Burg vs Ironton 2021

SpeedKillz

Re: Burg vs Ironton 2021

Post by SpeedKillz »

Bfan99 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:13 pm I applaud Ironton on the Carter situation for not putting any information out there regarding a 16-17 year old kid. I seen where Ironton had a team photo retake and Carter was not present. Looks like one of the biggest ironton teams I’ve seen in awhile from the photo. Other than the kirtland game I don’t think people remember the dominance Ironton had on the defense Dline and Oline and most of those guys are back. I look for Ironton to surprise a lot of us and win in a blow out even if the QB doesn’t play
They put tons of info out about a 16/17 yr old kid when it suits the desired narrative.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Bfan99 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:13 pm I applaud Ironton on the Carter situation for not putting any information out there regarding a 16-17 year old kid. I seen where Ironton had a team photo retake and Carter was not present. Looks like one of the biggest ironton teams I’ve seen in awhile from the photo. Other than the kirtland game I don’t think people remember the dominance Ironton had on the defense Dline and Oline and most of those guys are back. I look for Ironton to surprise a lot of us and win in a blow out even if the QB doesn’t play
In terms of line dominance that's made much easier with some of the guys they had last season and those guys are gone. Carrico isn't back there running the ball and Carter is gone as well. Ironton struggled to move the ball against Waverly and that's with Waverly missing some guys up front so that might be a bit more of a concern than some want to believe. In OVC play absolutely I don't believe it'll be an issue, and I think Ironton's non-league schedule will do a lot to prepare them come playoff time. However, let's not act like a team is so good that they can play without the QB and still win in a blow out against a team like Burg. To me that's like you've totally written off the Burg game then, because you're saying our DL and OL are so good we don't even need the QB to play and we'll blow them out. WOW. I look for a close game and I believe the DL will keep Ironton in it but I'm not sold on the OL given the struggles they had trying to run the ball against Waverly. I wouldn't be shocked if they won but I would be shocked if either team blew out the other especially if one is missing their starting QB.

ITigers
Waterboy

Post by ITigers »

IMO, the starting quarterback has proven himself to be the guy leading the team against waverly and midland. He is progressively getting better with the more reps. He is very dangerous with his feet and decision making process and will only continue to improve.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Midland moved the ball easily against Ironton.

Also, Midland is a big school yes ( enrollment) but they are far from a wv powerhouse in football. That would be Martinsburg. And they are also not even the best team in their conference ( MSAC) that would be South Charleston with several D1 recruits returning. I think Ironton has their hands full this friday and next.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Too many unknowns for both.

I think its a toss up this friday.
I think Ironton may lose to Jackson
Win vs Fairland
Lose to Moeller.

Ironton could potentially be 1 -3 or 2 - 2 going into week 5.
Same for Burg.

Just too many unknowns atm.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Seriously? is there really any doubt in anyone's mind what's going to go down in Tank Stadium Friday night?

I also don't understand the knocking Kentucky football. Most schools in southern-Ohio would be quickly mercy ruled with that garbage OHSAA dreamed up...which takes away a lot of the younger boys a chance to play

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

ITigers wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:16 pm IMO, the starting quarterback has proven himself to be the guy leading the team against waverly and midland. He is progressively getting better with the more reps. He is very dangerous with his feet and decision making process and will only continue to improve.
Whats the injury status of QB1? He has missed both preseason games yea? Has this injury lingered? When did it happen? Any word on return or is whoever is next man up now QB1 for the forseeable future?

Cause like it or not, THIS changes a TON.

This means essentially, Ironton has lost everything they lost to graduation as well as, Carter and QB1. This means questions now, where they allegedly did not exist along w the questions we knew existed. Now we have big question marks at QB1. In the backfield. In the defensive secondary. And it also means a significant drop in experience at crucial skill positions on both sides of the ball.

The funny turned way Ironton has handled this while also being very welcoming to the media ( & social media) kinda seems really odd. A season ending injury lingered for Carter? Or just occured? Didnt occur in scrimmage. He wasnt in them. So at practice then? And an official medical prognosis didnt come in until AFTER team pics, the UT visit, two scrimmages, less than three wks before wk one and instead of being an injured member of the team you're leaving the team all together and the team has to take time for new pics so you are not in em?

Ironton and Burg both go into fri night w their own respective questions about what kinda team they are gonna be. I don't think I'm being hyperbolic when I suggest a peculiar odor in the Ironton locker room. Still think too many unknowns exist to call it but I am also starting to wonder if Burg will be more mentally and emotionally focused on the moment?

Strange vibes in Tiger town.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I’ve seen clips of both teams. Both have some good players. I don’t think either are ready to say they are d5 state contenders. Hoping for an injury free game. There are more games after this one.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:47 pm

Here is my question. What knowledge/info are you using to form your prediction? What is it based on specifically?

