RD 3: Johnstown Monroe 0 Ironton 42

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: RD 3: Johnstown Monroe (6-2) @ Ironton (7-0)

Post by MrFirstTake »

The Regulator wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:07 am I don't think it's as much schools recruiting as much as it is kids and parents wanting to be part of a certain program. Ironton and Burg have both benefited from transfers from each school most notably Gage Salyers and Tanner Wilson. Both played keys roles in the success of the programs they joined. It is what it is and this is nothing new to our area. Growing up in the 80's kids would transfer from one school to the next just as they do now. The difference now we have social media for everyone to voice there opinions
Exactly and some people want to act like it doesnt happen at their school for some reason i have never denied that ironton gets kids from other schools im a kid that played at ironton from some where else. But i do know i wasnt offered an apartment car money playing time or anything?

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:10 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:05 am Competitive balance
My mistake, I misinterpreted that, but yes I'd say they have about the same competitive balance. Hence why I said that if all the move-ins from both schools weren't on the teams, both teams would still be successful.
I get what your saying but i was meaning like do #2/18 count against cb numbers bc they have been their for two years

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:12 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:10 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:05 am Competitive balance
My mistake, I misinterpreted that, but yes I'd say they have about the same competitive balance. Hence why I said that if all the move-ins from both schools weren't on the teams, both teams would still be successful.
I get what your saying but i was meaning like do #2/18 count against cb numbers bc they have been their for two years
No I wouldn't consider them to be against it because they are from Wheelersburg. It would be like considering the Thompson twins who moved back to Columbus last year against the CB of the basketball team, they were in the same situation as 2 and 18

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:57 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:52 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:50 am
Yes, yes they were...
So burg has the same CB as ironton why?
Who are you referring to?
Burg has kids who have been to burg their entire school district but are considered open enrollment. I can think of several students that live on the edge of burg but technically are in either south Webster or East districts.

The only kid that played for a high school team the year before for burg is the QB. There’s another kid that played as a freshman but he’s ineligible because he didn’t move physical home locations. The QB physically moved in.

How many on irontons roster this year played for a different high school last year? There’s probably the reason they are the same. Burg has more tier 1s but ironton has more tier 2s

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Whatever tier1 tier2 tier5 idc the numbers are the same stop trying to twist it to make burg look better.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Transfers have been, are now, and always will be a part of the game. Kids move every year. Parents want their kids playing for solid programs. It is what is is. I'm a Burg fan, and will be the first one to say that we benefit from kids moving in, no doubt. Everyone just need to get over it and just let the kids play the game. Around large cities, with there being 2-3 schools in each district, kids move ALL the time. Get over it.

This type of discussion takes away from the game at hand, which is important to the kids, coaches and communities. Let it go.

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

This thread is for Saturday's game with Johnstown so why are Burgites on this thread. Is it the pressure you are feeling because you know the more talented kids will want to go to Ironton in the future because of coach Pendleton's ability to get kids recruited for college football. If only they stars could align so we could play Burg but I doubt that will happen. Let it go, Burg has benefited from open enrollment more than anyone not just in football but other sports as well. A transfer is a transfer regardless of when they transferred.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

The Regulator wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:56 am This thread is for Saturday's game with Johnstown so why are Burgites on this thread. Is it the pressure you are feeling because you know the more talented kids will want to go to Ironton in the future because of coach Pendleton's ability to get kids recruited for college football. If only they stars could align so we could play Burg but I doubt that will happen. Let it go, Burg has benefited from open enrollment more than anyone not just in football but other sports as well. A transfer is a transfer regardless of when they transferred.
I think that any SEOPS user is free to converse on any thread they please. The conversation led to where it did because it's a popular topic amongst the two teams. I hope Ironton wins and I hope the Burg wins. It would be an exciting 5th round matchup to decide who goes to the semifinals and a perennial game that should live on for years to come...

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Regulator wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:56 am This thread is for Saturday's game with Johnstown so why are Burgites on this thread. Is it the pressure you are feeling because you know the more talented kids will want to go to Ironton in the future because of coach Pendleton's ability to get kids recruited for college football. If only they stars could align so we could play Burg but I doubt that will happen. Let it go, Burg has benefited from open enrollment more than anyone not just in football but other sports as well. A transfer is a transfer regardless of when they transferred.
:roll: The ironton posters brought up the situation. No burg poster said anything about it. I tried to clarify but yet again it’s offensive to ironton posters. Good luck to ironton this weekend.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

post of the month

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

This horse has literally been beat to DEATH lol. Ironton wins with a running clock. If the Jonnies are allowed to bring their band it will be the most exciting part of the game... Awesome Band!!!!

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:11 am
:roll: The ironton posters brought up the situation. No burg poster said anything about it. I tried to clarify but yet again it’s offensive to ironton posters. Good luck to ironton this weekend.
Don't take offense but you would make a great politician :lol:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Regulator wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:42 am
wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:11 am
Don't take offense but you would make a great politician :lol:
Dear lord, that is offensive. Who wants to be in that category? Lol

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I remember not too long ago everybody was just hoping and praying for a high school football season. Now that we have gotten into a modified playoffs, people are still bringing up petty this school and that school stuff. Who cares. I am glad Ironton has blossomed again and the Burg train keeps rolling. Good luck to the Tigers as the Johnnies are always a tough out. Take it one week at a time.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

The Nature Boy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:03 pm I remember not too long ago everybody was just hoping and praying for a high school football season. Now that we have gotten into a modified playoffs, people are still bringing up petty this school and that school stuff. Who cares. I am glad Ironton has blossomed again and the Burg train keeps rolling. Good luck to the Tigers as the Johnnies are always a tough out. Take it one week at a time.
And there's the problem. Because when someone does bring it up. It's petty :roll:
If it was petty then these schools would do things the right way and not promote it. But it helps them win, so they don't care

The kids that get cheated are the teams in there leagues and region that try and do things the right way, the kids that grow up hearing out work them, when anyone in their right mind knows your not gonna beat Allstar teams. I've seen posts in the past from Ironton and Wheelersburg fans being critical of Private Schools winning, when they are the same thing.

What needs to happen is AD's from the OVC and the SOC get together and say enough is enough, because it's obvious the OHSAA will never do anything

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Get this on back on topic.

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

All them kids in orange and black are all Arnton breeded and birthed. We don’t needs no players from other schools! I don’t knoe of one player that didn’t come up in ours kiddie leags that plays right now for our hi school

UrbanFMeyer
Waterboy

Post by UrbanFMeyer »

I’m hearing Ironton is out due to Covid-19

UrbanFMeyer
Waterboy

Post by UrbanFMeyer »

Any truth to this??

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

UrbanFMeyer wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:00 am Any truth to this??
Zero someone will end up in the Ohio River if this is the case.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED

Return to “Football”