D5 R19 Finals - Ridgewood 7 Ironton 17

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: D5 R19 Finals - Ridgewood (9-0) @ Ironton (9-0)

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:05 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:22 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:03 pm I hadn’t kept up with Prep but I’m fairly certain that had roles been reversed last night, Ironton would have beaten Burg by more than a score of 13-10 and I’m not so sure that Wood would have beaten Prep
I keep laughing at these posts. Ridgewood is better than prep. Way better defensively for sure. The offense now is going to look different with tingle out but you wonder why tingle was so good? His line is good and their skilled kids are good too.

You could tell right away when tingle went out, the playbook went out the window for the general coaches which slowed them down. In the second half, when it got tight, they took a chance on their back up making a play and he did. Tingle came back in and made a great play too.

ridgewood isn’t great because of solely because of tingle, it’s because they are great defensively. When you’re that good defensively, you can open up your playbook.

I think ironton can win but this will be another battle. What will help ironton is they can stop the run really well which ridgewood is gonna have to become creative and have to scheme around tingles absence. The other thing that hurts ridgewood is their kicking game. It’s not good at all, ironton will work with good field position.

I’ll take ironton 17-14, but it won’t be easy for the tigers
They can be great defensively but in the 2nd half it started to show as they were on the field way too much because the offense could not generate anything with Tingle out. The first half they held Burg to what, 12 yd. rushing ? Defense wins games but It's asking way too much when you can't get off the field because your experienced leader is sidelined. *Ironton 31 - Wood 14*

Yeah and when Burg had them on there heels by running Lattimore straight at them and they got to the 20, they take him out and 2 of the 3 next play are QB keepers by two guys that have hardly ran that play all year!!! WHY?????. Yeah, I’m still ticked about that sequence of play calls.

Go hurry up there and keep running right at them with whoever. Swords, Williams, Lattimore r maybe the QB already in the game, Gregg!!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:43 pm I will say this, I will be watching it muted this week. Those mytown guys have a hard on for Carrico and it should never be about just one player. We are referred to as “The Kirtland Hornets” not “Sullivan and the Hornets.” All I heard was “Carrico and the Tigers.” He could gain one yard and it was “Oh I thought he was going to break one” every time he touched the ball lol. That was my only bone to pick at. Other than that great game played by THE IRONTON TIGERS
Only YOU have said:”
CARRICO & The FighTing Tigers”..

I’ve not missed an Ironton game since 1972.
An IronTon team is NEVER introduced or described that way..

MyTownTv is out of AshLand, KY.
They started video covering Kentucky & local Tri-State news.(KY, OH, WV). A few years ago on Facebook & now, out of interest & request cover sports more, thankfully!
Otherwise, IRONTON DIEHARDS would not be able to see them play like me, as I love in Orlando.
We have a great radio team, which I listen to, but we mostly all mute the mytown crew and listen to our radio call the game on iHeartRadio & mytown knows and accepts/respects that.

The founder/owner’s played for our biggest rivalry the AshLand Kentucky Paul Blazer High School Tomcats who gave Ironton their only regular season loss last year, yet they fairly cover our games for us starting last year & have learned to respect & LOVE the Tigers like Ironton fans do.

They also branch out and have a video team that covers several teams throughout Eastern KY.

Carrico is a talented kid & it shows.
This year, they are more complimentary to him as he has taken our younger players under his wing & we are able to utilize more offensive weapons with him assisting more & NOT carrying the load.

They do mention him a lot, but that’s where it’s coming from, his leadership & ability to humbly share the limelight.

He’s laying wood to guys last night that were triple piling, holding, & trying to take him out of the game:

#76 6 foot 7/300 lbs
#81 6 foot 5 /250 lbs
#59 6 foot 4 /300 LBS

The announcers were showing respect for him taking those hits, holds, and pile ons, & still playing lights out and still moving the pile for the rest of our backfield to put us in scoring position & Carrico pounding 2/3 of our scores in for six.

There’s more to the announcers and what you’re hearing than you know...
They’re not from Ironton, but our BIGGEST RIVAL & perennial state power in KY mid school size.
Now, we have their videographers shooting the tigers and we’re grateful!

Thank you:
MyTownTv
IHeartRadio
Coaches
Tigers
Band
Cheerleaders
Fans...

