2020 Valley 15 - 14 Minford

Football101
Waterboy

Re: 2020 Valley 15 - 14 Minford

Post by Football101 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:49 pm
MClaw wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:29 am The problem with Minford is a lot of good athletes don't want to play football, due to the coaching. It's a total s@#* show and everyone knows it. Unless something drastic happens don't look for things to change anytime soon. Currently there are maybe 12 8th graders, 11 7th graders, and 6 6th graders playing football. Coaching staff doesn't plan for anything other than the current season. No "program." Rant over.
Minford burns their kids out before they hit high school and that's one of the reasons they stop playing or the top out. They have a youth program that is so worried about winning they hit non-stop, play way to many games and thump their chest when they do well like they've accomplished something. I mean I've spoke with parents talking about how great they are but somehow it has never translated. During that time all they're doing is promoting certain players and letting others fall by the waste side By the time JR High rolls around the numbers start to dwindle and those kids still look good but there isn't enough of them once high school rolls around teams have caught up to them and passed them by. Build a program from the ground up, everyone hates the example but Burg is a prime example, they don't have tackle football until 5th and still then it's kept in house and everything they run at that age group is what the kids will run throughout the entire program.
You do realize that the high school kids are “Daniels program” right?? This team is part of the inner league program. Also the same Burg team that won the state championship played as a travel team called the outlaws.. So please know your facts before you try to bash a pee wee program you obviously know nothing about!

Football101
Waterboy

Post by Football101 »

vladimir wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:27 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:24 pm
vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:20 pm

Daniels installed a 4-team inter-squad pee-wee system and every kid got to play and learn the game. He was there along with varsity players helping to help coach the pee-wee coaches and installed the same offense and defense the HS ran. Now that he's gone, it went back to the 1-team playing for the Scioto Co Superbowl, and I bet Ruby isn't there on Saturday mornings nor the varsity players helping out when they can. Those years it was a 4-team intrasquad, that's when Minford was a tough as nails, having 70-kids come out for the HS team. We talked about this 20-yrs ago and thought we had it fixed, I guess not. This Sr. class went undefeated in all of their Jr high years, and now last place in the SOCII.

The 1-team format in pee-wee is a horrific model b/c way too many kids that are late bloomers, they get cut and then gain interest in soccer or focusing primarily on other sports later in the year. I thought Minford had that dumpster fire in the younger grades extinguished, but I guess not. The best thing that can happen for Minford is for Daniels to come outta retirement and get things back to the ways he had them running in the late 2000s. Minford can only hope.
Well said.
I edited a bit there, but you get the point.

Greygoose: When you've seen these kids play to a much higher level, it's frustrating to watch.
You do realize that the high school kids are “Daniels program” right?? This team is part of the inner league program. Also the same Burg team that won the state championship played as a travel team called the outlaws.. So please know your facts before you try to bash a pee wee program you obviously know nothing about!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Football101 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:42 pm
MClaw wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:29 am The problem with Minford is a lot of good athletes don't want to play football, due to the coaching. It's a total s@#* show and everyone knows it. Unless something drastic happens don't look for things to change anytime soon. Currently there are maybe 12 8th graders, 11 7th graders, and 6 6th graders playing football. Coaching staff doesn't plan for anything other than the current season. No "program." Rant over.
Minford burns their kids out before they hit high school and that's one of the reasons they stop playing or the top out. They have a youth program that is so worried about winning they hit non-stop, play way to many games and thump their chest when they do well like they've accomplished something. I mean I've spoke with parents talking about how great they are but somehow it has never translated. During that time all they're doing is promoting certain players and letting others fall by the waste side By the time JR High rolls around the numbers start to dwindle and those kids still look good but there isn't enough of them once high school rolls around teams have caught up to them and passed them by. Build a program from the ground up, everyone hates the example but Burg is a prime example, they don't have tackle football until 5th and still then it's kept in house and everything they run at that age group is what the kids will run throughout the entire program.
Do you realize that Daniels ran and installed the wing t offense and that was changed to a spread after he left?
So you might want to get your facts straight first.

