RD 3: Johnstown Monroe 0 Ironton 42

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Re: RD 3: Johnstown Monroe (6-2) @ Ironton (7-0)

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Blitz wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:31 am
SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:24 am
Blitz wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:20 am the transfer in question was voted off the team. he was not good for team moral. why would anyone in Burg not want him to play for Ironton. kid is a great athlete but too many issues follow him everywhere he goes. he is a drain on the team. Ironton is just now beginning to find this out. i have spoke to parents that have confirmed this... which is sad..... hopefully he can start fresh. would not surprise me one bit to find out it was a Ironton parent that turned him in... the parents i spoke with speculate this is the case as well
I think you're starting to hit the nail on the head. How many kids from both schools grow up dreaming to play at Wheelersburg in Basketball or Football, only to see their career there end as a lifetime backup because of movins? You can't tell me that there isn't bad blood at both schools.
I guarantee it. There are several parents at Burg that are very opposed to transfers. Even more that are not happy with all of the open enrollment numbers where out of district families avoid the high property taxes. Covid only highlighted this frustration with kids not going to school.
Transfers or not, both schools would still have successful seasons perennially with the talent that has grown up there, but as long as it was the kids own choice to want to move and not influenced per say by a coach from a team, I see no problem

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

I commend you Blitz. As a Wheelersburg poster you may be the only one from either school that doesn't have blinders on.

Fact of the matter they both cheat. Wheelersburg does their recruiting at the lower levels and Ironton just doesn't care, so they do it at any level. Wheelersburg was getting a hold on the area until the coaching changes at Ironton. They are just better recruiters and more brazen than Wheelersburg.

Then we have grown adults that praise what they do because they win. Not only do they help their program with an influx of talent, but they rob from the other programs from talent and moral. It is a flawed system

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:36 am Transfers or not, both schools would still have successful seasons perennially with the talent that has grown up there, but as long as it was the kids own choice to want to move and not influenced per say by a coach from a team, I see no problem
I guarantee it. But don't for a second believe that movins aren't changing the outcomes of these games. Take #2,#4, #6, #7, #18, #26 off of Wheelersburg and tell people with a straight face that things would be the same. Heck the kid they kicked off the team that went to Ironton was a movin.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:39 am I commend you Blitz. As a Wheelersburg poster you may be the only one from either school that doesn't have blinders on.

Fact of the matter they both cheat. Wheelersburg does their recruiting at the lower levels and Ironton just doesn't care, so they do it at any level. Wheelersburg was getting a hold on the area until the coaching changes at Ironton. They are just better recruiters and more brazen than Wheelersburg.

Then we have grown adults that praise what they do because they win. Not only do they help their program with an influx of talent, but they rob from the other programs from talent and moral. It is a flawed system
Listen I don’t have blinders on I told people that kids were moving in when the last coach was here and coach lutz people just didn’t care ironton had kids from other schools when the previous coach was here bc ironton was going 6-4 3-7 most of those years no one cared. But what I’m not going to do is get on here and act like I know why they moved or how they did it or whatever if they moved to a new school I’m going to assume they kid was doing it on his own and not being told to move by coaches. I know people in real life who already said they are moving their kids to ironton in junior high do you believe they were contacted by coaches or it’s a personal decision?

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Every team that gets to the final four in all divisions have “move ins”.Cant get there without them.Yes,even the MAC.So why all the complaining? :roll: :roll: :roll:

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:07 am Every team that gets to the final four in all divisions have “move ins”.Cant get there without them.Yes,even the MAC.So why all the complaining? :roll: :roll: :roll:
I feel like this all started because ironton beat wheelersburg last year lol’ every since that losS it’s all I have heard for two years now. Not knowing when they went on their winning streak they were playing against move ins

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:13 am
artisgilmore wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:07 am Every team that gets to the final four in all divisions have “move ins”.Cant get there without them.Yes,even the MAC.So why all the complaining? :roll: :roll: :roll:
I feel like this all started because ironton beat wheelersburg last year lol’ every since that losS it’s all I have heard for two years now. Not knowing when they went on their winning streak they were playing against move ins
From what I've seen MAC Competitive Balance Numbers are 0. They actually play with their kids

Absolutely Wheelersburg hates Ironton now. They have stole their thunder

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:32 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:13 am
From what I've seen MAC Competitive Balance Numbers are 0. They actually play with their kids

Absolutely Wheelersburg hates Ironton now. They have stole their thunder
Kind of sad really

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:44 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:36 am Transfers or not, both schools would still have successful seasons perennially with the talent that has grown up there, but as long as it was the kids own choice to want to move and not influenced per say by a coach from a team, I see no problem
I guarantee it. But don't for a second believe that movins aren't changing the outcomes of these games. Take #2,#4, #6, #7, #18, #26 off of Wheelersburg and tell people with a straight face that things would be the same. Heck the kid they kicked off the team that went to Ironton was a movin.
How could you consider 2, 18, and 26 move ins? 2 and 18 had went here as a child and moved back as woby had said and 26 has gone to the Burg for quite some time too..

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Anyways im taking ironton 38-14 over JM . If the game is close i wouldnt mind if ironton had to grind one out and the starters had to play 4 quarters for once

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:39 am
How could you consider 2, 18, and 26 move ins? 2 and 18 had went here as a child and moved back as woby had said and 26 has gone to the Burg for quite some time too..
Were 2/18 here last year? His favorite thing is to say ironton has 10 kids that were at different schools than last year if 2/18 were not there last year then thats 3 including the gregg kid. Nobody cared that #2 for ironton last year went here before

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:48 am

Were 2/18 here last year? His favorite thing is to say ironton has 10 kids that were at different schools than last year if 2/18 were not there last year then thats 3 including the gregg kid. Nobody cared that #2 for ironton last year went here before
Yes, yes they were...

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:50 am

Yes, yes they were...
So burg has the same CB as ironton why?

RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

Soooo... About this game? Im assuming Lawrence Co. used logic and did not force a ton of Ironton kids to quarantine? If so, that is nice to see. Still feel awful for the schools in other counties that have been forced to forfeit Playoff games due to contact tracing.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:52 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:50 am
Yes, yes they were...
So burg has the same CB as ironton why?
Who are you referring to?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

All the kids at both schools from out of the district?

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:01 am All the kids at both schools from out of the district?
No what do you mean by same CB at both schools?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Competitive balance

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

I don't think it's as much schools recruiting as much as it is kids and parents wanting to be part of a certain program. Ironton and Burg have both benefited from transfers from each school most notably Gage Salyers and Tanner Wilson. Both played keys roles in the success of the programs they joined. It is what it is and this is nothing new to our area. Growing up in the 80's kids would transfer from one school to the next just as they do now. The difference now we have social media for everyone to voice there opinions

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:05 am Competitive balance
My mistake, I misinterpreted that, but yes I'd say they have about the same competitive balance. Hence why I said that if all the move-ins from both schools weren't on the teams, both teams would still be successful.

Return to “Football”