Piketon 32 Coshocton 14 2021 Playoffs

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Re: Week 11 #14 Coshocton (5-4) @ Piketon (9-0)

Post by Raycharles »

mlittle wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:06 am This game was pretty tight most of the way through. Typically when you have an even game through 3 qtrs and another team pulls away in that fashion it’s a sign of fatigue. Great job by Piketon just continuing to grind and wearing the other team out and pulling away when it mattered. Years past this would have went the other way. Great win and good luck against CA. I think this is another winnable game.
Columbus Academy is much better than Coshocton, I think Coshocton stinks. Idk if Piketon struggled in the rain or what but not a good look for their playoff run from an outsiders view. And goes to show no one should be sold on Piketon. If I was close to the program I’m sure it’d be a big win for the program.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Raycharles wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:39 am
mlittle wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:06 am This game was pretty tight most of the way through. Typically when you have an even game through 3 qtrs and another team pulls away in that fashion it’s a sign of fatigue. Great job by Piketon just continuing to grind and wearing the other team out and pulling away when it mattered. Years past this would have went the other way. Great win and good luck against CA. I think this is another winnable game.
Columbus Academy is much better than Coshocton, I think Coshocton stinks. Idk if Piketon struggled in the rain or what but not a good look for their playoff run from an outsiders view. And goes to show no one should be sold on Piketon. If I was close to the program I’m sure it’d be a big win for the program.
I respect that just another view of the game. I just chose to take the positive

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I always root for our area teams in the playoffs but Piketon gonna have their hands full with Columbus academy. I was surprised by the score last night

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Penalties marred the first half for both teams, as holding, false starts and face masks dominated! Lol. Piketon’s “defense” forced a couple of turnovers, but the offense was struggling for the Streaks. Credit to Coshocton for making plays on defense, not allowing Piketon to pop off a big play. 2nd half, the Streaks slowly began to get the run game going, and got their big play on the 85 yard screen. Piketons “defense” kept Coshocton out of the endzone until only 2 minutes left in the game to get to 14. Good win for Piketon! Lets Go Streaks!

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Great win for Piketon. The only SVC team left, although ZT and PV represented well. At this point a W is a W, pretty or ugly any team will take it.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Why grown men feel the need to s*it on teenagers on this forum is something I will never understand. Some folks on here need to take a hard look at their life.

Wakefield.Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by Wakefield.Warrior »

Best defensive effort by the boys on D this year! Keep it going!

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

If the Red Streak defense that played last night shows up Saturday, I really like Piketon’s chances. The offense struggled but showed that on any given play, they only need a small hole to break the opponent’s heart. Proud of what Coach Gullion, the coaches, and players have accomplished this season.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Wakefield.Warrior wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:41 pm Best defensive effort by the boys on D this year! Keep it going!
Defensive effort was awesome last night! If Piketon plays defense like they did last night I believe they will beat Columbus Academy. Gullion 86 yard touchdown to Burton was a huge play last night that helped the Streaks grab momentum and control of the game. Go Streaks can’t wait for week 12.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

hbk1999 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:27 pm
Why grown men feel the need to s*it on teenagers on this forum is something I will never understand. Some folks on here need to take a hard look at their life.
Did I attack any kid in particular? Did I question their effort?? I simply said that Coshocton stinks and no one should be sold on Piketon if you can't handle that then why are you on this forum? Truth hurts.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:07 am

Did I attack any kid in particular? Did I question their effort?? I simply said that Coshocton stinks and no one should be sold on Piketon if you can't handle that then why are you on this forum? Truth hurts.
I don’t really see where Ray said anything that bad? He just doesn’t believe Coshocton is a very good team, which they were 5-4 and wouldn’t have even sniffed the playoffs before the expansion. Ridgewood, who is the 4 seed in this region, beat them 51-0. I just think he was getting at that Piketon still hasn’t faced a truly good opponent yet this season. Which I believe is an accurate statement. And that is not a shot at Piketon and what they have accomplished, because they can only play who they are scheduled too. But doesn’t make it any less true.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:23 am

I don’t really see where Ray said anything that bad? He just doesn’t believe Coshocton is a very good team, which they were 5-4 and wouldn’t have even sniffed the playoffs before the expansion. Ridgewood, who is the 4 seed in this region, beat them 51-0. I just think he was getting at that Piketon still hasn’t faced a truly good opponent yet this season. Which I believe is an accurate statement. And that is not a shot at Piketon and what they have accomplished, because they can only play who they are scheduled too. But doesn’t make it any less true.
exactly

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

You typing this "Coshocton stinks" says all I need to know about you.

CFB1
Riding the Bench

Post by CFB1 »

This is a football forum where posters are allowed to give their opinions. If somebody’s opinion is a team stinks then that is not out of bounds at all as long as he is not personally attacking a coach or fan or player from that school. Nothing really to get defensive about. Fact: Piketon was tied 8-8 until the end of the 3rd quarter against a mediocre/bad team Saturday night so in his opinion they are zero threat to advance very far or win the region. As someone else pointed out, very reasonable opinion considering one of the best teams in the region beat them 51-0 and could have hung 100+ on said team if they didn’t pull all their starters by halftime.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

"This is a football forum where posters are allowed to give their opinions"

Exactly so I am allowed to post my opinion of grown a** men acting like children.

Have a great day!

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

hbk1999 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:22 pm

And you getting butthurt over someone saying Coshocton stinks is all I need to know about you. Some people hold their programs to higher standards, truth hurts.
Last edited by Raycharles on Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:57 pm
hbk1999 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:22 pm

And you getting butthurt over someone saying Coshocton stinks is all I need to know about you. Some people hold their programs to higher standards, truth hurts.
I'm not butt hurt at all. Just amazed at some of the nonsense that gets said on here. You have a great day!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Def read a lot worse on here. Anyway, who wins the game? We know anything about Coshocton beside their record and apparently there hygiene practices aren't great?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

transplant wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:41 pm Def read a lot worse on here. Anyway, who wins the game? We know anything about Coshocton beside their record and apparently there hygiene practices aren't great?
Piketon won the game 32-14 last Saturday.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:26 am
transplant wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:41 pm Def read a lot worse on here. Anyway, who wins the game? We know anything about Coshocton beside their record and apparently there hygiene practices aren't great?
Piketon won the game 32-14 last Saturday.
oh yeah, my bad. haha.

Return to “Football”