River Valley at Piketon

transplant
SE

Re: River Valley at Piketon

Post by transplant »

Flexworth wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:23 am
transplant wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:27 am So you are saying it will be a shootout? last team with the ball wins?
I think piketon will score quick and often, but River valley will grind it out running the ball and eating the clock. I can’t see either team stopping the others offense.
cool. 2 different styles of play, should be an interesting match up.

Wakefield.Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by Wakefield.Warrior »

Flexworth wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:23 am
transplant wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:27 am So you are saying it will be a shootout? last team with the ball wins?
I think piketon will score quick and often, but River valley will grind it out running the ball and eating the clock. I can’t see either team stopping the others offense.
If that’s the case, hopefully Piketon gets smart and loads up. Making RV beat them through the air. We shall see.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Does RV have any type of passing game at all?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

The wing t offense forces a defense to be disciplined and stay at home and do your job. Small lineman splits means the fron for Piketon will have to control the LOS and not let the oline get a push. LB’s for Piketon will need to not get pulled in on the counter trey, qb keep and be prepared for play action. From the films I have watched they run play action passes pretty well.

Piketon has faced the wing t for several years with southeastern and scrimmage with mcclain. Piketons defense must control the LOS, a problem they have had before.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

You sure RV runs the Wing-T? I did not see that when RV scrimmaged SV.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Sorry, double wing, or whatever its called, two wing backs, qb under center, 1 running back.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Wish Piketon still had Waverly week 1, alas good luck to our fellow Pike County school

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Wakefield.Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by Wakefield.Warrior »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:26 am The wing t offense forces a defense to be disciplined and stay at home and do your job. Small lineman splits means the fron for Piketon will have to control the LOS and not let the oline get a push. LB’s for Piketon will need to not get pulled in on the counter trey, qb keep and be prepared for play action. From the films I have watched they run play action passes pretty well.

Piketon has faced the wing t for several years with southeastern and scrimmage with mcclain. Piketons defense must control the LOS, a problem they have had before.
Agreed….controlling the LOS separates the best from the rest. Guys in trenches can control the game and don’t get enough credit at times.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Piketons offense will put up points but also think River Valley will be able to as well. RV I don’t believe is all that great but until Piketons defense shows they can stop somebody I believe the majority of their games this year will be close. That analysis is based off of Piketons track record of bad defense and it looks like they may have changed to a 3-3 stack, which is very hard to defend the run out of.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Sounding like this game may have been canceled. Just saw a tweet from Jacob Smith from the PDT that the Redstreaks will be traveling to Minford.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Truth.

Minford hosting Piketon tomorrow night

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

interesting change of events, but glad it worked out for both teams.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I'll still take Piketon. Levi put up huge numbers against the falcons last year.

Return to “Football”