D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton 22 Roger Bacon 19

Kirtland80
All State

Re: D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton vs Roger Bacon

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:21 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:52 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:09 pm

I have 100 percent zero tiger envy. In fact, I’ve been pretty on point with my assessment of them so far. I mean that argument can be made at any level. Does notre dame beat Clemson if Trevor Lawrence plays? Is Ohio state better or worse with fields?
Its a bit of a reach to just declare an absolute based on what if. Wood got bullied in 2nd half. Carter was gettin 6, 7, 8 on every rush in that stack I w Carrico as lead blocker. Also think Wood had trouble w Irontons depth in late quarters. Not buyin Tingle being enough even if he did win a half. We cant declare an absolute result but its more fair to say maybe the game is different & maybe different variables make the whole dynamic, srategy, scheme, approach, different. Ohio State won a natty w a 3rd string QB. 🤷‍♂️
Lol. Ohio State won the natty with a recruited back up QB, they didn’t pull their wide out, who will probably be taking pre reqs at the local junior college next year, in and hand him the the reigns.

You can’t remove the your most dynamic player in division 5 football and expect to just keep doing what you’ve done all year

Does anyone on this board honestly think roger bacon has a shot if Kiner can’t play?
I don’t think they win with Kiner, but over the last 40 games, do you think we haven’t had dynamic players injured? Just last season we had a DB, CB, Safety and a LB injured before the regional final. 3 of the 4 didn’t make it back. Maybe each aren’t as important as a QB or maybe they are but either way I’m pretty sure we could play the same with the backup QB. Actually I’m positive. 2017 we played with a backup all year and made the state final. We lost to Marion Local 34-11 in the championship game but it wasn’t because of the backup. That ML team is the best small school football team I have ever seen and not sure they’ll be another one that good. That is the only time since LaVerde took over that someone has put a running clock on us. They put a runner on us, coldwater and a D3 chaminade julienne and 4 other MAC teams

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:53 am
wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:21 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:52 pm

Its a bit of a reach to just declare an absolute based on what if. Wood got bullied in 2nd half. Carter was gettin 6, 7, 8 on every rush in that stack I w Carrico as lead blocker. Also think Wood had trouble w Irontons depth in late quarters. Not buyin Tingle being enough even if he did win a half. We cant declare an absolute result but its more fair to say maybe the game is different & maybe different variables make the whole dynamic, srategy, scheme, approach, different. Ohio State won a natty w a 3rd string QB. 🤷‍♂️
Lol. Ohio State won the natty with a recruited back up QB, they didn’t pull their wide out, who will probably be taking pre reqs at the local junior college next year, in and hand him the the reigns.

You can’t remove the your most dynamic player in division 5 football and expect to just keep doing what you’ve done all year

Does anyone on this board honestly think roger bacon has a shot if Kiner can’t play?
I don’t think they win with Kiner, but over the last 40 games, do you think we haven’t had dynamic players injured? Just last season we had a DB, CB, Safety and a LB injured before the regional final. 3 of the 4 didn’t make it back. Maybe each aren’t as important as a QB or maybe they are but either way I’m pretty sure we could play the same with the backup QB. Actually I’m positive. 2017 we played with a backup all year and made the state final. We lost to Marion Local 34-11 in the championship game but it wasn’t because of the backup. That ML team is the best small school football team I have ever seen and not sure they’ll be another one that good. That is the only time since LaVerde took over that someone has put a running clock on us. They put a runner on us, coldwater and a D3 chaminade julienne and 4 other MAC teams
Well apparently Kirtland is so good they can lose anyone on their team to injury and still be amazing.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

No they probably just complain less. I love how you guys act like Ridgewoods Qb has never played before. How many blowouts did they have this year? I’m pretty sure that QB has had plenty of snaps the last two season with all the running clocks the generals put on people Maybe he’s no tingle but it’s not like they put a freshman with no reps in there

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Ok let’s get back to Ironton and Bacon now. Sorry to sway away from the topic

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:47 am No they probably just complain less. I love how you guys act like Ridgewoods Qb has never played before. How many blowouts did they have this year? I’m pretty sure that QB has had plenty of snaps the last two season with all the running clocks the generals put on people Maybe he’s no tingle but it’s not like they put a freshman with no reps in there
Had we lost last year I wouldn’t have complained because of injuries. It’s part of the game and as you said, others get their reps too. We may have guys out this year if we win this week. It is what it is...2019 we returned 3 starters from the 2018 squad. I don’t think 1 guy hurt Wood all that bad

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Just have to disagree I suppose. As far as this game, I like ironton. I think this will kind of mirror the prep game but more scoring.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Tommy Chong wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:24 pm So glad Ironton lives rent free in your head. Ironton being the alpha male is hard for you to handle.

