South Gallia to SOC?

NY BUCK
All State

Re: South Gallia to SOC?

Post by NY BUCK »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:55 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:13 pm Has anybody heard if River Valley will join them or are they staying in the TVC?
I can’t see RV wanting to play Waverly and Wheelersburg in the SOC2. Too big for the SOC1. I wouldn’t mind RV leaving since we could add Warren and Fort Frye. RV would never vote for them
I agree with both of your points there. No offense to anybody from RV but I’ve been an advocate for them leaving the league since they joined.

JacksonMayor
Waterboy

Post by JacksonMayor »

meatswinger wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:01 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:36 am River Valley and South Gailia vote Fort Frye down for TVC then bolt.
Yep. Wanted to throw a wrench in the plan to force us out and do it on our own terms. That was a final dig we thought we could get in before we left. We'll keep voting "no" too for as long as we can still vote. :mrgreen:
Does this mean you will help us get into the TVC?

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

JacksonMayor wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:26 pm
meatswinger wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:01 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:36 am River Valley and South Gailia vote Fort Frye down for TVC then bolt.
Yep. Wanted to throw a wrench in the plan to force us out and do it on our own terms. That was a final dig we thought we could get in before we left. We'll keep voting "no" too for as long as we can still vote. :mrgreen:
Does this mean you will help us get into the TVC?
You are probably best to steer clear. They've set the Hocking back 20 years with their crazy plans and allowing one school to dictate the direction of the whole conference. :mrgreen:

NotBlizzardMan
Waterboy

Post by NotBlizzardMan »

WELL THAT SEALS IT UP. MIGHT AS WELL CHANGE THE NAME TO THE WFCIO. I HOPE THE LEAGUE LEADERSHIP CAN PAT THEMSELVES ON THE BACK. THEY HAVE RUINED THE BEST CONFERENCE AROUND.

OH DANNY BOY!

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

NotBlizzardMan wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:34 pm WELL THAT SEALS IT UP. MIGHT AS WELL CHANGE THE NAME TO THE WFCIO. I HOPE THE LEAGUE LEADERSHIP CAN PAT THEMSELVES ON THE BACK. THEY HAVE RUINED THE BEST CONFERENCE AROUND.

OH DANNY BOY!
Pretty accurate. But at least they're running is their mindset. Doesn't matter if they run it into the ground as long as they're running it. :mrgreen:

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

You guys are dumb. Danny and Anthony have a pplan to make Racine the best team in the league. Now if we can just get rid of Trimble. Waterford, and Eastern.

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

Call it the WFCIO if that makes you happy but we will dominate before its over.

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

The TVC President and officers change every year by the school names alphabet. No one school has the power. It is controlled by principals's vote overseen by the superintendents.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:51 am
Tartanblue wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:09 pm Also does this mean Northwest could be moving back to the SOC II
Yeah I believe I read on here that starting in 2022 NW moves back up to SOCII.
Northwest moves back in 2023.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Fletchlives wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:44 pm The TVC President and officers change every year by the school names alphabet. No one school has the power. It is controlled by principals's vote overseen by the superintendents.
No sir. That all changed a few years ago. The principal of one school was voted in as president. They changed the by laws so he can remain as such for as long as no one runs against him. The principals of the other schools are either too lazy to do it or they don't care about what happens. We are now seeing the results of that mistake. Down to 6 teams in the Hocking Division and counting, spiraling downward. We're out. :mrgreen:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:37 pm
Tartanblue wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:09 pm Also does this mean Northwest could be moving back to the SOC II
Dang, right after they graduate 2 of their bigger classes though.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

IMO it's not necessarily a bad thing that Wahama and South Gallia won't be in the league. Now maybe they will bring in Fort Frye, Warren and Marietta and realign things!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:12 am
BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:37 pm

Dang, right after they graduate 2 of their bigger classes though.
This coming year would be better. But it is what it is.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Fletchlives wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:35 am IMO it's not necessarily a bad thing that Wahama and South Gallia won't be in the league. Now maybe they will bring in Fort Frye, Warren and Marietta and realign things!
Well, we've already read on another thread that NY won't move down and Trimble doesn't want to move up. Those are the only two logical choices I can see. I'm sure RV would love to move down to avoid the beatings they've been taking, but is that really a smart thing to do based on their size? Also, that puts the Hocking teams that hate driving to SG back to making those horribly long trips to nowhere again. So how would you realign things?

