Regional Semi: Wood (8-0) Burg (7-1)

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Re: Regional Semi: Wood (8-0) Burg (7-1)

Post by MasterOfNone »

Good luck to Burg from Waverly! Would love to see two SOC teams moving on to Regional Finals!

RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

For once, Ridgewood does not have to make that 3+ hour bus ride south. This will be Wheelersburg's first trip to the thriving metropolis of West Lafayette. I expect both teams will be fired up. Should be a fun, hard fought game. Safe travels to all the Wheelersburg faithful!

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

A lot of people may disagree with this statement, but I would rather have this year's team over last year's team 9 times out of 10. Even after losing Matthews, I feel as if the Pirates are more productive on both sides of the ball than last year by a lot, being equipped to efficiently stop most playstyles...

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paulcrew wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:19 am Been a lot of talk of Wheelersburg being better this year. Couldn’t Ridgewood be better also? Isn’t their QBback from last year? What part of Ridgewoods team is weaker this season that would allow Wheelersburg to
keep this game competitive?
Disclaimer: my opinions are based on a couple of YouTube games of ridgewood. I’m not a coach, don’t claim to be.

I wouldn’t say ridgewood is that much better more than I would say they are more polished. Last year I think they had a pretty good sophomore class. Those kids are a year older and probably a little more bigger. Their QB is all state good. He reminds me of minford QB.

Burg has improved in a different way. Last year they were two dimensional on offense and one of those dimensions was hurt all year. This year they don’t have Matthews but Miller is pretty elusive and they have 4 to 5 other kids that can make positive plays. Enough to where they trust giving them the ball. I don’t think they felt that comfort last year.

Defense was sporadic against the run. I think they are way better against the run this year. Not great but sufficient to make some stops to give them a chance. A better Run defense helps the secondary.

The only glaring weakness in ridgewood I see this year is their kicking game. Burg should start with great field position the whole game unless they hurt themselves with penalties.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:03 am
Paulcrew wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:19 am Been a lot of talk of Wheelersburg being better this year. Couldn’t Ridgewood be better also? Isn’t their QBback from last year? What part of Ridgewoods team is weaker this season that would allow Wheelersburg to
Disclaimer: my opinions are based on a couple of YouTube games of ridgewood. I’m not a coach, don’t claim to be.

I wouldn’t say ridgewood is that much better more than I would say they are more polished. Last year I think they had a pretty good sophomore class. Those kids are a year older and probably a little more bigger. Their QB is all state good. He reminds me of minford QB.

Burg has improved in a different way. Last year they were two dimensional on offense and one of those dimensions was hurt all year. This year they don’t have Matthews but Miller is pretty elusive and they have 4 to 5 other kids that can make positive plays. Enough to where they trust giving them the ball. I don’t think they felt that comfort last year.

Defense was sporadic against the run. I think they are way better against the run this year. Not great but sufficient to make some stops to give them a chance. A better Run defense helps the secondary.

The only glaring weakness in ridgewood I see this year is their kicking game. Burg should start with great field position the whole game unless they hurt themselves with penalties.
Miller doesn’t have Mathews speed but is a playmaker.
The only playmaker that teams game planned for last year was Mathews. You contained him you were going to win. This years team doesn’t have a Mathews but they have a bunch of kids that can make plays. I think there are many reasons why this years team is better than last but the main reason is the QB.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Going with wood

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

I have watched Ridgewood football for almost 40 years. They have had some very good defensive teams over the years. This team is the best I have seen and it is not that close. It is mainly because their D line is so dominant and disruptive and the secondary can cover and tackle, unlike other years where they seemed to have one or the other. Like another Wood poster stated, offensively they have found more of an identity of being a little more power less finesse this year, but they obviously still have the big play threat with the QB and plenty of good other weapons that can get the ball downfield.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

WLR returns all or most.

Strong D.

NKREDIBL QB.

WB must get in the backfield FAST & disrupt the control Their QB uses to CONTROL....

IDT, WLR has changed much from last year, based on YouTube video I’ve seen, they’re just better at what they do.

I only see two more tenacious D-Fences:
K-Land & IRON.

With that said, I do think WLR IS a 20-point fave.

The only hesitation I have that favors WB is, they’re hungry again & these 2 squads have history & NE thing could happen.

There’s crumbs left over from the 2017 “SHIP” & DaBurg wants to eat again.
They’ve got some good line play & explosive young backs, very much so the future at WB.

But, w/ K-Land up to D5 in 2019 W/CB,
2017 was prolly the best opportunity for WB to advance, eat & wear the big cap.

This is their chance to advance & face a strong HarvPrep/IRON...
“SURVIVOR”!

I do think Region 19 & 17 will be in the final & that makes me happy.

We are proving each year the boys from the south can compete & DO BELONG W/The top teams despite the snarky comments from those N of 270.

I’d love to see WB advance.
I’d love to see IRON advance.

Then, Open the gates to ALL & pack the “TANK” on the field LUTZ Holds wearing a mask if you chose to.

But, 1 game @ a time to ever think of that, but I just wanna paint that hopeful scenario in case it doesn’t manifest & it prolly won’t, espy to that level of prediction & detail anyway.

WLR advances.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Good luck to both teams but especially coach W from his hometown.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Forum has been pretty boring this year. Question did the Mathews kid last year go on to play football anywhere?

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Raycharles wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:45 am Forum has been pretty boring this year. Question did the Mathews kid last year go on to play football anywhere?
University of Findlay

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:56 am
Raycharles wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:45 am Forum has been pretty boring this year. Question did the Mathews kid last year go on to play football anywhere?
University of Findlay
One side of the state to the next lol. getting any reps?

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Raycharles wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:32 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:56 am
University of Findlay
One side of the state to the next lol. getting any reps?
Currently #2 on the depth chart at receiver and is on special teams as of now. Their D-2 conference starts mid-march.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Burg fan here coming up early to eat before the game. Could any Ridgewood fans give me some advice on places good to eat up there?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Calpreps has this A 35-21 game with Ridgewood winning.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Yh8awinner wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:37 pm Burg fan here coming up early to eat before the game. Could any Ridgewood fans give me some advice on places good to eat up there?
Only one place to eat in Lafayette and that’s the pizza shop (amici’s)I’m a little bias but I think it’s one best pies around so be a great place to get a bite to eat. Unless you are going through Coshocton there is a few places to eat there.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

Raycharles wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:27 am
Yh8awinner wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:37 pm Burg fan here coming up early to eat before the game. Could any Ridgewood fans give me some advice on places good to eat up there?
Only one place to eat in Lafayette and that’s the pizza shop (amici’s)I’m a little bias but I think it’s one best pies around so be a great place to get a bite to eat. Unless you are going through Coshocton there is a few places to eat there.
Only problem is he is currently remodeling the dining room so it is take out only. But yes, great pizza, wings, subs etc..

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Burg by 21
Ridgewood goes down

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I used to take the scenic Rt. 16 (East Broad St) from Columbus thru Newark to Coshocton and would stop there for eats before going on Rt. 36 to I-77 when travelling to the State finals every year.......and if you blink on the main road you won't see West Lafayette on your way to Newcomerstown. Beautiful country out there !!!!! :D

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:39 am
I used to take the scenic Rt. 16 (East Broad St) from Columbus thru Newark to Coshocton and would stop there for eats before going on Rt. 36 to I-77 when travelling to the State finals every year.......and if you blink on the main road you won't see West Lafayette on your way to Newcomerstown. Beautiful country out there !!!!! :D
WL is a metropolis now! There's a Dollar General!

Return to “Football”