Region 27

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Region 27

Post by EasternDspy »

OvGuy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:26 pm Calls go your way and go against you every single game for eternity as long as there is football being played. Blaming officials is a moronic and uneducated way at watching football. You have to chalk that up to oh well it happens. For as many calls that went against you one game well maybe game 2 of the regular season they went your way. At the end of the year officals aren’t to blame.

As for the idea of local officals siding with River is outright laughable. Seeing as many River games as I have the call bias if you want to call it that very rarely ends up in Rivers favor.

And call me crazy but I do recall the last time in recent history that Eastern was in Hannibal they took a 60-6 beating. If there was any home cooking there it must’ve been for the JVs

I agree.

SEOfootballFAN1
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOfootballFAN1 »

dnis30 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:19 pm
ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:18 pm
dnis30 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:14 pm

Used to winning? Who are you referring to that is "used to winning"?
dnis don't mind him too much. He's a troll with more than one username. He likes to troll threads and give out injury reports. My guess is he's a manager or towel boy at Thimble and he hears their coaches talking and then posts that stuff on here.
Lmao. Ok.
🤣🤣🤣 like digging at reedsville fan, although I do give them much credit for their win @ Caldwell and think they have a good chance to beat River this week. Hope they do. Trolling is fun, indeed.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

Superman wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:05 pm
SEOfootballFAN1 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:07 pm
dnis30 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:00 pm

Lol. Lol. Lol. They're assigned from the Football Administrator’s office. Lol. They're going to use somewhat local officials. Lol. Guys aren't going to be called in from 6 counties over to do the games. Lol. Right? Lol. Lol. Lol. The OHSAA, which is broke (lol), has to pay these guys $140 per game and $1.00 a mile for anything over 50 miles for their travel. Lol. Lol. Lol. SMH.

https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/ ... eyRegs.pdf
somewhat local? I've seen officials travel 80+ miles for first round matchups! LOL. It's called regional football, therefore the teams are from the same region, therefore they're likely to have officials from within that region, therefore it's also likely both teams could have possibly seen those officials before. Therefore, the argument for biased officials is irrelevant, therefore, the best team shall win the game (and yes there will still be bad calls).
You have to understand that Denise is used to crying about officials. They're just thankful that Lucas got out of region 27 so they don't have to drive up state route 13 through years after Trimble eliminates them again.
There it is! I was wondering when the insults would come flying in. Here is to hoping the Tomcats can get through R27 and my Cubs get through R25. A state-semi final of Lucas vs Trimble III would be epic.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

OvGuy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:26 pm ...Blaming officials is a moronic and uneducated way at watching football...

...the call bias if you want to call it that very rarely ends up in River's favor...

...the last time in recent history that Eastern was in Hannibal they took a 60-6 beating...
Two things:
1) Sounds a lot like you blaming the officials.
2) I am a Lucas fan, not an Eastern fan. The last two times Lucas played River, the combined score was 104-6.

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

dnis30 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:28 am
OvGuy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:26 pm ...Blaming officials is a moronic and uneducated way at watching football...

...the call bias if you want to call it that very rarely ends up in River's favor...

...the last time in recent history that Eastern was in Hannibal they took a 60-6 beating...
Two things:
2) I am a Lucas fan, not an Eastern fan. The last two times Lucas played River, the combined score was 104-6.
If the Covid wouldn’t have happened Trimble and Lucas was scheduled for regular season game. I’m pretty sure if the schedule stays as planned they will face each other next year in regular season. Trimble returns everyone next year. Could be the most hyped game of the season

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

ShooterMcgavin wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:40 am

Two things:
If the Covid wouldn’t have happened Trimble and Lucas was scheduled for regular season game. I’m pretty sure if the schedule stays as planned they will face each other next year in regular season. Trimble returns everyone next year. Could be the most hyped game of the season
Trimble and Fort also play next year in Beverly.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

Two things:
Lucas will lose a great senior class. We seem to reload now-a-days, but Idk. Either way, hope they play!

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:03 am

Two things:
Trimble and Fort also play next year in Beverly.
Yes they do. Hopefully it continues to be a yearly contest between the two

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
Superman
JV Team

Post by Superman »

dnis30 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:16 am
SEOfootballFAN1 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:07 pm
somewhat local? I've seen officials travel 80+ miles for first round matchups! LOL. It's called regional football, therefore the teams are from the same region, therefore they're likely to have officials from within that region, therefore it's also likely both teams could have possibly seen those officials before. Therefore, the argument for biased officials is irrelevant, therefore, the best team shall win the game (and yes there will still be bad calls).
You have to understand that Denise is used to crying about officials. They're just thankful that Lucas got out of region 27 so they don't have to drive up state route 13 through years after Trimble eliminates them again.
There it is! I was wondering when the insults would come flying in. Here is to hoping the Tomcats can get through R27 and my Cubs get through R25. A state-semi final of Lucas vs Trimble III would be epic.
No insults just honesty. Would love to send the cubbies packing again this year.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

With the thrashing River put on what we thought was a good Eastern team, and with EK being out, is River or NC the new favorite to take R27? :o :?:

