Wk 14: Region 19 Final The Burg versus Harvest Prep

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: Wk 14: Region 19 Final The Burg versus Harvest Prep

Post by SciotoCfootball »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:13 pm According to Max Preps the winner of this game gets the winner of Versailles/Preble Shawnee. That is Region 20.
Considering that it seems like quite a few people think the DV Champion will come out of R17, this is a very good thing if accurate lol

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Harvest wins

Harvest over Versailles

Kirtland beats Harvest in State Finals

just my prediction!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:56 pm Harvest wins

Harvest over Versailles

just my prediction!
I think burg is a huge threat to prep. I do like Versailles. Kirtland is going to be in a battle with south range. They are really good

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:56 pm

Harvest over Versailles

just my prediction!
I think burg is a huge threat to prep. I do like Versailles. Kirtland is going to be in a battle with south range. They are really good
South Range will give Kirtland a fight - and if they can’t pull off the Herculean Upset then I believe Elyria Catholic could - not saying they will but Elyria Catholic is my dark horse pick to win D5.

Preble Shawnee surprised me by taking down Roger Bacon and at 13-0 have to be taken seriously but it’s always wise to pick The MAC school and I know I’m not saying anything surprising there.

I would say the favorites to win the 4 RF are

Kirtland
Elyria Catholic
Prep
Versailles

And I will go out on a limb and say it’s going to be an

Elyria Catholic v Versailles final.

Kirtland has to lose sooner or later right?

I also think this is the 1st year in a while when all 4 Regional Finals could go either way.

I’m hoping Wheelersburg can pull another upset. Make the game as ugly as possible - be close at the end and then Wheelersburg happens.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:56 pm

Harvest over Versailles

just my prediction!

I couldn’t agree more that Burg is a threat. They are playing their best football and at the best time. They got ALOT of confidence right now and a confident team playing as the underdog with “NO SHOT” to win boy sure let’s Tha Burg play with house money.

Tha Burgs phenomenal FG kicker sends em to the state semis!!

24-21 BURG

Shake Tha hell outta em milk jugs PirAtes. This Ironmen is behind ya ….

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Once again Will Robinson will be going LIVE this Saturday @ Waverly on his facebook page. Spread the word for those who can't make it in person.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

After watching film on HP I am not so sure Burg is the underdog in this one. Contrasting styles for sure. HP has zero special teams... always a problem on deep playoff runs. Offense is explosive for sure but pretty cavalier with the passes this plays into our defense pretty well. I really think we can line up and run on them... it may not be effective in the 1st or even 2nd quarter but defending us all game wears on any defense (ex. Ironton wearing down last week) won't be surprised if we are down at halftime just like the last two weeks only to gain momentum in the 4th and put them away 24-21.

special teams and field position will be the deciding factor...... kinda reminds me of Tressel Ball

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I thought the same thing Blitz…HP can certainly win but ironton looks like the bigger challenge by the film. Jennings will be a problem and the QB can run well also…if we can’t contain them we’ll be in trouble but I worry most about an emotional hangover from last Saturday. I know it’s a different team but human nature is still human nature…seemed to be what bit us the ‘18 season with Johnstown after all the hype against Madison the week before.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Amanda creek could of won the game. They self imploded. Something burg can’t do.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Blitz wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:50 am After watching film on HP I am not so sure Burg is the underdog in this one. Contrasting styles for sure. HP has zero special teams... always a problem on deep playoff runs. Offense is explosive for sure but pretty cavalier with the passes this plays into our defense pretty well. I really think we can line up and run on them... it may not be effective in the 1st or even 2nd quarter but defending us all game wears on any defense (ex. Ironton wearing down last week) won't be surprised if we are down at halftime just like the last two weeks only to gain momentum in the 4th and put them away 24-21.

special teams and field position will be the deciding factor...... kinda reminds me of Tressel Ball
Tressel ball was the equivalent of punting on 3rd down every drive 😂

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

I’m gonna go with Wheelersburg in the upset if that’s what you wanna call it. They beat ridgewood and ironton. No reason they don’t have a chance in this one. Wheelersburg vs Versailles in state semi

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Kicker. wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:28 am
Blitz wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:50 am After watching film on HP I am not so sure Burg is the underdog in this one. Contrasting styles for sure. HP has zero special teams... always a problem on deep playoff runs. Offense is explosive for sure but pretty cavalier with the passes this plays into our defense pretty well. I really think we can line up and run on them... it may not be effective in the 1st or even 2nd quarter but defending us all game wears on any defense (ex. Ironton wearing down last week) won't be surprised if we are down at halftime just like the last two weeks only to gain momentum in the 4th and put them away 24-21.

Well lol we do that alot!!! I'd like to know how many punts have downed inside the 10 .... it has happened alot! maybe one on the Burg Stat guru's like woby or yabba can come up with that info

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I’ll take burg by 10. Burgs dline will be the difference in the game.

TheLurker
Waterboy

Post by TheLurker »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:06 am Amanda creek could of won the game. They self imploded. Something burg can’t do.
I actually got to see this game. AC should've had the clock ran on it had HP not shot itself in the foot in the 1st half.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Blitz wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:04 pm
Kicker. wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:28 am

Well lol we do that alot!!! I'd like to know how many punts have downed inside the 10 .... it has happened alot! maybe one on the Burg Stat guru's like woby or yabba can come up with that info
Hey it works I don’t have an issue with it! Special teams makes or break games having a good kicker/punter is a weapon. Considering how hard it is doing one doing both is equally at a high level is very impressive

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
That1guy
Waterboy

Post by That1guy »

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

This post may be blocked but I didn't get chance to congratulate Wheelersburg and wanted to do so. After you guys played ironton the 1st game I didn't even think you'd make the playoffs. I have to tip my hat to the staff and players, amazing turn around

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Congrats to Wheelersburg on a big win Saturday night. They took advantage of Irontons mistakes and made them count. I think you have a great shot this weekend against an athletic but undisciplined harvest prep. To the Tigers, lick your wounds and put this loss in back of your mind and get to work. I think this loss will go a long way for the Ironton program in the future.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

kantucky wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:08 pm This post may be blocked but I didn't get chance to congratulate Wheelersburg and wanted to do so. After you guys played ironton the 1st game I didn't even think you'd make the playoffs. I have to tip my hat to the staff and players, amazing turn around
You’ve been a great poster for a long time.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:24 pm
kantucky wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:08 pm This post may be blocked but I didn't get chance to congratulate Wheelersburg and wanted to do so. After you guys played ironton the 1st game I didn't even think you'd make the playoffs. I have to tip my hat to the staff and players, amazing turn around
You’ve been a great poster for a long time.
I appreciate that

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!

Return to “Football”