RD 2: Monroe Central (4-3)@ Trimble (6-0)

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: RD 2: Monroe Central (4-3)@ Trimble (6-0)

Post by formerfcfan »

The big question re: MC and COVID is whether the recommendations they are following a) come from the Monroe County Health Department, and if indeed b) if these recommendations are specific to MCHS or if River HS also is implementing the same measures.

GhostOfHomer
Freshman Team

Post by GhostOfHomer »

MC kids held their own homecoming dance not affiliated with the school. Irresponsible, selfish parents & students in Woodsfield.

GoBucks1980
Waterboy

Post by GoBucks1980 »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:12 pm
GoBucks1980 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:51 pm
ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:41 pm

Yea, you keep talking about "next year." My guess is in case Thimble loses early. And yes, we've heard many times "the inexperienced cats have grown up" and improved while apparently no other team has. Hail marry's are what the QB throws the whole game. Falling backwards and throw it as far as you can. Hey, it's worked since Jr high so why change now, right? :lol:
Simply referring to the fact that THIS was your year to beat the cats, and you didn't, lol. I can't imagine Eastern improving much, as they are essentially fielding the same team for the 20th consecutive game lol. We'll see how much the cats QB has improved, he will have to play better to win a few playoff games that's for sure- just remember that week 2 was only his second career start, and still led his team to a win @ Eastern against a team that was playing with 18/22 returning starters. I guess that's the difference between the Tomcats and the Eagles, Trimble finds a way to win games while Eastern would rather talk about the what-ifs :). Trust me, it's better being on the winning side than the what-if side, unfortunately- this was your year to change sides and you didn't :(.
You must think a lot of yourself to make the statement, "this was your year..." Didn't know you got to decide that for other teams. :o
That’s all you have to say? Lol it was common sense, and sort of a compliment. Had a solid, playoff team in 2019 and brought back everybody? Then yes this should have been your year, but unfortunately you missed out on the opportunity.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

icanpickem wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:18 pm MC is playing volleyball tomorrowt like this :
Then surely they will let the football team travel to Glouster if the football team wasn’t affected. Hope we get to play Friday.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Tomcats take care of business at home.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

GhostOfHomer wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:47 pm MC kids held their own homecoming dance not affiliated with the school. Irresponsible, selfish parents & students in Woodsfield.
I’m as big on preventative measures as the next guy, but I can’t endorse the idea these folks are irresponsible if they’re trying to do something for the kids. Now if it involved a bunch of students from various schools getting together then yeah, it’s problematic.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

GhostOfHomer wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:47 pm MC kids held their own homecoming dance not affiliated with the school. Irresponsible, selfish parents & students in Woodsfield.
I've talked with a parent and I've talked with a teacher from Woodsfield tonight. The contact tracing revealed that this "selfish act" as you label it from your high horse had absolutely nothing to do with the two infected students, they weren't in attendance at the homecoming. Players had no contact with these students either, they have been out of school since last Thursday. As of tonight, game is a go for this week.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:44 pm
I’m as big on preventative measures as the next guy, but I can’t endorse the idea these folks are irresponsible if they’re trying to do something for the kids. Now if it involved a bunch of students from various schools getting together then yeah, it’s problematic.
Definitely agree with you on this one. To call them irresponsible and selfish when their age group isn’t even a concern for this “Election Infection.” This nonsense is just blown way out of proportion. If I were the parent of these students, I wouldn’t have a concern either. They are only going to be in high school once, especially being a senior, so why let this ruin such a memorable time in their lives? Like formerfcfan said, if they are all from the same school, they are around one another anyways and the kids that did test positive were quarantined, what’s the issue with going on about their daily lives?

