I'm confused reading some of these post. I thought this was about seating at playoff games
I think the thread title meant to say “Football Playoff Seeding”. Lol

RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:12 am

It would be a good thread though. With the OHSAA taking all of the profits for the playoffs, I'd be surprised they don't come up with a way to get more fans in the seats.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:34 am

It would be a good thread though. With the OHSAA taking all of the profits for the playoffs, I'd be surprised they don't come up with a way to get more fans in the seats.
I’m sure they have been talking with the governor’s office about expanding spectator capacity since that is lost revenue for them.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:41 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:34 am

I’m sure they have been talking with the governor’s office about expanding spectator capacity since that is lost revenue for them.
Please open it up. If masks work just make sure everyone is wearing masks. Game at Minford they checked everyone’s temp on entry.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

There definitely should be more people allowed at the playoff games. Most games I have been to this year I thought could have had many more people allowed in. I’m not saying let it go to max capacity and have everyone shoulder to shoulder, but closer to 50% I think could be doable along with other requirements in place such as masks, temp checks, etc. Would like to also see any extra tickets that are not getting used by a participant or coach be sold to the public. I’m sure every Friday night there are tickets going to waste because some participants do not have anyone come watch. I know it is only supposed to be “family and close friends” allowed in, but makes no sense why if there are extra tickets they can’t be sold at the gate as long as they do not exceed the max limit allowed.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

The thing about people wearing mask is the problem. I have been to 3 Burg games and the first game a lot of people just blatantly weren't wearing them. Nothing was said to anyone. 2nd game was a little better and saw maybe a few that didn't have them on. 3rd game was crazy how many people weren't wearing mask. Nothing was said to them again. I don't know if the incident in Logan has the powers in charge afraid to say anything, but bottom line it is there butts if a health official is there, which I had heard has already happened once and they got dinged for not being compliant.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:02 pm The thing about people wearing mask is the problem. I have been to 3 Burg games and the first game a lot of people just blatantly weren't wearing them. Nothing was said to anyone. 2nd game was a little better and saw maybe a few that didn't have them on. 3rd game was crazy how many people weren't wearing mask. Nothing was said to them again. I don't know if the incident in Logan has the powers in charge afraid to say anything, but bottom line it is there butts if a health official is there, which I had heard has already happened once and they got dinged for not being compliant.
If a school is too tepid to enforce the rules because of what happened at Logan, then they should withdraw from OHSAA competition for the fall sports season.

People misunderstand and don’t look at the entire picture of the Logan incident. The other school’s athletic department came out and supported Logan’s decision to ask the attendee to put her mask back on or leave. This cooperation and rigid adherence to the rules is what every school needs to be on board with to ensure the season is played to a finish. Rules are rules; they can’t be picked piecemeal as to which a school chooses to follow and which they ignore.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Pretty well said!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:14 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:02 pm The thing about people wearing mask is the problem. I have been to 3 Burg games and the first game a lot of people just blatantly weren't wearing them. Nothing was said to anyone. 2nd game was a little better and saw maybe a few that didn't have them on. 3rd game was crazy how many people weren't wearing mask. Nothing was said to them again. I don't know if the incident in Logan has the powers in charge afraid to say anything, but bottom line it is there butts if a health official is there, which I had heard has already happened once and they got dinged for not being compliant.
If a school is too tepid to enforce the rules because of what happened at Logan, then they should withdraw from OHSAA competition for the fall sports season.

People misunderstand and don’t look at the entire picture of the Logan incident. The other school’s athletic department came out and supported Logan’s decision to ask the attendee to put her mask back on or leave. This cooperation and rigid adherence to the rules is what every school needs to be on board with to ensure the season is played to a finish. Rules are rules; they can’t be picked piecemeal as to which a school chooses to follow and which they ignore.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. One of The rules that was set forth was that mask have to be worn for the duration of the game. If you feel you can't do that then don't come. I'm hearing stories of some schools getting fined by health officials because fans can't comply with the rules set by the OHSAA, not the schools in order for these kids to play. Fines should not be happening. If your excuse is a medical reason for not wearing a mask then truthfully why are you out amongst a crowd of people during all of this or at least go and get an excuse from your doctor stating why you can't wear one.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:46 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:14 pm

I agree with you wholeheartedly. One of The rules that was set forth was that mask have to be worn for the duration of the game. If you feel you can't do that then don't come. I'm hearing stories of some schools getting fined by health officials because fans can't comply with the rules set by the OHSAA, not the schools in order for these kids to play. Fines should not be happening. If your excuse is a medical reason for not wearing a mask then truthfully why are you out amongst a crowd of people during all of this or at least go and get an excuse from your doctor stating why you can't wear one.
Yeah. I'm not a big fan of the fines myself. I understand the idea behind why there are fines (accountability), but it's a misguided approach and isn't conducive to the monitoring I think the general public expects to see. I would rather see OHSAA (or the Governor) do a publicized week-in-review of the observers' findings that lay out what counties were doing well with the protocols and who were not. It probably wouldn't be necessary to call the host schools out by name, but I would like to think as a taxpayer I'm afforded the right to know if there are three schools in my county that said "to hell with the rules" and let people walk around without masks while breaking the social distancing guidelines on their premises.

Just my opinion, but I think it's unlikely we'll see the attendance limits raised and approved by the Ohio Department of Health unless it's 25%. Increasing it from 15 to 50% is more than three times the attendance currently allowed. If the capacity percentage is raised that much, then either the hard cap of 1500 spectators has to be raised accordingly or it has to stay hard cap of 1500 for everyone even if 50% of n (capacity) exceeds 1500. And given that many schools have been able to have variances approved to help raise their permitted # of spectators allowed in, I just don't see a dramatic surge of attendance being allowed in the difference of one week.

Return to “Football”