Waterboy

Re: Gallia Academy @ Meadowbrook

Post by Cv59 »

Colts 58-40

UrbanFMeyer
Waterboy

Post by UrbanFMeyer »

Gallia was the most undisciplined team I have ever seen. Very talented team, coaching staff is a joke

Cv59
Waterboy

Post by Cv59 »

UrbanFMeyer wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:13 am Gallia was the most undisciplined team I have ever seen. Very talented team, coaching staff is a joke
clearly, 8 personal foul penalties. Wow!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I said it a few weeks ago when they played Portsmouth but they look flat and something is off about them. The game I watched it looked like they wasn’t trying. I expected them to beat Portsmouth by 40.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I don’t think coaching staff is a joke. Do believe this was a group of very undisciplined kids this year. I don’t want to bad mouth kids but sometimes coaching can’t overcome some things.

UrbanFMeyer
Waterboy

Post by UrbanFMeyer »

The coaching staff can correct it by sitting them
On the bench. I don’t remember seeing anyone come out of the game after getting a personal foul. If you let them get away with it they’ll keep doing it

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

UrbanFMeyer wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:36 pm The coaching staff can correct it by sitting them
On the bench. I don’t remember seeing anyone come out of the game after getting a personal foul. If you let them get away with it they’ll keep doing it
The attitude and team play that this team put out is day and night from last 2 years! Sad thing is alot of those players with personal flags will be back next season.

BigBlue99
Waterboy

Post by BigBlue99 »

Players are a reflection of the coaches. This team doesn’t play for each other because they are not pushed or coached up. There needs to be a change. Either the head coach steps up and reevaluate the staff. Zero quality wins on the schedule and that’s a successful season? Get real

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

2020 6-2 People on here want to make changes.
2019 9-2
2018 9-2
2017 5-5 Hire current coach

2016 1-9
2015 1-9
2014 4-6
2013 5-5

2012 9-3 Playoffs and coach leaves.

From an outsider, seems more like a community issue than a coach issue. But I could be wrong as I have no knowledge other than this site, watching a few games over the years, and Joe Eitel.

AMERICANFLAG
Waterboy

Post by AMERICANFLAG »

The funny thing about coaching is you are always judged and It doesn't matter if you are winning or not. The outsiders of a program that have zero knowledge of what is going on at practice, meetings or behind the closed doors of the public. Outsiders will always speculate or assume these things. It is there opinion and there opinion does not matter to coaches because they are the people that are actually grinding and doing what is best for the entire team. This is a fan site and great place for outsiders to post their opinions where the only place it matters is to the outsider. This is for all coaches that put themselves out there, win or lose, Thank you for doing what you do for the kids.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Community has zero say in how disciplinary issues are addressed. Whether it is sitting a player which usually is effective, extra conditioning in practice which eventually works, or the lost art of singling out the guilty party in real time which is almost fail proof; the issues must be addressed. My biggest question from last week would be How were we so unprepared technically for the meadowbrook passing game? Other than slants the amount of hang time on passes was incredible and we weren’t in position to make plays on the ball or receiver. Players of all skill sets get lost in space at times or bite but Meadowbrook did nothing new. In fact they worked their pass routes for 20 straight minutes in pregame. Passes were on time which made them accurate but were also floaters. We looked like we had no clue what to expect and never adjusted. In short each Colt did their job. We have the personnel to run their offense against our defense in practice and better prepare our defensive backs. Too much speed and athleticism in the back end of our defense to be so far away from making plays on the ball or receiver. Could have easily been better prepared. With limited highlights available most GA fans knew we were going to see 4 different pass plays and also see the ball hanging in the air, even on the bubble.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

SEO Sports wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:02 am 2020 6-2 People on here want to make changes.
2019 9-2
2018 9-2

2016 1-9
2015 1-9
2014 4-6
2013 5-5

From an outsider, seems more like a community issue than a coach issue. But I could be wrong as I have no knowledge other than this site, watching a few games over the years, and Joe Eitel.
To your point though... Coach P is the right guy for the job and that’s simple to any Blue fan that has witnessed the program the last decade. Eddy was ran out of town by an isolated community member with a long reach due to an assistant coaches words at halftime, in an attempt to motivate the players. Afterwards we struggled mightily. Coach P comes back and inherits a group of Sophs that played out of attrition as freshmen. Quickly turned the program around. During that time we had several young but highly motivated and knowledgeable assistants along with Mac and coop. None of the youngsters remained on staff after 2018. Expectations and accountability seem to be missing past 2 years. We are fortunate to have enough team oriented players with enough individual drive to succeed as a team. Fundamentals are deficient in very important areas. Most of our young assistants head our lower level programs and fundamentals are overlooked. Saturday’s defensive fix required reps and fundamental help, easily fixed given the athletes on the team. Heck with enough practice reps the kids would have adjusted.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

SEO Sports wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:02 am 2020 6-2 People on here want to make changes.
2019 9-2
2018 9-2

2016 1-9
2015 1-9
2014 4-6
2013 5-5

It’s Logan people faking to be Gallia people so they can get Penrod

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:00 pm
2019 9-2
2018 9-2

2016 1-9
2015 1-9
2014 4-6
2013 5-5

It’s Logan people faking to be Gallia people so they can get Penrod
In all honesty, that should be more accurate then Gallia people wanting him gone. But as well know, a few people on here don't represent everyone involved. Penrod has been in charge of that program getting turned around. He deserves the benefit of the doubt.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Agreed. Coach Penrod indeed deserves the benefit of the doubt. This season is over. On to next year.

Carzycurt
Freshman Team

Post by Carzycurt »

Man this one is tough! I think it’s a high scoring game but will take Gallia by a touchdown

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Curt, lol. I will take that bet. I will give you GA and 17 points. Hell 17.9 points.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Jk. Sorry buddy I had to. You crazy, curt

Return to “Football”