The past two seasons have all involved the highest level of quality opponents any of their upcoming scheduled opponents have faced.

They’re deep, talented, & broadly balanced… STILL!

Those facts will serve them well plus TONS of team off season conditioning & skilled position training.

What will be the equalizer is past playing time.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:33 am

Here is my question. What knowledge/info are you using to form your prediction? What is it based on specifically?

The past two seasons have all involved the highest level of quality opponents any of their upcoming scheduled opponents have faced.

Those facts will serve them well plus TONS of team off season conditioning & skilled position training.

Did new QB1 throw two pics in Waverly scrimmage?

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Cabell Midland moved the ball on the ground against the varsity defense pretty easily. Midlands decent but they are far from a powerhouse. Not even the best team in their conference ( msac) Just a school w a big enrollment.

These narratives coming outta Ironton seem to be all over the place rn. I think there is some legitimate concern rn going into fri night.

Seeyaat7
Waterboy

Post by Seeyaat7 »

Not sure what’s going on in Arnton.. and regardless of what’s really happening behind the scenes.. I’m guessing that Pendleton is smart enough to realize that it’s causing the Tiger faithful to be concerned! ..and rightfully so! Especially this week… week 1- against one of your top rivals.. The Burg! The success the Tigers have had the last two years has the folks of Arnton excited again about Tiger football.. Hell, up until the last couple of weeks, most of Arnton faithful already had their bags packed for a 3peat trip to state.lol …. Well, let’s not get that suitcase out just yet.. your golden boy Carrico is now a Buckeye, Carter, who like Carrico was a god send and was supposed to fill that void…. broke his ar… I mean, Qui.. I mean, is taking a year of…uhmmm.. let’s just skip him for now.. Carpenter is injured, which brings to questions who is #2 is, how much game experience does he have? ….. so many uncertainties!! At least our line is big! Yes, our line is filled with some really big boys…… ut oh… those Lattimore boys are fast as lightening!! So big doesn’t really mean a hill of beans.. you know, The more I write, the more I’m starting to think Arnton’s slogan this year should be “Two and through” cause it sounds like things are a mess in Tiger town.. and once The Burg reclaims the belt this Friday night… it’ll be confirmed! #goburg #countonme

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

SpeedKillz wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:39 am

Did new QB1 throw two pics in Waverly scrimmage?
Why does that matter?

I stated facts including the pros/cons.

There is New QB
There is a New Backfield.

They deserve the focus.

Who is QB1?????
Who is FB?
Who is RB?
Is there a talented WR?
How’s the DL/OL?

Have you heard anyone mention those names?

I’m in FL & found that out in past 48 hours.

It’s clear to me that the team has had to move on…

It’s also known that Carter & Carpenter have Twitter.

Follow them to get the fill desired.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

I love that Burg fans sees Ironton as weak because of two situations that can't be controlled. I hope Burg thinks they can run over our great defensive line. There's no question that the offense will be different, but maybe go to a practice or scrimmage and see these athletes. Loaded both sides of the ball. Ironton needed time to figure out whose playing. Can't wait until Friday. It will be excuses of recruiting I'm sure

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:42 pm Midland moved the ball easily against Ironton.

Also, Midland is a big school yes ( enrollment) but they are far from a wv powerhouse in football. That would be Martinsburg. And they are also not even the best team in their conference ( MSAC) that would be South Charleston with several D1 recruits returning. I think Ironton has their hands full this friday and next.

Cabell Midland is returning 15 starters off a team that went undefeated last year and was ranked #1 in WV. They also are picked to win the MSAC in 2021. I think Midland is suppose to be very good.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

tigerfan98 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:31 am I love that Burg fans sees Ironton as weak because of two situations that can't be controlled. I hope Burg thinks they can run over our great defensive line. There's no question that the offense will be different, but maybe go to a practice or scrimmage and see these athletes. Loaded both sides of the ball. Ironton needed time to figure out whose playing. Can't wait until Friday. It will be excuses of recruiting I'm sure
Just FYI, the "Burg Fans" that say Ironton is weak and that Burg will run through the O/D lines of Ironton are in the minority......significant minority.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Hearing Burg has 2 major injuries that won’t be playing Friday night.QB and TE

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Bfan99 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:12 am Hearing Burg has 2 major injuries that won’t be playing Friday night.QB and TE
Knew about the QB. Starting TE or one of the backups? They have 3 this year that seemed to get a lot of reps in scrimmage and 7v7's. The soph will probably end up being the best of the bunch. Good size and hands.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

TE Arthur

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Bfan99 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:50 amTE Arthur
That's a tough one. Any word on what the injury is?

Return to “Football”