Fort Frye 2021

RaceEagle
Waterboy

Re: Fort Frye 2021

Post by RaceEagle »

efarns wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:23 pm
RaceEagle wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:45 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:34 pm
If they can find anyone to play them hopefully they can get 10 games. Coal grove said no, so did Shenandoah, River, Wheeling Central, Barnesville, and Caldwell said one more year. Thanks warren, Waterford, Trimble, and williamstown for saying yes. Waiting on athens, waverly and a few other larger southeast teams to say yes or no.
As has been stated MULTIPLE times when FF starts banging the "no one will play us" drum, Ridgewood has reached out numerous times only to be told no every time. I know for a fact the AD along with the Superintendent contacted FF and were told no every time they contacted them.
Gosh. How awful. Ridgewood sounds desperate. I hope they will be okay.
No, I would say it's the constant chest thumping by FF that no one will play them because of their success and then a school reaches out multiple times and gets told no. I think it would be a good pick up for both teams. Wonder why FF continues to say no?

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:16 pm
efarns wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:28 pm
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:38 pm I bet Fort will be LOAAAAAADED this year!
You joke about that, but we weren't wrong.
How’s that a joke when they made final 4? It’s just a funny statement because they are loaded and everyone lets it be known, but they have every right to talk them up. It’s a good program.
Thank you

Not everyone likes us giving accolades to the kids from our town. Not everyone matters, but it's kind of fun to jab those people every once in awhile.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

efarns wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:46 pm
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:16 pm
efarns wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:28 pm

You joke about that, but we weren't wrong.
How’s that a joke when they made final 4? It’s just a funny statement because they are loaded and everyone lets it be known, but they have every right to talk them up. It’s a good program.
Thank you

Not everyone likes us giving accolades to the kids from our town. Not everyone matters, but it's kind of fun to jab those people every once in awhile.
For sure. Lol. Trust me, I’m a Tomcat fan, so we know all about haters.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Southeast Engine
Waterboy

Post by Southeast Engine »

Ft. Frye should be pretty darn good again next year. I watched one of their playoff games. Very disiplened team.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

RaceEagle wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:46 am
RaceEagle wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:45 pm
As has been stated MULTIPLE times when FF starts banging the "no one will play us" drum, Ridgewood has reached out numerous times only to be told no every time. I know for a fact the AD along with the Superintendent contacted FF and were told no every time they contacted them.
No, I would say it's the constant chest thumping by FF that no one will play them because of their success and then a school reaches out multiple times and gets told no. I think it would be a good pick up for both teams. Wonder why FF continues to say no?
It's not just saying yes but also finding a week that works. I hear ff looking at week 2 with ridgewood. Haven't said yes yet, but are looking at it.

nctabulator
Riding the Bench

Post by nctabulator »

According to Arbiter, Ridgewood's schedule is full next year. Unless they're going to cancel a contract, I don't see it.

RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

nctabulator wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:38 pm According to Arbiter, Ridgewood's schedule is full next year. Unless they're going to cancel a contract, I don't see it.
They have already spoken with a team on their schedule that has mutually agreed to terminate the contract if Ridgewood could find another game.

RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

Ff3233 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:58 pm

It's not just saying yes but also finding a week that works. I hear ff looking at week 2 with ridgewood. Haven't said yes yet, but are looking at it.
Well seeing how Arbiter shows FF as having 7 open dates next year, I would say there are multiple weeks that work. Keep in mind it wasn't Ridgewood that repeatedly said no it was FF. And each year before when Ridgewood asked FF it was in response to the week(s) FF had advertised as open and needing games.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Might skip our game to watch that one..make it happen!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

If schedules would permit, I think it would be neat to see something like the Commander In Chief's Trophy played each year between Nelsonville-York, Trimble and Fort Frye. Just like Army, Navy and Air Force play for each year. Those are the three best schools of roughly that size of school year in and year out in this area.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:56 pm If schedules would permit, I think it would be neat to see something like the Commander In Chief's Trophy played each year between Nelsonville-York, Trimble and Fort Frye. Just like Army, Navy and Air Force play for each year. Those are the three best schools of roughly that size of school year in and year out in this area.

That be sweet would of loved the play @Nelsonville. Kinda sad we never got to play @ Boston Field vs NY.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:01 pm
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:56 pm If schedules would permit, I think it would be neat to see something like the Commander In Chief's Trophy played each year between Nelsonville-York, Trimble and Fort Frye. Just like Army, Navy and Air Force play for each year. Those are the three best schools of roughly that size of school year in and year out in this area.

That be sweet would of loved the play @Nelsonville. Kinda sad we never got to play @ Boston Field vs NY.
Yes start this next year and NY will own that trophy for several years. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

koondoger wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:04 am
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:01 pm

Yes start this next year and NY will own that trophy for several years. :mrgreen:

I’m sure NY will play Fort in playoffs.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I disagree that NY would own that trophy but I do think that would be a cool idea.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

RaceEagle wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:09 am
Ff3233 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:58 pm
Well seeing how Arbiter shows FF as having 7 open dates next year, I would say there are multiple weeks that work. Keep in mind it wasn't Ridgewood that repeatedly said no it was FF. And each year before when Ridgewood asked FF it was in response to the week(s) FF had advertised as open and needing games.
Ridgewood asked about week 2, that's it. Not all the other open weeks, just week 2. Yes ff has many weeks open, but when you're trying to possibly manipulate a schedule containing maybe waverly, ridgewood, wheelersburg, or zanesville there are alot of moving parts. Who was asked first and for what week type of stuff. Does ff want to run that gauntlet against those bigger schools, honestly I'd say no. Will they possibly have to, maybe yes. The complaints regarding people dropping us mainly deals with teams of comparable size that we've played for more than 30 years straight. They pounded on us for years, now we are the ones doing the pounding and now they drop us. Yes ff needs games, but does any team want to fill their schedule with final 8 teams 1 and 2 divisions bigger than them. Other than maybe kirtland, I'd say no. Time will tell. Maybe we open with waverly, then ridegewood, and then eventually play burg and zanesville. That would be one helluva schedule for a seo d6 team

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

If Ridgewood only has one open date, why is it so difficult to fill that they have to keep begging Fort Frye for a game?

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

If you look at Ridgewoods schedule on arbiter they have a completed schedule for 2021. Week two is Riverview.

RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

efarns wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:58 pm If Ridgewood only has one open date, why is it so difficult to fill that they have to keep begging Fort Frye for a game?
Ridgewood does not have an open date. They did when they approached FF. However, they have a mutual agreement with one of their weeks that if they can find someone else, they will mutually opt out of the contract. Ridgewood is always looking for new opponents which is why they approached FF.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

NY BUCK wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:48 pm I disagree that NY would own that trophy but I do think that would be a cool idea.
It'll be a while until Nelsonville beats Trimble. So the trophy would be between Trimble and the Fort for the first few years I would say.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

If only ny didn't drop ff off the schedule. Could've had a de facto championship. Our "field" isn't good enough for ny to play on

Return to “Football”