Football101
Waterboy

Post by Football101 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:47 pm

Do you realize that Daniels ran and installed the wing t offense and that was changed to a spread after he left?
And your point is??? Lol

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Football101 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:53 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:47 pm
And your point is??? Lol
That the current high school program isnt what Daniels put into place, although you mindlessly claimed it is. Wake up.

joeshmo
Waterboy

Post by joeshmo »

I thought Daniels is still at minford helping Ruby?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I know the facts way more than you'd have any idea on, never bashed a pee wee program. I said the Minford program has their priorities wrong, they're so focused on winning at a young age they lose players and knowledge as they get older. Their program is not ran to mesh with from top to bottom, the facts are there you just refuse to acknowledge. These kids have won in pee wee and junior high, so what's the problem in high school then??? It's yet to pan out with Ruby, so tell me how they've taken kids who have won all the way throughout and lose come high school?? Proof is in the numbers 2-4 This year bottom of SOC play, better team last year finished what 4th?

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

SockerBopper wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:11 pm

Daniels installed a 4-team inter-squad pee-wee system ad every kid got to play and learn the game. He was there along with varsity players helping to help coach the pee-wee coach and install the same offense and defense the HS ran. Now that he's gone, it went back to the 1-team playing for the Scioto Co Superbowl and I bet Ruby is there on Saturday mornings nor the varsity players helping out when they can. Those years it was a 4-team intrasquad, that when Minford was a tough as nails and having 70-kids come out. We talked about this 20-yrs ago and thought we had it fixed, I guess not.

The 1-team format is a horrific model b/c way too many kids that are late bloomers and the get cut and then gain interest in soccer or focusing primarily on other sports later in the year. I thought Minford had that dumpster fire in the younger grades extinguished, but I guess not. That's thanks to many parents with too big of egos and Ruby let it go on and wanting their 12-yr to run a spread offense instead of just focusing on fundamentals and learning the game. The best thing that can happen for Minford is for Daniels to come outta retirement and get things back to the ways he had them running in the late 2000s.
Daniels is just another piece of that inner circle.
You Can`t please everyone ! (Look at his record)

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

vladimir wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:23 pm
SockerBopper wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:11 pm

Daniels installed a 4-team inter-squad pee-wee system and every kid got to play and learn the game. He was there along with varsity players to help coach the pee-wee coaches and instaledl the same offense and defense the HS ran. Now that he's gone, it went back to the 1-team playing for the Scioto Co Superbowl and I bet Ruby isn't there on Saturday mornings nor the varsity players helping out when they can. Those years it was a 4-team intrasquad, that is when Minford was a tough as nails and having 70-kids come out. We talked about this 20-yrs ago and thought we had it fixed, I guess not.

The 1-team format is a horrific model b/c way too many kids that are late bloomers get cut and then gain interest in soccer or focusing primarily on other sports later in the year. I thought Minford had that dumpster fire in the younger grades extinguished, but I guess not. That's thanks to many parents with too big of egos and Ruby let it go on and wanting their 12-yr to run a spread offense instead of just focusing on fundamentals and learning the game. The best thing that can happen for Minford is for Daniels to come outta retirement and get things back to the ways he had them running in the late 2000s.

Daniels is just another piece of that inner circle.
What makes you say that?
You can`t please everyone ! (I believe his record speaks for itself!)

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

joeshmo wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:01 pm I thought Daniels is still at minford helping Ruby?
He is Helping Coach Ruby, BUT he does what Ruby tells him, He makes suggestions, remember....he`s not the head coach, Ruby makes the decisions !

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

you are correct about the outlaws BUT they also played in the 4 team burg league as well as all the other kids from burg. this is why Burg has they depth they have. 4 qbs 16 rbs 16 recievers 4-8 TE 20 lineman..... although i will say more "daddies" have rooted their way in to burgs lower levels and it is beginning to drive kids out... I hope this is not a trend

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Football101 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:47 pm
vladimir wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:27 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:24 pm

Well said.
I edited a bit there, but you get the point.

Greygoose: When you've seen these kids play to a much higher level, it's frustrating to watch.
So what is the problem then?

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Post by Voice of Reason »

Is there a possibility outside of Lewis and Risner that Daniels had better players? I mean just as recent as last year Minford pushed Burg to the limit and played well against them again this year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:19 pm

I know the facts way more than you'd have any idea on, never bashed a pee wee program. I said the Minford program has their priorities wrong, they're so focused on winning at a young age they lose players and knowledge as they get older. Their program is not ran to mesh with from top to bottom, the facts are there you just refuse to acknowledge. These kids have won in pee wee and junior high, so what's the problem in high school then??? It's yet to pan out with Ruby, so tell me how they've taken kids who have won all the way throughout and lose come high school?? Proof is in the numbers 2-4 This year bottom of SOC play, better team last year finished what 4th?
Dont take someone seriously when they just joined yesterday. They probably joined to start crap on here and nothing else

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Blitz wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:56 am you are correct about the outlaws BUT they also played in the 4 team burg league as well as all the other kids from burg. this is why Burg has they depth they have. 4 qbs 16 rbs 16 recievers 4-8 TE 20 lineman..... although i will say more "daddies" have rooted their way in to burgs lower levels and it is beginning to drive kids out... I hope this is not a trend
The theory you're defending is in my belief 100% correct. In house peewee with numbers is without a doubt the way to go.