#GoTgo
I
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:39 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:43 pm I will say this, I will be watching it muted this week. Those mytown guys have a hard on for Carrico and it should never be about just one player. We are referred to as “The Kirtland Hornets” not “Sullivan and the Hornets.” All I heard was “Carrico and the Tigers.” He could gain one yard and it was “Oh I thought he was going to break one” every time he touched the ball lol. That was my only bone to pick at. Other than that great game played by THE IRONTON TIGERS
They started video covering Kentucky & local Tri-State news.(KY, OH, WV).

The founder/owner’s played for our biggest rivalry AshLand Paul Blazer High School Tomcats who gave Ironton their only regular season loss last year, yet they fairly cover our games for us starting last year & have learned to respect & LOVE the Tigers like Ironton fans do.

They also branch out and have a video team that covers several teams throughout Eastern KY.

This year, they are more complimentary to him as he has taken our younger players under his wing & were able to score with him assisting more & NOT carrying the load.

They do mention him a lot, but that’s where it’s coming from, his leadership & ability to humbly share the limelight.

He’s laying wood to guys last night triple piling, holding, & trying to take him out.
#76 Joe Johnson 6 foot 7/300 lbs
#81 Emmanuel Mullins 6 foot 5 /250 lbs
#59 Janarius Lewis 6 foot
He is no doubt talented. I am by no means questioning that but there is more to that team that just him, just as there is more to ours than just Sullivan. He’s part of a team and it’s team wins. Each should be in the spotlight. Maybe it’s just me but if I had a dollar every time I heard “Carrico” or “Carrico and the Tigers” I’d be challenging Jeff Bezos for the #1 spot right now. It’s nice how they broadcast though

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:48 pm

The founder/owner’s played for our biggest rivalry AshLand Paul Blazer High School Tomcats who gave Ironton their only regular season loss last year, yet they fairly cover our games for us starting last year & have learned to respect & LOVE the Tigers like Ironton fans do.

This year, they are more complimentary to him as he has taken our younger players under his wing & were able to score with him assisting more & NOT carrying the load.

He’s laying wood to guys last night triple piling, holding, & trying to take him out.
He is no doubt talented. I am by no means questioning that but there is more to that team that just him, just as there is more to ours than just Sullivan. He’s part of a team and it’s team wins. Each should be in the spotlight. Maybe it’s just me but if I had a dollar every time I heard “Carrico” or “Carrico and the Tigers” I’d be challenging Jeff Bezos for the #1 spot right now. It’s nice how they broadcast though
I appreciate your interest, but I honestly believe it’s the fact his name is on every D1 college coach gotta have list and it’s all name familiarity.

They are just as complimentary to:
Carpenter
Carter
(They even call the backfield the 3C’s)
Crawford
Howell
Cochran
Masters
Hacker
Weekly
MahlMeister
Just to name a few others...

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:15 pm

I appreciate your interest, but I honestly believe it’s the fact his name is on every D1 college coach gotta have list and it’s all name familiarity.

Carpenter
Carter
Crawford
Howell
Cochran
Masters
Hacker
Weekly
MahlMeister
My point is probably moot. Just seems that was all I heard. Irrelevant. I’ll be tuning again next week. I always have multiple games on. Are they doing this up until state final?

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:19 pm

Carpenter
Carter
Crawford
Howell
Cochran
Masters
Hacker
Weekly
MahlMeister
My point is probably moot. Just seems that was all I heard. Irrelevant. I’ll be tuning again next week. I always have multiple games on. Are they doing this up until state final?

OHSAA TAKES OVER FINAL 4 video for revenue.

I will agree with you since I got home after a 12-hour shift in Epcot and read your Ironton interest posting,

I think you win the battle with “Others” on prep’s talent & Tenacity.

Hardest hitting game I’ve seen IHS in for the majority of my life & I’m 57.
Harder than last year against WLR & even Kirtland(no disrespect).
Last night was jaw dropping.

Prep came ready & would’ve given any1 in D5 a game last night.

Things may go back to a diff level for rest of season for the rest of us & Ironton will be better b/c of it, but Harvest Preparatory moved up from D7 to D5 due to CB & new & Key players transferred into prep that came prepped to beat Ironton and send alarms around the state that they’re not going away! They are also very young.
Key players are sophomores...

