Regional Semi: Wood (8-0) Burg (7-1)

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Regional Semi: Wood (8-0) Burg (7-1)

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:31 pm Yabba: Refs rarely call holding this late in the year. Man, You've watched many years of playoff football and you know this. The D-line just has to overcome the holding, get off the block, make the play, and not make excuses.

Ridgewood, Enjoy this win, but next week it'll be a whole different beast.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Burg on another outstanding season.

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

Refs were garbage both ways. Both teams battled, kids on both sides played their asses off. Truth is if Tingle doesn’t get hurt 1st possession there is nothing to even discuss, question or complain about. Was a great football game with him being sidelined.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Congratulations to Ridgewood, good luck next week.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:23 am Refs were garbage both ways. Both teams battled, kids on both sides played their asses off. Truth is if Tingle doesn’t get hurt 1st possession there is nothing to even discuss, question or complain about. Was a great football game with him being sidelined.
You can’t predict that. I think ridgewood had the better team but you can’t predict that. I think Burg had two starting linemen injured. One out for the game. Also I think the burg QB hasn’t been 100% healthy for the last 3 or 4 games. Injuries are a part of it.

Someone from ridgewood mentioned their defense being their best defense arguably ever. They might be onto something. That defense is extremely good. Obviously I agree that tingle makes them better offensively but defense is what wins games and ridgewood has that box checked.

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

I watched a replay of the Tingle kid getting injured. There was nothing dirty about the play AT ALL. He got hurt on an inside running play but stayed in the game, ran the ball again and got stood up by a D lineman, a second D lineman came over and assisted in the tackle and they all fell on him. The whistle blew as they were taking him down. Yes his progress was stopped before he was tackled but the play hadn’t been blown dead yet. Hopefully he’ll be okay to play against Ironton. As far as Lattimore getting more carries I agree. I understand playing the seniors and giving them their due but you’ve got to play your best players. Regardless of class. The kid has talent and should be utilized more BUT the offense can’t become one dimensional. Last years offense was Mathews left and Mathews right and it was easily stopped by the better teams. Nice season Pirates. Good luck next week Generals. *Sorry but I’ll be routing for the southern Ohio team the rest of their run.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Burg Bias wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:23 am I watched a replay of the Tingle kid getting injured. There was nothing dirty about the play AT ALL. He got hurt on an inside running play but stayed in the game, ran the ball again and got stood up by a D lineman, a second D lineman came over and assisted in the tackle and they all fell on him. The whistle blew as they were taking him down. Yes his progress was stopped before he was tackled but the play hadn’t been blown dead yet. Hopefully he’ll be okay to play against Ironton. As far as Lattimore getting more carries I agree. I understand playing the seniors and giving them their due but you’ve got to play your best players. Regardless of class. The kid has talent and should be utilized more BUT the offense can’t become one dimensional. Last years offense was Mathews left and Mathews right and it was easily stopped by the better teams. Nice season Pirates. Good luck next week Generals. *Sorry but I’ll be routing for the southern Ohio team the rest of their run.
What’s worse is that none of lattimores subs at running back, except for one on special occasions, is a senior. And thank you for clarifying the “Dirty” hit on Tingle.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I’m sorry but I have a big problem with fans assessment of the two sophomores lack of touches. I think you’d be surprised if you went back to the game and counted how many times they touched the ball. They were a part of the game plan.

Everyone is an expert on here. No one is taking into account how good ridgewood was against the run. Go watch a couple of ridgewood games other than burgs and see other teams struggle to run against them. Their four down linemen were studs and their linebackers were too.

The sophomore running back is very talented and you can see that when he runs the ball but the yards he got last night were tough yards and not easy to come by.

You could tell burg was trying to get to the outside of that front six with some short passes. It didn’t work as well as they wanted but they had some success.

