RD 3: Johnstown Monroe 0 Ironton 42

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: RD 3: Johnstown Monroe (6-2) @ Ironton (7-0)

Post by wobycat »

Johnstown is a perennial playoff team. Well coached. They will play the tigers well and play them smart, but I think talent wins out here. I’ll go 35-7

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

Ther fartin tigers blow the Johnholes away!!
My predictation
Arnton-91
Big Johnson’s -7

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

New Lex player tested positive. Does Ironton have to quarantine?

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:56 pm New Lex player tested positive. Does Ironton have to quarantine?
WOJ BOMB!!!

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:56 pm New Lex player tested positive. Does Ironton have to quarantine?
I hope not I don’t wish that upon anyone. It’s terribly sad and an injustice to the kids. Saw it happen with the teams from Tusc county.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

A player from New Lex did test positive I just don’t know when. I believe they canceled last 2 games.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

There really is no reason why Ironton should have to quarantine en masse if New Lexington can a) contact trace it through their program to see if he’s the only one b) establish if he played any meaningful minutes and if so c) let Ironton know ASAP so they can get their ducks in a row.

Hopefully a lot of headway is made on this already so that the Lawrence County Health Department has all of the information at-hand to make the best recommendation possible.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:30 pm
GoBigI wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:22 pm I’m hearing #2 Carter will be back and ready Saturday night providing another big weapon. #12 Masters situation may be a little more complicated. It would be really nice to have them both down the home stretch.
There was a post on another thread saying Wheelersburg was contesting Masters being eligible.

That is true,cleared to play by ohsaa. Grasping at straws.

RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:11 pm
There really is no reason why Ironton should have to quarantine en masse if New Lexington can a) contact trace it through their program to see if he’s the only one b) establish if he played any meaningful minutes and if so c) let Ironton know ASAP so they can get their ducks in a row.

Hopefully a lot of headway is made on this already so that the Lawrence County Health Department has all of the information at-hand to make the best recommendation possible.
I hope you are right. Different counties treat contact differently. For instance, Indian Valley in Tuscarawas County had to forfeit their playoff game this last week because a player on the team they played the week before tested positive. After reviewing the film, it was determined the most time an Indian Valley player was in close contact with the positive player was for a total of 40 seconds. That did not matter to the health dept they required ANY player that had ANY contact with the individual be quarantined leading to 16 players being quarantined therefore forcing IV's hand into forfeiting. Let's hope Lawrence County is a little more reasonable.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Taylormade wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:40 am
GoBigI wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:22 pm I’m hearing #2 Carter will be back and ready Saturday night providing another big weapon. #12 Masters situation may be a little more complicated. It would be really nice to have them both down the home stretch.
There was a post on another thread saying Wheelersburg was contesting Masters being eligible.

They seem to be losing their grip

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

Burg lost to Ironton again this year,hoping both continue to win to make it twice this year lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paulcrew wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:34 am
Taylormade wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:40 am

They seem to be losing their grip
If he is cleared, then there’s nothing to gripe about. However I will say this. I’m pretty sure, he shouldn’t be eligible but they have found a loophole and he’s playing.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Taylormade wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:37 am Burg lost to Ironton again this year,hoping both continue to win to make it twice this year lol
What do you mean lost?

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

Some lose on the field,some off lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RaceEagle wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:57 am

I hope you are right. Different counties treat contact differently. For instance, Indian Valley in Tuscarawas County had to forfeit their playoff game this last week because a player on the team they played the week before tested positive. After reviewing the film, it was determined the most time an Indian Valley player was in close contact with the positive player was for a total of 40 seconds. That did not matter to the health dept they required ANY player that had ANY contact with the individual be quarantined leading to 16 players being quarantined therefore forcing IV's hand into forfeiting. Let's hope Lawrence County is a little more reasonable.
Sorry but this is dumb. People can come into contact with covid unknowingly at the grocery store. There's no reason they should quarantine based on an opposing team player having it.

RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:17 am

Sorry but this is dumb. People can come into contact with covid unknowingly at the grocery store. There's no reason they should quarantine based on an opposing team player having it.
AGREE WITH YOU 100% Kids' seasons are getting shut down because of contact tracing.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

RaceEagle wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:30 am

AGREE WITH YOU 100% Kids' seasons are getting shut down because of contact tracing.
Its called CONTROL and has nothing to do with a virus that everyone is going to eventually get.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:42 am

Its called CONTROL and has nothing to do with a virus that everyone is going to eventually get.
I was watching the news the other Day and they said Flu cases were down 95% from this time last year, wonder why? I guess they just call it Covid this year.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ironton found a loophole you are amazing my friend.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:50 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:42 am
I was watching the news the other Day and they said Flu cases were down 95% from this time last year, wonder why? I guess they just call it Covid this year.
You mean you were watching biased propaganda that fits your world view? Also, what’s the value in “control”? I say this from an independent perspective. Also, is it possible that:
1. Flu strain severity varies from year to year? Yep
2. Precautions that mitigate spread of COVID also mitigate spread of the flu? Yep

The Southern Hemisphere, which is coming out of its winter as we go into our winter, had a mild flu season....as anticipated due to the precautions in place to prevent the spread of COVID. But hey.....too much logic there.

I’m hoping Ironton can keep going down the tracks to the state title game and this situation is just a minor hurdle that is resolved logically.

Return to “Football”