I love how Ironton has a couple of good years the last two years and now all of a sudden you all are the alpha males. SMDFH!!!!

Burg owned this series for 8 games in a row up until last year but now you get a couple of good classes (some brought in) and you're on top of the world again. Hopefully Burg gets to play you again next year and knock you off of your high horse.

Alpha Males! That's funny right there I don't care who you are!!!!

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:04 am Just have to disagree I suppose. As far as this game, I like ironton. I think this will kind of mirror the prep game but more scoring.
Did you watch any of the Versailles game? All those fumbles and the onside kick? It was definitely Bacons night that night. I agree with the more scoring but I think it will be on Irontons end. 14 maybe 21 for Bacon but I see Ironton 30+

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:04 am
Tommy Chong wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:24 pm So glad Ironton lives rent free in your head. Ironton being the alpha male is hard for you to handle.

I love how Ironton has a couple of good years the last two years and now all of a sudden you all are the alpha males. SMDFH!!!!

Burg owned this series for 8 games in a row up until last year but now you get a couple of good classes (some brought in) and you're on top of the world again. Hopefully Burg gets to play you again next year and knock you off of your high horse.

I remember watching Burg 2017. Was at the title game in Canton. Went to all 7. Was the best game of the championship games. What a call on 4th and 1. I don’t want to change the topic again. Just wanted to throw that in there

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Don’t sell your kids short. You all are still in the final four in european football. Good luck and congratulations on a successful transition to Soccer.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:51 am Hudepohl, what a great name for a kid from Cincinnati !!!!!

I feel a little sorry for posters who have been reduced to adding nothing but if so and so had been healthy Ironton would have lost.
Bottom line Ironton won so move on.
amen brother dutch.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

Wheelersburg was the Alpha male durning the Vass years. I love the "some bought in" Burg is and has been in the same boat with kids coming from other schools. Go on over to the kickball thread. I just wish some of these Burg posters would have actually played the game. It would make for better postings

inOVCsider
Riding the Bench

Post by inOVCsider »

Ok Wobycat, you are right, if Tingle plays then Ridgewood wins. Thank you for keeping everyone in check. Now on to Ironton v. Roger Bacon

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

inOVCsider wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:11 am Ok Wobycat, you are right, if Tingle plays then Ridgewood wins. Thank you for keeping everyone in check. Now on to Ironton v. Roger Bacon
:roll: Why do people post this way? Just say you disagree, give a reason and move on. It’s a chat forum of opinions. Coming on here knowing this and then getting all bent out of shape about an opinion? You should only get mad at yourself. Especially when you try to change the subject and lend no insight there as well.

inOVCsider
Riding the Bench

Post by inOVCsider »

Did you read the post? I am not bent out of shape. Where does it say that I am bent out of shape? Read the words again, it states that you are correct. I am not mad at you or anyone else. As for changing the subject, I am pretty sure the forum topic is "Ironton v. Roger Bacon" , so you are the one that is off topic my friend. My suggestion is for you to start a thread that states "Ironton would have lost if Tingle plays"

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Based on Dewines press conference last night, is the game still on? Sounded like he said all congregate events that were not conducive to wearing masks. Not trying to change the subject, just seeking an answer, hopefully from someone close to either program.

Good luck to both teams. Hoping the Tigers stay focused and get to compete again after this weekend.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

he will lock us down next Thursday. but here is the rub.... it wont go in effect until Monday like always just in time to let all 7 championships get played that weekend....i called this a month ago..... basketball however is toast this year... im just glad he is waiting.... BTW Ironton wins this week and next!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:13 am

I remember watching Burg 2017. Was at the title game in Canton. Went to all 7. Was the best game of the championship games. What a call on 4th and 1. I don’t want to change the topic again. Just wanted to throw that in there

The beauty of that play is it was told the players wanted to run that. They called it the Tebow play. It is on T-shirts down here in Wheelersburg. It was by far the greatest Burg game I've ever watched and I was at the first championship in 89. That game had so much. Lead changes and big play after big play. It is on Youtube and I go and watch it every now and then. You do know that the Burg QB played on a broken leg on the final drive and OT. Also, I don't think people remember but on the final drive in regulation, Burg actually fumbled the first play of that drive and it was recovered by the Burg center. Then the rest is history.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Taylormade wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:36 am

Wheelersburg was the Alpha male durning the Vass years. I love the "some bought in" Burg is and has been in the same boat with kids coming from other schools. Go on over to the kickball thread. I just wish some of these Burg posters would have actually played the game. It would make for better postings

That's the worst excuse I've ever heard. Doesn't matter who the coach was, Burg still owned them over that time frame. Right now, you have a one game winning streak against them. Let's see what happens next year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

:shock:

Return to “Football”