D5 R19 Finals - Ridgewood 7 Ironton 17

frankie
Varsity

Re: D5 R19 Finals - Ridgewood (9-0) @ Ironton (9-0)

Post by frankie »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:18 am Is skeetos pizza still open? It’s been a few years since I had it and forgot what road it was on but that was amazing pizza. I can’t believe I forgot what exit and road it was on. But close to ironton.

Take the rt141 exit north. Skeetos is about 1 1/2 mi out. Good pizza and sandwiches are good, too.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:19 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:15 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:48 pm

He is no doubt talented. I am by no means questioning that but there is more to that team that just him, just as there is more to ours than just Sullivan. He’s part of a team and it’s team wins. Each should be in the spotlight. Maybe it’s just me but if I had a dollar every time I heard “Carrico” or “Carrico and the Tigers” I’d be challenging Jeff Bezos for the #1 spot right now. It’s nice how they broadcast though
I appreciate your interest, but I honestly believe it’s the fact his name is on every D1 college coach gotta have list and it’s all name familiarity.

They are just as complimentary to:
Carpenter
Carter
(They even call the backfield the 3C’s)
Crawford
Howell
Cochran
Masters
Hacker
Weekly
MahlMeister
Just to name a few others...
My point is probably moot. Just seems that was all I heard. Irrelevant. I’ll be tuning again next week. I always have multiple games on. Are they doing this up until state final?

The My Town TV announcers are not the best, they get excited to say the least and are not real football knowledgeable. But they try to do a good job and we appreciate their effort and My Town for broadcasting the games.

Kirtland you will not find a better young man than Reid. Smart, good manners, hardest worker on the team, and the least cocky young man you would ever meet. He works and plays hard, could care less about the glory, he just wants to win.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Ironton will have to play mistake free, I think the Tigers win, by how many is anybodies guess. By 1 point is all it takes.

Off topic on this game, I am reading excuses from Burg fans over their loss to Ridgewood. SSDY.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:02 am
RaceEagle wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:51 am Ok, so more importantly. Where's the best pizza joint in Ironton?
There’s not really any great pizza. I like the coal grove Giovanni’s out of all the area Giovanni’s. Sciotoville is great. People like Fred’s in Wheelersburg which is on your way. Sit down place. There’s panheadz in burg if you like a brewsky.

Armory is pretty good in ironton, they have beer too I believe
Trust me, Giovannis’s Italian sub & $20 xlarge pizza deal (1996) so prolly $30 now, I dream of.

Last time I drive home.
Loaded car up with 4 XL pepperoni pizzas & the two left were frozen and eaten later in Orlando.
Neighbors couldn’t get enough of it.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

frankie wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:23 pm Ironton will have to play mistake free, I think the Tigers win, by how many is anybodies guess. By 1 point is all it takes.

Off topic on this game, I am reading excuses from Burg fans over their loss to Ridgewood. SSDY.
Let's be honest, those excuses are coming from the usual suspects. Don't wrap all of us rational Burg fans into it. Ridgewood was still a good team without the QB, and most likely would have been a 21+pt win with him. Burg had a chance at the end, but didn't play well enough to make it happen.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: Region 19 Finals - Ridgewood (9-0) @ Ironton (9-0)

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:09 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:03 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:21 am
Yeah dont believe that either i believe they will execute better and not turn it over as much but as far as speed and athleticism im not sure about that.
Ridgewoods style of play is tailor made for Irontons defense to have a big night.

Ironton 21
Ridgewood 3
That’s a pretty good prediction. I think ridgewood will score though. I’m going 17-14, especially if tingle is done like they say he is.

If he led RW offense to get the W, I hope it’s a sign he CAN play & is not as bad as ppl are saying.

Hard to know really..

I do know, IHS IS banged up too & played without Gunnar Crawford & Dalton Crabtree but the depth allowed the FighTing Tigers to still to get the W.

#GoTgo

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:53 pm
frankie wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:23 pm Ironton will have to play mistake free, I think the Tigers win, by how many is anybodies guess. By 1 point is all it takes.

Let's be honest, those excuses are coming from the usual suspects. Don't wrap all of us rational Burg fans into it. Ridgewood was still a good team without the QB, and most likely would have been a 21+pt win with him. Burg had a chance at the end, but didn't play well enough to make it happen.
Honest, realistic & rational "fans" are hard to come by nowadays, especially on posting forums . Kudos to you and hope you don't get any flack from your hometown "usual suspects". :?

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Exactly spider and fan. All fan bases have those usual suspects and we all know who they are.

RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

How is the visiting locker room at Tanks? Any cool qwerks about the stadium? I enjoy stadiums that have some type of unique characteristics.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

RaceEagle wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:33 pm How is the visiting locker room at Tanks? Any cool qwerks about the stadium? I enjoy stadiums that have some type of unique characteristics.
It is and old stadium with a cover on the home side. Used to be the home of the Ironton Tanks. A semi-professional team from back in the day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironton_Tanks

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

frankie wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:54 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:19 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:15 pm

I appreciate your interest, but I honestly believe it’s the fact his name is on every D1 college coach gotta have list and it’s all name familiarity.

They are just as complimentary to:
Carpenter
Carter
(They even call the backfield the 3C’s)
Crawford
Howell
Cochran
Masters
Hacker
Weekly
MahlMeister
Just to name a few others...
My point is probably moot. Just seems that was all I heard. Irrelevant. I’ll be tuning again next week. I always have multiple games on. Are they doing this up until state final?

The My Town TV announcers are not the best, they get excited to say the least and are not real football knowledgeable. But they try to do a good job and we appreciate their effort and My Town for broadcasting the games.

Kirtland you will not find a better young man than Reid. Smart, good manners, hardest worker on the team, and the least cocky young man you would ever meet. He works and plays hard, could care less about the glory, he just wants to win.
Well tbh, I think it is great what they do and how they broadcast the games. Even if they do get a little excited from time to time. I’m sure he is a fine young man. I don’t know him or anyone else but he seems to be the leader of the team and one that others rally behind

6O HORN3TS 🐝
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

it's to be expected that the farther you advance the tougher the teams. everybody has injuries this time of year. and they can have a huge impact on a game. depth is an absolute must to have to advance. it'll be a slobber knocker. and everyone knows to expect that. and as someone mentioned, all you have to do is have 1 pt. more. ironton has had an amazing year. and they won't be overlooking anyone. honored to be able to follow the ''fighting tigers''

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

RaceEagle wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:33 pm How is the visiting locker room at Tanks? Any cool qwerks about the stadium? I enjoy stadiums that have some type of unique characteristics.
It’s a storied stadium that can best be told in video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaVm02kYSI4

ENJOY!

GoTigersGo

#GoTgo

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:16 am
It’s a storied stadium that can best be told in video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaVm02kYSI4

ENJOY!

GoTigersGo

#GoTgo
That’s the first time I’ve seen that one, oh the memories.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Does anyone know how the QB for Ridgewood is doing?

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:19 pm Does anyone know how the QB for Ridgewood is doing?
Not sure. Seems their fans aren’t very informative other than they know they would have blown Burg out had he not got hurt. It’s a moot point. You’d think they’d be happy they won and on to the regional final. A 1 point win is the same as a 40 point win this time of year. I think they are trying to argue that now while they can, as they know it’s the end of the line this week. Playing in the regional final is nothing to be ashamed about. You did what every other team except 1 in your region couldn’t do...

6O HORN3TS 🐝
DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:46 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:19 pm Does anyone know how the QB for Ridgewood is doing?
Not sure. Seems their fans aren’t very informative other than they know they would have blown Burg out had he not got hurt. It’s a moot point. You’d think they’d be happy they won and on to the regional final. A 1 point win is the same as a 40 point win this time of year. I think they are trying to argue that now while they can, as they know it’s the end of the line this week. Playing in the regional final is nothing to be ashamed about. You did what every other team except 1 in your region couldn’t do...
You are a true asshole. Anyone ever told you that? Why would Ridgewood inform the team they are playing what’s going on in regards to injuries? Wood is happy they won, happy they get a shot at the Tigers. Do you have anything else to do other than pick apart everyone else’s program/team?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I have heard he was done. His backup is a senior and looked comfortable running the offense. He can pass and run, just not as well as Tingle obviously. I still think Ridgewood will be Ironton's toughest test today. Without Tingle, I have the tigers moving on to the state semis.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:32 pm
You are a true asshole. Anyone ever told you that? Why would Ridgewood inform the team they are playing what’s going on in regards to injuries? Wood is happy they won, happy they get a shot at the Tigers. Do you have anything else to do other than pick apart everyone else’s program/team?
Please do not cuss other forum members.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:32 pm
I’ve heard that a few times. Thanks for the reassurance. I haven’t picked apart anyone’s program. Just saying you’re not gonna beat everyone by 30+, especially come playoff time. The teams left aren’t there for no reason. I don’t even expect us to beat everyone by 30+. We are going to get a game sooner or later. We know that. Could be this week. I’ve been expecting it. Hope your guy is better. I’d like to see you all 100% come Saturday

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”