Enforcer
Freshman Team

Post by Enforcer »

We will find ut tomorrow whats happening with the game

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Trimbles AD just posted about ticket info so I would say its still on

Its all in the hips
ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:22 pm
GoBucks1980 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:51 pm

Simply referring to the fact that THIS was your year to beat the cats, and you didn't, lol. I can't imagine Eastern improving much, as they are essentially fielding the same team for the 20th consecutive game lol. We'll see how much the cats QB has improved, he will have to play better to win a few playoff games that's for sure- just remember that week 2 was only his second career start, and still led his team to a win @ Eastern against a team that was playing with 18/22 returning starters. I guess that's the difference between the Tomcats and the Eagles, Trimble finds a way to win games while Eastern would rather talk about the what-ifs :). Trust me, it's better being on the winning side than the what-if side, unfortunately- this was your year to change sides and you didn't :(.
You must think a lot of yourself to make the statement, "this was your year..." Didn't know you got to decide that for other teams. :o
He means all you eagles fans saying “this is the Eagles year” just like last year was supposed to be your year. Lol. “We WILL win the Hocking blah blah blah” that’s all you heard at the beginning of the year. To be the man, you have to beat the man and well, Eastern just can’t seem to pull that off. And if you want to keep insulting our quarterbacks capabilities, maybe you shouldn’t give your kids popcorn before games and maybe they would be able to catch the ball and not drop a touchdown pass to win the game :lol: :lol: :lol:
GoBucks1980, it’s useless to argue with this clown. He responds with no facts and can only say we throw “Hail Marys” lol. He’s just mad his team couldn’t defend them or knock them down :lol:
I see I hit a nerve. So, you're saying back foot throws are what you teach then? Makes since. :lol:

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:00 pm

He means all you eagles fans saying “this is the Eagles year” just like last year was supposed to be your year. Lol. “We WILL win the Hocking blah blah blah” that’s all you heard at the beginning of the year. To be the man, you have to beat the man and well, Eastern just can’t seem to pull that off. And if you want to keep insulting our quarterbacks capabilities, maybe you shouldn’t give your kids popcorn before games and maybe they would be able to catch the ball and not drop a touchdown pass to win the game :lol: :lol: :lol:
GoBucks1980, it’s useless to argue with this clown. He responds with no facts and can only say we throw “Hail Marys” lol. He’s just mad his team couldn’t defend them or knock them down :lol:
I see I hit a nerve. So, you're saying back foot throws are what you teach then? Makes since. :lol:
Man I have never seen some one so butt hurt in my life I guess because you know you guys blew your only chance to beat Trimble in a while. So I guess I see why your so torn up but you have to let it go man and just except that Trimble out played you with a JV team lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enforcer
Freshman Team

Post by Enforcer »

So far game is still on

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

If I were you, I would be less concerned with how he throws and more concerned with the fact that you guys couldn’t defend it :lol:

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Any update if the games being played or not??

TGIF
Waterboy

Post by TGIF »

Game is on.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

dilligaf wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:48 pm

Man I have never seen some one so butt hurt in my life I guess because you know you guys blew your only chance to beat Trimble in a while. So I guess I see why your so torn up but you have to let it go man and just except that Trimble out played you with a JV team lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So, I hit a nerve with you too I see. Got you so angry you're referring to my butt. :lol:

"except." Wouldn't expect anything less from a Thimble. :lol:

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:47 pm

If I were you, I would be less concerned with how he throws and more concerned with the fact that you guys couldn’t defend it :lol:
Still angry and lashing out I see. WOW! I really did hit a nerve. I guess that's what we get from a mommy? :lol:

TCAT1000+
Waterboy

Post by TCAT1000+ »

We going to get any discussion on the game or just talk about a game that happened 8 weeks ago?

I heard they have a good qb, very good running back and decent lineman. How is their pass defense? I don't see them being able to match up with Trimble's receivers.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

TCAT1000+ wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:50 pm We going to get any discussion on the game or just talk about a game that happened 8 weeks ago?

I heard they have a good qb, very good running back and decent lineman. How is their pass defense? I don't see them being able to match up with Trimble's receivers.
Thimble receivers are the best we've seen collectively. They can all catch the ball, and go up after it well.

Return to “Football”