I understand the frustration from fans when there’s a loss but my goodness. The Wheelersburg head coach And staff win 80% of their games. People talk like they have no idea what they are doing. SMH. They are going to make mistakes and of course you can say why didn’t they do this when it doesn’t work but who would want to play for another staff?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:12 am I’m sorry but I have a big problem with fans assessment of the two sophomores lack of touches. I think you’d be surprised if you went back to the game and counted how many times they touched the ball. They were a part of the game plan.

Everyone is an expert on here. No one is taking into account how good ridgewood was against the run. Go watch a couple of ridgewood games other than burgs and see other teams struggle to run against them. Their four down linemen were studs and their linebackers were too.

The sophomore running back is very talented and you can see that when he runs the ball but the yards he got last night were tough yards and not easy to come by.

You could tell burg was trying to get to the outside of that front six with some short passes. It didn’t work as well as they wanted but they had some success.

I understand the frustration from fans when there’s a loss but my goodness. The Wheelersburg head coach And staff win 80% of their games. People talk like they have no idea what they are doing. SMH. They are going to make mistakes and of course you can say why didn’t they do this when it doesn’t work but who would want to play for another staff?

With me, it's not a lack of touches it's when they take him out and the subsequent play calls. Also, in the second half he was getting off big runs. I think Woods defense was wore down and Burg didn't take advantage of it.

Can you explain the series before they kicked the FG? Derrick has some nice runs and gets them around the 20. They take him out and run a QB keeper with Miller for no gain. They then put Derrick back in and he gains 5. Then they run a QB keeper with Sanderlin????????It was almost like they were playing for the FG.

Emotions got the best of me last night but I take back nothing I said. As for the coaching staff, yeah Burg has the best HC around. Asked around town about the OC though. You'll get just what I said on here. I hope they don't leave because I think they both are going to be special players.

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:37 am
DaWoodSoldier wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:23 am Refs were garbage both ways. Both teams battled, kids on both sides played their asses off. Truth is if Tingle doesn’t get hurt 1st possession there is nothing to even discuss, question or complain about. Was a great football game with him being sidelined.
You can’t predict that. I think ridgewood had the better team but you can’t predict that. I think Burg had two starting linemen injured. One out for the game. Also I think the burg QB hasn’t been 100% healthy for the last 3 or 4 games. Injuries are a part of it.

Someone from ridgewood mentioned their defense being their best defense arguably ever. They might be onto something. That defense is extremely good. Obviously I agree that tingle makes them better offensively but defense is what wins games and ridgewood has that box checked.

Agree about Wood defense. It’s very very good. I believe many Wood fans tried to tell Burg fans that all week.... But you are wrong about the game with tingle healthy. Burg will never know, but Wood does and so does everyone that’s watched em play. Burg was in for a long night.
Injuries are part of the game, I’m sure both teams have several at this stage in season, but tingle is different type of player/competitor, that’s not even up for debate. Before injury even in very small sample size Wood was simply doing as they pleased and hadn’t even begun to open up the playbook or push ball downfield. It would have been ugly for the burg. You won’t change my mind.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:27 am

Agree about Wood defense. It’s very very good. I believe many Wood fans tried to tell Burg fans that all week.... But you are wrong about the game with tingle healthy. Burg will never know, but Wood does and so does everyone that’s watched em play. Burg was in for a long night.
Injuries are part of the game, I’m sure both teams have several at this stage in season, but tingle is different type of player/competitor, that’s not even up for debate. Before injury even in very small sample size Wood was simply doing as they pleased and hadn’t even begun to open up the playbook or push ball downfield. It would have been ugly for the burg. You won’t change my mind.
Well if burgs offensive line was completely healthy, Wood wouldn’t have been able to stop burgs run. You won’t change my mind. See how easy that was. Tingle is really good and I won’t deny it and so is ridgewood defense but you can’t predict what would have happened if he was completely healthy. I believe the better team won but to say burg was in for a long night is hard to predict

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Kaskey does a ton of behind the scenes stuff for Wheelersburg not just coach. If he ever left it would be a huge loss for them.