New players from:

Bishop Eustace Prep, Pennsauken, NJ #20
Verona High School, WI #30
Groveport Madison High, Groveport, OH #12
Dublin Scioto HS, Dublin, OH #8

I left out names to not isolate a high school kid.

EXTREMELY hard hitting GAME.

Harvest Preps backs injured but fought to keep them in it.
(#1 & 3).
Ironton got Several Receivers banged up, but kept playing and fighting & I did NOT see #36 dress for Ironton last night,who is a big part of IHS TEAM..

Some1 correct me if I’m wrong!
This mask and face shield wearing at work is killing my vision and hearing...

#GoTgo

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:42 pm

Carpenter
Carter
Crawford
Howell
Cochran
Masters
Hacker
Weekly
MahlMeister

I will agree with you since I got home after a 12-hour shift in Epcot and read your Ironton interest posting,

Things may go back to a diff level for rest of season for the rest of us & Ironton will be better b/c of it, but Harvest Preparatory moved up from D7 to D5 due to CB & new & Key players transferred into prep that came prepped to beat Ironton and send alarms around the state that they’re not going away! They are also very young.

New players from:

(#1 & 3).
Ironton got Several Receivers banged up, but kept playing and fighting & I did NOT see Gunnar Crawford playing, who is a big part of IHS TEAM..

Some1 correct me if I’m wrong! This mask and face shield wearing at work is killing my vision and hearing...

#GoTgo
Your right crawford was not out there very much neither was crabtree which is their 2 starters. Crawford played a few plays not much i dont think crabtree played at all

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:42 pm

Carpenter
Carter
Crawford
Howell
Cochran
Masters
Hacker
Weekly
MahlMeister

New players from:

(#1 & 3).
Ironton got Several Receivers banged up, but kept playing and fighting & I did NOT see #36 dress for Ironton last night,who is a big part of IHS TEAM..

Some1 correct me if I’m wrong!
This mask and face shield wearing at work is killing my vision and hearing...

#GoTgo
No disrespect taken. That was indeed a very physical game. I guarantee both teams are feeling it right now. I like the CB. It evens the playing field. Privates were winning more often than not. I also like it because it was said we recruit and bring in kids that don’t make it at Mentor. Well our CB is 0 so that should settle all that talk

6O HORN3TS 🐝
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

There are a few informative posters on this site. Many more have left for greener, less argumentative, pastures.

In high school, more than any level, you can never discount the intangibles. If the starting QBs is out for wood, then that's tough to overcome.

I think Ironton wins regardless. I also believe the players got a wakeup call against prep and that will only make them better. It ain't going to be easy, as the soft schedule made them feel like world beaters, until this past weekend.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Carpenter
Carter
Crawford
Howell
Cochran
Masters
Hacker
Weekly
MahlMeister
Cameron Deere
CJ McCall
Ashton Duncan
Angelo Washington
Lincoln Barns

Just a few more that are huge play makers and give it their ALL every game. Ironton is loaded with great football players. Great group of young men!

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

FIDO wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:03 am There are a few informative posters on this site. Many more have left for greener, less argumentative, pastures.

In high school, more than any level, you can never discount the intangibles. If the starting QBs is out for wood, then that's tough to overcome.

I think Ironton wins regardless. I also believe the players got a wakeup call against prep and that will only make them better. It ain't going to be easy, as the soft schedule made them feel like world beaters, until this past weekend.
I agree here 100%. I said right before that game they needed a challenge and they got it. It only makes you better on down the road when you are in that situation again. I expect us to get challenged this week. Every year someone plays us hard for this region

6O HORN3TS 🐝
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Only YOU have said:”
CARRICO & The FighTing Tigers”..

I’ve not missed an Ironton game since 1972.
An IronTon team is NEVER introduced or described that way..

They started video covering Kentucky & local Tri-State news.(KY, OH, WV). A few years ago on Facebook & now, out of interest & request cover sports more, thankfully!
Otherwise, IRONTON DIEHARDS would not be able to see them play like me, as I love in Orlando.
We have a great radio team, which I listen to, but we mostly all mute the mytown crew and listen to our radio call the game on iHeartRadio & mytown knows and accepts/respects that.

The founder/owner’s played for our biggest rivalry the AshLand Kentucky Paul Blazer High School Tomcats who gave Ironton their only regular season loss last year, yet they fairly cover our games for us starting last year & have learned to respect & LOVE the Tigers like Ironton fans do.

