Scrimmages

ITigers
Waterboy

Re: Scrimmages

Post by ITigers »

I wouldn’t be So sure. I watched that kid dissect ironton tonight. Very crisp routes and physical. He is for real.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Dissect lol. He was on the ground as much as on his feet.
Waverly couldn't run the ball and yes he had a couple nice throws. Irontons defensive line was in the backfield every other snap. Refs blew the whistle several times before Ironton was allowed to keep being physical

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

tigerfan98 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:20 am Dissect lol. He was on the ground as much as on his feet.
Waverly couldn't run the ball and yes he had a couple nice throws. Irontons defensive line was in the backfield every other snap. Refs blew the whistle several times before Ironton was allowed to keep being physical
MMMM, you do realize they've been talking about Will Fuethey the WR right?? You're talking about couple nice throws and DL in the backfield not sure you're on the same page.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton will have arguably the best run defense in the area. Their secondary will be ok but I could see how waverly could have had some mismatches. I’m more surprised on how well Waverly was able to defend according to the breakdown.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Richard Noggin wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:45 pm
smurray wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:54 pm Waverly getting a lot of kids in on defense on that multiple play drive in which Ironton scored on 5 yard run.
The freshman Robertson played well at linebacker I thought.
Yes, Robertson looked really good.. Waverly defense looked to be much improved over last year. Missing the O-linemen last night hurt, hopefully get them back soon.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

wobycat wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:54 am Ironton will have arguably the best run defense in the area. Their secondary will be ok but I could see how waverly could have had some mismatches. I’m more surprised on how well Waverly was able to defend according to the breakdown.
Waverly’s DEFENSE much much improved with players all over the field and depth…

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg will scrimmage Monday. I’ll try to see what they can bring this season.

Seeyaat7
Waterboy

Post by Seeyaat7 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:00 pm Burg will scrimmage Monday. I’ll try to see what they can bring this season.
Who? Last I heard this Friday vs Russell.. 🤔

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Seeyaat7 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:23 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:00 pm Burg will scrimmage Monday. I’ll try to see what they can bring this season.
You’re right. Friday. My bad.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Friday vs. Raceland according to the schedule I’ve seen...we play Russell week 3

Seeyaat7
Waterboy

Post by Seeyaat7 »

522Pirate wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:36 pm Friday vs. Raceland according to the schedule I’ve seen...we play Russell week 3
You are correct.. Raceland on Friday the 13th.. got a little ahead of myself there.. lol just eager to get the season going!

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

No worries...I’m in the same boat lol...just happened to have the schedule nearby

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:58 pm
With the covid issues at Burg presently is the scrimmage in question? Are these live reps replaceable should any contact tracing issues arrive given that the window before week one is getting smaller and smaller by the day? I understand there is a fair amount of inexperience at some key positions for Burg. All things considered and factoring in the SOS for Burg in 1st half of the season, is it fair to say a healthy amount of concern right now is pretty realistic?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

SpeedKillz wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:47 am

With the covid issues at Burg presently is the scrimmage in question? Are these live reps replaceable should any contact tracing issues arrive given that the window before week one is getting smaller and smaller by the day? I understand there is a fair amount of inexperience at some key positions for Burg. All things considered and factoring in the SOS for Burg in 1st half of the season, is it fair to say a healthy amount of concern right now is pretty realistic?
no different than any other year as far as some inexperience somewhere and tough opening schedule. Oh and people on here predicting a 1-3, 0-4 start for burg just like every year :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Why don't you worry about Ironton and let Burg worry about Burg?

I'm sure if Burg pulls off the HUGE upset you will be the first one on here congratulating Burg on the win!!! ;) ;) ;)

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Anyone know when valley next scrimmage is?

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Has Valley scrimmaged yet?

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:06 am

I'm sure if Burg pulls off the HUGE upset you will be the first one on here congratulating Burg on the win!!! ;) ;) ;)
I'm hearing some more innuendo about how the covid contact tracing issue ongoing at burg may keep them from having games for 1st couple wks of season?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:02 pm

I'm hearing some more innuendo about how the covid contact tracing issue ongoing at burg may keep them from having games for 1st couple wks of season?
As of right now. Not true.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:24 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:02 pm

As of right now. Not true.
Very good. Hope things go smoothly as possible.

Return to “Football”