Wow, Eastern with its 4th opponent this week (Eastern v Coal Grove)

2trap_4ever
S

Re: Wow, Eastern with its 4th opponent this week (Eastern v Coal Grove)

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Update?

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Last I heard it was 22-0 Coal Grove.. 6 left in 1st.

That was about 26 mins ago.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Thanks

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

30-0.

6:30 left in 2nd

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Coal Grove - 30

Eastern - 8

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Chase Hall scored.

Coal Grove - 36

Eastern - 8

Hall has about 220 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Touchdown runs of 66,62, and 31. Heck off a game for the junior so far.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Coal Grove - 54

Eastern - 8

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Matt77 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:07 pm Coal Grove - 54

Eastern - 8
OUCH....looks like CG found it's way but then again this was a game that should've ended this way.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Can someone from CG please explain this to me?

They cancel on Valley and send the Valley administration scrambling. Valley ends up going to play NW twice in a couple of weeks. Yet CG is in good enough shape to go to Eastern and win by 40+.

I would love to hear the reasoning behind ducking out of the Valley game.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:20 am Can someone from CG please explain this to me?

They cancel on Valley and send the Valley administration scrambling. Valley ends up going to play NW twice in a couple of weeks. Yet CG is in good enough shape to go to Eastern and win by 40+.

Yeah, I was confused by it as well. I was told by a parent of a CG player earlier in the week that the varsity football team was shutting down until Monday 8/30 due to Covid. Not sure how they were able to play this game if that was the case.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

Covid Crutch, as BFry stated. We are going to see this jockeying all year for equitable matchups across the state.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

ValleyStrong wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:32 am Covid Crutch, as BFry stated. We are going to see this jockeying all year for equitable matchups across the state.
"Equitable matchups"

The game ended 54-8.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:20 am Can someone from CG please explain this to me?

This was addressed by OVC poster on page 1, seems as if CG had contact tracing to run down in doing so they let Valley know as soon as they could so they could find another game with plenty of time. Meanwhile during this time Eastern had 3 different teams have to cancel at which point looks like CG found out on Friday that they would be eligible to play a game but it would have to be on Saturday obviously. So Eastern who had schedule Wahama for Saturday now took on Coal Grove. Valley isn't some juggernaut so I don't believe CG was ducking them, would you rather them not say anything at all and then come game time they find out they couldn't play and call Valley and say sorry no game?? Valley choosing to play NW because they didn't want to travel or go outside farther to find someone is on them. I mean Valley won and probably will end up gaining more points from NW than CG anyways.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ValleyStrong wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:32 am Covid Crutch, as BFry stated. We are going to see this jockeying all year for equitable matchups across the state.
So we're calling it a "covid crutch", so what does that mean for the first 3 teams that canceled on Eastern?? They were all in on some conspiracy for CG to get to play Eastern. LOL. You don't think Eastern would've much rather played Huntington or Southern both equal and winnable games comparable to having to scramble as much as they had to?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Earlier in the week CG didn't know they were eligible to play Saturday? Couldn't have told Valley when they canceled, "hey, we can play Saturday instead of Friday, is that cool?" They waited til friday to found out that they in fact can play?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

The other 3 teams that cancelled didn't end up playing game did they?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

transplant wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:48 am Earlier in the week CG didn't know they were eligible to play Saturday? Couldn't have told Valley when they canceled, "hey, we can play Saturday instead of Friday, is that cool?" They waited til friday to found out that they in fact can play?
Correct, according to the poster on page 1 this is what happened they didn't know until late in the week they'd be eligible to play Saturday. I guess I'm very confused by all the questions towards it, Valley found a game played a game and won a game against a team in NW that probably will win 7/8 games. Coal Grove found a game while not ideal but looking on Friday to find a game has to be almost impossible and Eastern was able to play a game after having 3 different teams cancel on them. If all teams and the kids got to play what's the problem?? To me it doesn't seem like there's one. Because I'm sure CG would've preferred to play a MUCH better opponent as Eastern basically got steam rolled in this one with CG scoring early and often play after play as if Eastern had no defense out there.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

transplant wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:52 am The other 3 teams that cancelled didn't end up playing game did they?
Huntington canceled---didn't play
Southern canceled---didn't play and already canceled for week 3
Wahama---at least according to Maxpreps hasn't played a game yet and looks like this week will be their first game.

With everything Eastern lost from last years team and the players that didn't come out this year I'm sure Eastern was trying to find something right in line with them, however when you get to Friday with nothing in the works I guess they must've just taken what they could get.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I get it, I'm glad teams were able to find a game to play. I guess I just don't understand how CG found out late that they could play Saturday? Was is slow contact tracing? School rules? Lack of communication? Just confused by it, that's all.

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Post by Voice of Reason »

I had this explained to me by a Valley coach on Friday... Both Valley and Coal Grove were still open to play on Thursday. Valley had to cancel with Greenup and were in contact with Eastern to play on Friday. Eastern then said they had been contacted by Coal Grove to play. Once that happened Coal Grove should have called Valley about playing, not Eastern. Valley was without a game until Mclain canceled with NW late on Thursday. Coal Grove did not cancel to give Valley time to find another game... They canceled with full intention of finding another opponent. If the contact tracing thing were true, they would have called Valley back on Thursday and said they were good to go.

Return to “Football”