But to be clear, Wheelersburg isn't doing anything magical, they are benefitting greatly from movins at different levels upping the talent level and depth. Some came in grade school, some in middle school, and now Gregg in High School. And say what you want, they didn't come for education, they came to play sports.

Williams, Sanderlin, Ratliff (who didn't play this year) Gregg, Latimore, Latimore, and Masters who transferred to Ironton are examples. Except for Swords and Miller, those are probably the best players on the team. In fact I've heard more than one person laugh that when Wheelersburg subs at the end of games in all levels that those are actually the kids who live in Wheelersburg, and to an extent it's true.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:50 am
Blitz wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:56 am you are correct about the outlaws BUT they also played in the 4 team burg league as well as all the other kids from burg. this is why Burg has they depth they have. 4 qbs 16 rbs 16 recievers 4-8 TE 20 lineman..... although i will say more "daddies" have rooted their way in to burgs lower levels and it is beginning to drive kids out... I hope this is not a trend
The theory you're defending is in my belief 100% correct. In house peewee with numbers is without a doubt the way to go.

But to be clear, Wheelersburg isn't doing anything magical, they are benefitting greatly from movins at different levels upping the talent level and depth. Some came in grade school, some in middle school, and now Gregg in High School. And say what you want, they didn't come for education, they came to play sports.

Williams, Sanderlin, Ratliff (who didn't play this year) Gregg, Latimore, Latimore, and Masters who transferred to Ironton are examples. Except for Swords and Miller, those are probably the best players on the team. In fact I've heard more than one person laugh that when Wheelersburg subs at the end of games in all levels that those are actually the kids who live in Wheelersburg, and to an extent it's true.
100% correct! Great post. Programs like W'burg and Ironton do benefit yearly from move-ins and transfers. If every team had 4 or 5 kids that can be immediately plugged into a system and excel, then why wouldn't they be good? Minford doesn't have that luxury, so they must start building numbers at the lower levels and it starts with an inhouse pee-wee league, so that you'll get kids interested and keep them interested in playing football.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:50 am

I agree 100% nothing magical at all. I am one of the very few who admit the huge impact movins have at Burg. I also agree with the boys you named except the Lattimores they were here in kindergarten left to Dayton and came back here. agree on the rest. The one thing Burg has that no other county team has is the commitment level at Burg.. both by parents and players.... Go by any of our facilities and year round they are packed with kids out working everyone else. You have to or you wont play due to the reasons stated above. The time commitment at Burg is ridiculous at times

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Burg loses as many as they get also. The 2019 senior class lost 10 boys in 4 years. I agree with the post above as well, there is always a kid at any given burg facility at any given time getting work in. Nothing magical, just an uncommon amount of commitment by the kids and community, continuity and stability.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

packers80 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:12 pm Burg loses as many as they get also. The 2019 senior class lost 10 boys in 4 years. I agree with the post above as well, there is always a kid at any given burg facility at any given time getting work in. Nothing magical, just an uncommon amount of commitment by the kids and community, continuity and stability.
You nailed it with the community. You look at the consistent programs across the state. They all have one common goal: for the program to be better. Marion Local, Coldwater, etc., have great communal support and culture. They don’t worry about the wins and losses. They worry more about doing the small things correct. Those two programs are exceptional, though. Another factor for the area is that a lot of kids aren’t being raised in a two parent home, then you factor in socioeconomic factors and drugs. In order to have a good program that’s consistent, it takes the entire community. Athletes come and go but the consistency does not. What separates Burg and Ironton from most of the programs in the area is the community supporting the team for a common goal. This is exactly why Wheelersburg has not had less than a .500 record in the regular season since 1964.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Coldwater and the rest of Mercer Co., also do not have pee-wee or Pop Warner Football. Jr. High is when they start playing football.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian

Return to “Football”