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Fletchlives wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:35 am IMO it's not necessarily a bad thing that Wahama and South Gallia won't be in the league. Now maybe they will bring in Fort Frye, Warren and Marietta and realign things!
Since Southern took over running the league they've lost Wahama, Miller and South Gallia from the Hocking Division in a little over a year. That's unprecedented and not good for the league, especially when it comes to football. I don't think the exodus will stop there. Just keep in mind, if it doesn't benefit Southern it ain't gonna be allowed to happen. :o

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

...I get the impression that, with South Gallia leaving, Miller may look to come back to the TVC.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

NY BUCK wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:02 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:55 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:13 pm Has anybody heard if River Valley will join them or are they staying in the TVC?
I can’t see RV wanting to play Waverly and Wheelersburg in the SOC2. Too big for the SOC1. I wouldn’t mind RV leaving since we could add Warren and Fort Frye. RV would never vote for them
I agree with both of your points there. No offense to anybody from RV but I’ve been an advocate for them leaving the league since they joined.
Again what options would RV besides going independent? The only like size schools within any half way reasonable distance is the OVC and that bridge has been burned.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

The TVC Hocking was good to South Gallia over the years. The TVC was the only conference that was willing to take them in when the GCLSD Superintendent told them to get in a league or form a league. Two of South Gallia’s football playoff appearances are because of the TVC Hocking. The TVC Hocking was a playoff creating machine when there were 9 schools in the Hocking. Four of the Boys Basketball trips to the Conco were helped by playing theTVC schedule and the same for Girls Basketball, Softball,and Volleyball.

The travel distance wore on everyone and just about every school would complain when they showed up at SG. But the other schools seem to forget that SG had more traveling to do than anyone else. But possibly the one of the biggest factors in the schools leaving the Hocking could be the continued dominance of Trimble and that they seem to be improving more and more all the time.

I believe that South Gallia tried 10 times before getting into the SOC I, 8 of those times was before they were in the TVC Hocking.

Norman Knight
Riding the Bench

Post by Norman Knight »

I guess you can call me crazy, but I would like to see the TVC look something like this. In this scenario, it would get Warren, Marietta, and Fort Frye in the league. My main focus with the TVC-1 and 2 was school size. Then with the TVC-3 and 4, I tried to geographically align them. I know some schools like Vinton County would not like this, but I tried to even up the divisions for football scheduling.

TVC-1
Logan
Warren
Marietta
Athens
Vinton County

TVC-2
Meigs
River Valley
Alexander
Wellston
Nelsonville

TVC-3
Southern
Eastern
Trimble
Federal Hocking
Belpre

TVC-4
Waterford
Fort Frye
Caldwell
Shenandoah
Frontier

If they were to allow Miller back in, put them in the TVC-3 and not allow Caldwell, Shenandoah, or Frontier in. The TVC-3 and TVC-4 are more based on geographical situations. For scheduling purposes have a crossover game between TVC-1 and 2 and then 3 and 4 included as league games. For other sports, play the teams in your division 2x and then play the other teams (1 and 2; 3 and 4) once. That would be a total of 13 league games. With the subject of Vinton County in this scenario, they are a decent bit smaller than the other schools in their division, but they are the biggest out of the TVC-2 schools (I am pretty sure). Just putting my ideas out there. Tell me what you think.

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

I like this ldiea as long as the new conference name is the WFCIO.

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!

Return to “Football”