Fact of the matter is players want to play. This isn't college, it's high school. Players don't wanna just play one side of the ball, especially when that role is limited also. You bring up Woodwards record and it is really good, as it should be. The way things are he has better talent than anyone outside of Ironton and accasional Waverly. You really should never loose when you got some guys that just play defense or offense that would be the best or one of the best players on the competition.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:40 am Kaskey does a ton of behind the scenes stuff for Wheelersburg not just coach. If he ever left it would be a huge loss for them.

Fact of the matter is players want to play. This isn't college, it's high school. Players don't wanna just play one side of the ball, especially when that role is limited also. You bring up Woodwards record and it is really good, as it should be. The way things are he has better talent than anyone outside of Ironton and accasional Waverly. You really should never loose when you got some guys that just play defense or offense that would be the best or one of the best players on the competition.
Burg has plenty of talent but they also develop that talent and find where they best fit the team. That’s the problem. Only one kid can touch the pigskin at a time. Kids seem to want it right now these days and get their parents to believe they’re great or their parents believe that already, when in reality they aren’t.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:31 am

Well if burgs offensive line was completely healthy, Wood wouldn’t have been able to stop burgs run. You won’t change my mind. See how easy that was. Tingle is really good and I won’t deny it and so is ridgewood defense but you can’t predict what would have happened if he was completely healthy. I believe the better team won but to say burg was in for a long night is hard to predict
The three healthy plays he was in we gored the burg for 10 yards a pop. Kid hit the field 4 other possessions with a bum shoulder and wood scored 2 of the 4 times he touched the field. It would’ve been completely different game. On top of the woods defense wouldn’t have been on the field for the whole game and I don’t think they get hurt with the run at all second half cause they are much fresher. FYI burg had 12 yards rushing first half lol.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:32 pm

The three healthy plays he was in we gored the burg for 10 yards a pop. Kid hit the field 4 other possessions with a bum shoulder and wood scored 2 of the 4 times he touched the field. It would’ve been completely different game. On top of the woods defense wouldn’t have been on the field for the whole game and I don’t think they get hurt with the run at all second half cause they are much fresher. FYI burg had 12 yards rushing first half lol.
They didn’t run much in the first half. Lol

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

With a healthy O-line, you´re more than right about the run game. 72 played with a cast on his right hand and 54 was out with a torn ACL. Not saying they could not have stopped the run game, but things would have been different...

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:24 am
SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:40 am Kaskey does a ton of behind the scenes stuff for Wheelersburg not just coach. If he ever left it would be a huge loss for them.

Burg has plenty of talent but they also develop that talent and find where they best fit the team. That’s the problem. Only one kid can touch the pigskin at a time. Kids seem to want it right now these days and get their parents to believe they’re great or their parents believe that already, when in reality they aren’t.
Weren't you one that was saying the kid in question may end up being the best back in Wheelersburg history?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:24 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:24 am

Weren't you one that was saying the kid in question may end up being the best back in Wheelersburg history?
He absolutely could be, but that is up to him. He is very talented but he’s only a sophomore. He’s got to be able to to stay in there after long runs and not get tired, be able to improve his pass blocking, pass routes, etc.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

You don’t know that it would have been ugly. You assume it would have been. Roger Bacon, along with their RB Kiner, have killed teams all year. Well Kiner played The whole game and they were lucky to come out of there with a win. Just because you do it to one team doesn’t mean you’re going to do it to the next

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:46 pm

You don’t know that it would have been ugly. You assume it would have been. Roger Bacon, along with their RB Kiner, have killed teams all year. Well Kiner played The whole game and they were lucky to come out of there with a win. Just because you do it to one team doesn’t mean you’re going to do it to the next
If you truly knew so much about HS football like you preach you do. You’d know that we’ve done this all season to everyone did it all last year. Pretty obvious it would happen kid touched the field with a bum shoulder 4 times and we scored 2 of the 4 times. Plus let’s be honest there is nothing to Roger Bacon besides that running back. You stop him you win the game. I don’t think that applies to this situation.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED

Return to “Football”