Ironton v Burg 2020

ohiobuckeye3
Waterboy

Re: Ironton v Burg 2020

Post by ohiobuckeye3 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:39 pm
frankie wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:34 pm Think what you want, it's always closer than the score with you. LOL.
Enjoy those transfers. They help you guys tremendously
We will enjoy them but that was the weakest Wheelersburg team I have ever seen. They are not looking any better they didn’t want any of the Fighting Tigers.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Can I just say that I agree with Woby? If you take away all of Ironton’s transfers, and coaches, and equipment, and students, and points, that Wheelersburg wins 6-0. Will Joe Eitel recognize this undeniable fact? Well if the OHSAA has any guts they will. We will see.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Kicker. wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:08 am the whole thing with transfers cracks me up. You have one life to play high school football and some kids choose to go somewhere else to where they feel they will enjoy it and build life long memories from. yet we have grown people who are upset at their decision who’d thunk it
Been saying this for many years, the only ppl who worry or care about transfers are the adults. That's all I'm going to say on the transfer thing because it's not fair to this game or these kids that this game every year gets talked about by who transferred where and who got who.

Bottom line is everyone has to suit up and play the game, sounds as if Burg had to many turnovers and let this game get out of hand. Were the turnovers self inflicted or did the defense simply make a nice play to force the issue??

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

greygoose wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:08 am
Kicker. wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:08 am the whole thing with transfers cracks me up. You have one life to play high school football and some kids choose to go somewhere else to where they feel they will enjoy it and build life long memories from. yet we have grown people who are upset at their decision who’d thunk it
Been saying this for many years, the only ppl who worry or care about transfers are the adults. That's all I'm going to say on the transfer thing because it's not fair to this game or these kids that this game every year gets talked about by who transferred where and who got who.

Bottom line is everyone has to suit up and play the game, sounds as if Burg had to many turnovers and let this game get out of hand. Were the turnovers self inflicted or did the defense simply make a nice play to force the issue??
The Wilson kid made a nice play on the interception return for a TD for sure read the play stepped in front of the receiver and picked the ball of fumbles are always a self inflicted thing to me no excuse for fumbling in any situation

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:22 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:18 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:12 am 40-6 beatings like this will attract even more talent to I Town

That’s what it takes for them to compete these days.

In the big picture it really doesn’t matter because no one is touching Kirtland again. That’s JMO!!!
Wheelersburg softball is loaded with recruits and they can’t win it all
Actually, Burgs softball team had one kid that moved in sophomore year. The rest had always lived in Burg or attended elementary school in Burg.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:16 am This thread turned into about what I expected it would post-game. Burg takes care of ball and they are in this game. However, Ironton definitely stronger up front on both sides of ball. Will be interesting if these 2 meet up again in playoffs and Burg plays a clean game.

As for the transfers, no school out there going to turn a stud away if he wants to transfer in. Right now Ironton is the place to be for kids looking around, but things change every few years. Burg ain’t gonna be down for long...*
Exactly, if a kid has the potential to get an athletic scholarship, you think they’re going to go to a school like South Point, Rock Hill, or any school, that isn’t known for having a winning program? They’re going to go where they’ll have greatest chance to be noticed.

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:27 pm
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:22 pm ^ The excuse you have doesn't matter! The competitive balance number is what it is for a reason. Does the OHSAA buy your argument that these kids live just kinda outside the district? Guess what it doesn't matter, W'burg is one of the absolute highest for public schools in the entire state.
You are correct and so is yabbadabba. Burg has quite a few kids that live just outside the lines of burg. It balloons the CB.

But in my opinion, having kids attend your schools their entire school life isn’t the same as getting a bunch of kids during high school like the one from valley who’s a terrific talent to play on a team for two years. He’s a proven player. He absolutely increases ironton chances of winning
Oh of course you don't, b/c it doesn't fit your narrative. The OHSAA isn't going to change the rule on how they figure the CB just to cater to Wburg.

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Watching this game again Wilson made such a great play on that interception it wasn’t a bad call by Burg he just made a good read and took it to the house

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

In my opinion open enrollment and transfers although a lot of people may not like it it has leveled the playing field with the private and Catholic schools who have aleays been able to go out and get any players that they wanted without regards to district boundaries

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

IMO, for wheelersburg folks to complain about transfers to other schools is the pinnacle of hypocrisy. Yet they can't see it...
Speedkillz, you're hard to figure out. You seemed so anti-Ironton before the game - but now you're coming off as neutral. Maybe I'm reading you wrong or something.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

LockHerUp wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:04 am IMO, for wheelersburg folks to complain about transfers to other schools is the pinnacle of hypocrisy. Yet they can't see it...
Speedkillz, you're hard to figure out. You seemed so anti-Ironton before the game - but now you're coming off as neutral. Maybe I'm reading you wrong or something.
That’s ironton and everyone else’s argument when it comes to this. Last night ironton fielded 6 starters that came to ironton in HIgh School.