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

A little unrelated, but I would definitely like to see Eastern and Fisher play in non-league in the future. I know Eastern has had plans to play FCA, but the people demand a home-and-home! We've got some Eastern connections in recent memory -- our baseball coach is a Meigs alum with many cousins from Eastern, and our best player last year was the son of a really good Eastern player from the 80's. Green and white vs green and white, old school football... Eastern would enjoy playing on Fulton Field and I know our boys would enjoy a trip to the river.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:15 pm With the thrashing River put on what we thought was a good Eastern team, and with EK being out, is River or NC the new favorite to take R27? :o :?:
They got to beat Shadyside first. Shadyside beat them once and is healthy.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:06 pm
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:15 pm With the thrashing River put on what we thought was a good Eastern team, and with EK being out, is River or NC the new favorite to take R27? :o :?:
So Chicka Chicka Slim Shady and NC are the new favorites??

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:30 pm
To me watching all the games of both Shadyside and River and a few of each from NC and Trimble those first 3 if they all each played 10 games against each other I think you’re looking at 5-5 or 6-4/4-6 splits between each of them they’re all on an even playing field in my opinion with Trimble just a small step behind due to their youth and not having the type of signature game breaker like each of those teams have. Could I be wrong absolutely but that’s why you play the games!

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

redskinwitness wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:09 pm
dnis30 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:51 am
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:58 pm

Sadly, you’re right about that. To not have East Knox in there, that’s crazy. Obviously we know Marion Local will be the ones that come out on top, but my second pick would be East Knox and third would be Lima Central Catholic.
100% agree about LCC. When they get back to full strength, watch out. They are a blur offensively. They ended up in R26, so you will likely see them vs Marion Local or Fort Loramie in the state semis.

If I had to rank R27 today:
1. East Knox
2. Newark Catholic
3. Berne Union
4. Trimble
5. Danville
6. Frontier
7. Caldwell
8. Beaver Eastern
9. Reedsville Eastern
10. Waterford
11. Cardington
12. River
I agree with some of this, strongly disagree with other parts. Based off recent playoff success, tradition, common opponents, strength of schedule and current records there are some to high and some to low, IMO.

No argument against EK or NC at or near the top but River and Shadyside are top 5 in this region. Their SOS is the difference. I’m sure Berne has a nice team but they have played fisher, fca, rosecrans and Miller. Frontier is in the same boat. River smacked Monroe who played a tight one with Caldwell. Caldwell handled eastern who gave Trimble all they want and beat Waterford. I understand matchups and conditions matter but based on recent history I’d say Shadyside and River join Trimble, NC and EK in the top portion of this region
I’m claiming victory from this post a month ago lol

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

redskinwitness wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:26 pm
redskinwitness wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:09 pm
dnis30 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:51 am

100% agree about LCC. When they get back to full strength, watch out. They are a blur offensively. They ended up in R26, so you will likely see them vs Marion Local or Fort Loramie in the state semis.

If I had to rank R27 today:
1. East Knox
2. Newark Catholic
3. Berne Union
4. Trimble
5. Danville
6. Frontier
7. Caldwell
8. Beaver Eastern
9. Reedsville Eastern
10. Waterford
11. Cardington
12. River
I agree with some of this, strongly disagree with other parts. Based off recent playoff success, tradition, common opponents, strength of schedule and current records there are some to high and some to low, IMO.

No argument against EK or NC at or near the top but River and Shadyside are top 5 in this region. Their SOS is the difference. I’m sure Berne has a nice team but they have played fisher, fca, rosecrans and Miller. Frontier is in the same boat. River smacked Monroe who played a tight one with Caldwell. Caldwell handled eastern who gave Trimble all they want and beat Waterford. I understand matchups and conditions matter but based on recent history I’d say Shadyside and River join Trimble, NC and EK in the top portion of this region
I’m claiming victory from this post a month ago lol
This is the most laughable list I’ve ever seen. No matter the year or what point in the season it is not having River and Shadyside ATLEAST in the top 6 of region 27 is bananas. Other than the Waterford game and East Knox last week for Shadyside look at what those teams typically do to the southern teams in this region lol. SHEESH!

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

Superman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:58 pm
dnis30 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:16 am
No insults just honesty. Would love to send the cubbies packing again this year.
Someone is packing and it's not the "cubbies".

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

Yes, and both bare asssed their opponents last week to prove they are the favorites. :o

SEOfootballFAN1
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOfootballFAN1 »

Orestes' wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes, and both bare asssed their opponents last week to prove they are the favorites. :o
Don't think NC bare assed anybody last week.... turnovers bailed them out. They do have a good squad and will be a tough out for anybody in D7 (except Marion Local).

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

SEOfootballFAN1 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:39 pm
Orestes' wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:36 pm

Don't think NC bare assed anybody last week.... turnovers bailed them out. They do have a good squad and will be a tough out for anybody in D7 (except Marion Local).
Take into account the great equalizer you clamored about all week, the septic mud infested field, and you got bare asssed. They're young too, so next year when they get you on turf it'll be fun times for NC. If you get that far. :o

Return to “Football”