This year, they are more complimentary to him as he has taken our younger players under his wing & we are able to utilize more offensive weapons with him assisting more & NOT carrying the load.

He’s laying wood to guys last night that were triple piling, holding, & trying to take him out of the game:

#76 6 foot 7/300 lbs
#81 6 foot 5 /250 lbs
#59 6 foot 4 /300 LBS

The announcers were showing respect for him taking those hits, holds, and pile ons, & still playing lights out and still moving the pile for the rest of our backfield to put us in scoring position & Carrico pounding 2/3 of our scores in for six.

There’s more to the announcers and what you’re hearing than you know...
They’re not from Ironton, but our BIGGEST RIVAL & perennial state power in KY mid school size.
Now, we have their videographers shooting the tigers and we’re grateful!

Thank you:
MyTownTv
IHeartRadio
Coaches
Tigers
Band
Cheerleaders
Fans...

#GoTgo
I
Just curious, I read where there were 19 players for Harvest Prep that changed Jersey numbers before the game compared to the roster that was passed out, anyone ever heard of a Team doing this? I was wondering why the announcers would say I don't see that number on the roster.

RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

Ok, so more importantly. Where's the best pizza joint in Ironton?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

RaceEagle wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:51 am Ok, so more importantly. Where's the best pizza joint in Ironton?
Lol Giovanni's people will say probably but ashland is right across the bridge like a 5 minute drive they have a rapidfired pizza its pretty good

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Is skeetos pizza still open? It’s been a few years since I had it and forgot what road it was on but that was amazing pizza. I can’t believe I forgot what exit and road it was on. But close to ironton.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

For those coming into Ironton there's tons of good places to eat.

The Armory -- new smokehouse in Ironton right off the exit.

End Zone - Sports bar atmosphere, good pizza.

The Depot - Classier place.

Frogtown - Biker bar type but food is good

or.... cross the bridge and head 5ish minutes into Ashland and you have a lot of options ranging from Texas Roadhouse, Fat Patty's, Cheddars, Ruby Tuesday, and a tonnnnnnnnnnnnn more options.

Wings ETC in Russell (right before Ashland) isn't bad either.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RaceEagle wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:51 am Ok, so more importantly. Where's the best pizza joint in Ironton?
There’s not really any great pizza. I like the coal grove Giovanni’s out of all the area Giovanni’s. Sciotoville is great. People like Fred’s in Wheelersburg which is on your way. Sit down place. There’s panheadz in burg if you like a brewsky.

Armory is pretty good in ironton, they have beer too I believe

SpeedKillz

Re: Region 19 Finals - Ridgewood (9-0) @ Ironton (9-0)

Post by SpeedKillz »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:21 am
Taylormade wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:03 am
wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:49 pm Ridgewood is better than harvest prep. They are the real deal. Look for a close game. Wood still moved the ball well without preparing with a new QB. Tingle will adapt. This will be a great game.

There it is folks,Woby the all knowing
I'm gonna say that there is no way Ridgewood is as fast and athletic as H.P.
Yeah dont believe that either i believe they will execute better and not turn it over as much but as far as speed and athleticism im not sure about that.
Ridgewoods style of play is tailor made for Irontons defense to have a big night.

Ironton 21
Ridgewood 3

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:03 am
Taylormade wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:03 am

There it is folks,Woby the all knowing
I'm gonna say that there is no way Ridgewood is as fast and athletic as H.P.
Yeah dont believe that either i believe they will execute better and not turn it over as much but as far as speed and athleticism im not sure about that.
Ridgewoods style of play is tailor made for Irontons defense to have a big night.

Ironton 21
Ridgewood 3
That’s a pretty good prediction. I think ridgewood will score though. I’m going 17-14, especially if tingle is done like they say he is.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:09 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:03 am

Ironton 21
Ridgewood 3
That’s a pretty good prediction. I think ridgewood will score though. I’m going 17-14, especially if tingle is done like they say he is.
Thats fair. I feel like Irontons defense is gonna carry them through. I think ya gotta give em the edge in athleticism, lateral speed, and just physicality. Ironton has controlled the line.of scrimmage for 9 straight. I dont see that changing yet.

Return to “Football”