Please don’t say well burg got this guy once and then this guy once. Both burg and ironton have Benefited from those types for thirty plus years. This is completely different. If Burg had 6 players that played for different high schools the previous two seasons, this forum would have to be on lock.

I retire from my argument on this because I’m not going to convince those who want to gloss over it. Speed kills is the
Only ironton fan that knows exactly what I’m talking about.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:37 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:29 am So in sumation Ironton is not only beating Burg on the field but they are a more atrractive destination for any potential incomimg talent and they are also doing a better job of developing the talent they do get?

That sounds like Burgs program is simply getting passed by Irontons program.

Nah, most of the talent they are bringing in are Seniors who have been developed by another coach, probably since Junior High and then for there last year of HS they just up and decide to leave there coach, school and friends to go play at Ironton. Doesn’t that seem odd to you??

These days, if you are good college coaches will notice you. Way to much video out there on a stud player.

Hhhhmmmmmm!! Very interesting!!!
Nah. Happens everyday man. It just seems new and odd to you cause seo is small, slow, and kinda like a secluded lil bubble.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:37 pm
LockHerUp wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:04 am IMO, for wheelersburg folks to complain about transfers to other schools is the pinnacle of hypocrisy. Yet they can't see it...
That’s ironton and everyone else’s argument when it comes to this. Last night ironton fielded 6 starters that came to ironton in HIgh School.

Please don’t say well burg got this guy once and then this guy once. Both burg and ironton have Benefited from those types for thirty plus years. This is completely different. If Burg had 6 players that played for different high schools the previous two seasons, this forum would have to be on lock.

I retire from my argument on this because I’m not going to convince those who want to gloss over it. Speed kills is the
Only ironton fan that knows exactly what I’m talking about.
Hey "lock her up" see thats ya problem in small town usa. You think loyalty or allegiance is measured in blind conformity so objective analysis and critical thinking feel like an attack to you. Thats also a big reason why you small towners are watching your regions shrink and die also. You're terrified of reality. Smh

Being objective and critical means you are honest. You gomers are just soft.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Hey "Speedkillz"... I simply questioned the inconsistent nature of your posts. And they are inconsistent. How in the world you conclude - from my post - that I'm "terrified of reality" is insane and shows zero rational thought. You're way too touchy, schizophrenic, arrogant, and not nearly as smart as you think you are.

Pseudo-intellectual: a person who wants to be thought of as having a lot of intelligence and knowledge but who is not really intelligent or knowledgeable.

By the way, post whatever you want after this. I'm not wasting my time any more regardless of your response.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:30 am Watching this game again Wilson made such a great play on that interception it wasn’t a bad call by Burg he just made a good read and took it to the house
He sat and waited. Read the playcall. Burg was predictable. Great defensive execution for Wilson

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

LockHerUp wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:41 pm Hey "Speedkillz"... I simply questioned the inconsistent nature of your posts. And they are inconsistent. How in the world you conclude - from my post - that I'm "terrified of reality" is insane and shows zero rational thought. You're way too touchy, schizophrenic, arrogant, and not nearly as smart as you think you are.

Pseudo-intellectual: a person who wants to be thought of as having a lot of intelligence and knowledge but who is not really intelligent or knowledgeable.

By the way, post whatever you want after this. I'm not wasting my time any more regardless of your response.
You openly acknowledge trying to determine someones loyalty on a prep sports platform based on how much of a sycophant you feel like they are by a post, but you're also in touch w reality? 🤔😂

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Well the game is over. The annual keep talking about the game continues. The harvest has gotten to the barn. The crap continues to build in the cattle barn. Some people have their manure spreaders out slinging it over everything. The game is still over and the score will not change no matter what the manure lands on. Good luck to both teams this season.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

The Burg has some fine coaches , but if you don't have the horses it does.t matter who's coaching. Every body runs out of talent at some point.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

All I read this past offseason was the Lattimore's, the great sophomore class, the small but fast offensive line, and the flying to the ball defense. A team that will surprise alot of people. :roll: What I saw was a physically weak football team. Period. For all the penalties and mistakes the Tigers made Burg still couldn't stop them. Woby, I don't think you can do it, but it would serve you not to spend the rest of this season on Tiger threads, accusing them of doing things the Burg has been doing themselves for years. On this site and the other site I've seen you post trash about the Tigers on.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Good job Tigers

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”