Wk 14: Region 19 Final The Burg versus Harvest Prep

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Wk 14: Region 19 Final The Burg versus Harvest Prep

Post by wobycat »

TheLurker wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:36 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:06 am Amanda creek could of won the game. They self imploded. Something burg can’t do.
I actually got to see this game. AC should've had the clock ran on it had HP not shot itself in the foot in the 1st half.
Uh. No.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

I like Burg’s chances in this one a whole lot. Posters have said the last two weeks that Burg won’t be able to handle the team at hand. Well here we are two weeks later playing harvest prep in a regional final in a sport other than basketball. I think special teams makes the biggest difference once again. I’d even go out on a limb and say burgs had more punts downed inside the ten then they’ve had extra points made this year 🤣.
Burg 24
HP 14

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Kantucky and X and O you guys always post reasonably points about our matchups we don't always agree but always good to hear your side. The butt whoppin you guys gave us week 1 and our tough OOC schedule is exactly the reason we were able to turn it around and be successful now. Our staff was forced to reevaluate the the personnel, positions and style of play we started the season with. Not many coaches openly admit they had it wrong and completely overhaul the who, what, when, where and why midseason but that is exactly what Woodward did. Probably the best coaching this staff has ever done. Burg fans knew what we had just had to get everyone in the right place to succeed. At least two boys (maybe more) embraced position changes where they have never played and thrived at them. To all the boys and staff huge congrats for being Humble and selfless enough to do it!

greyghost
Waterboy

Post by greyghost »

Blitz wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:42 pm Kantucky and X and O you guys always post reasonably points about our matchups we don't always agree but always good to hear your side. The butt whoppin you guys gave us week 1 and our tough OOC schedule is exactly the reason we were able to turn it around and be successful now. Our staff was forced to reevaluate the the personnel, positions and style of play we started the season with. Not many coaches openly admit they had it wrong and completely overhaul the who, what, when, where and why midseason but that is exactly what Woodward did. Probably the best coaching this staff has ever done. Burg fans knew what we had just had to get everyone in the right place to succeed. At least two boys (maybe more) embraced position changes where they have never played and thrived at them. To all the boys and staff huge congrats for being Humble and selfless enough to do it!
Being unselfish is a true virtue. Good post.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Blitz wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:42 pm Kantucky and X and O you guys always post reasonably points about our matchups we don't always agree but always good to hear your side. The butt whoppin you guys gave us week 1 and our tough OOC schedule is exactly the reason we were able to turn it around and be successful now. Our staff was forced to reevaluate the the personnel, positions and style of play we started the season with. Not many coaches openly admit they had it wrong and completely overhaul the who, what, when, where and why midseason but that is exactly what Woodward did. Probably the best coaching this staff has ever done. Burg fans knew what we had just had to get everyone in the right place to succeed. At least two boys (maybe more) embraced position changes where they have never played and thrived at them. To all the boys and staff huge congrats for being Humble and selfless enough to do it!

Great post. Kantucky and XandO are both great and this post is another sign of life on here.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

HP , probably wont be close .

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Burg 27-21.. both teams capable of scoring 3 TDs but the difference will be Burg's ability to kick FGs. I don't know if Prep can kick or not but we know Sammons can. Pirates defense impresses me everytime I watch them play but with speed like Prep has they're bound to have some big breakout plays. I think if Burg lets Prep score more than 3 TDs their chances start dropping pretty heavy. So far the Pirates just haven't put a lot of points on the board.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

15 to 14 BURG. Sammons scores all the points.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Posters need to pay attention that burgs wins against wood and ironton were no flukes. Yes burg had some fortunate opportunities but unless you’re that much dominant, you have to have them.

In the wood game, wood was up when tingle went down and the other QB led them to a score to make it 20-10. That should have been enough to win the game as good as woods defense was, but burg made plays offensively.

In the ironton game ironton took a 14-3 lead in the first Quarter. Irontons second score came off a burg turnover. Just like burgs 3 points. Ironton did turn it over in the air and that’s hard to overcome for sure. But if you go back and watch, two of the three interceptions came as forced throws from a QB trying not to get sacked. Irontons line struggled with burgs front 6. I guess the qb could of took the sack but I’m sure he was just trying to make the play.

Having said that, this burg team will be one of preps toughest especially in the the playoffs. Burgs magical number to win is 21. I think they will score 28. Prep will have to win a shootout.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:25 pm Posters need to pay attention that burgs wins against wood and ironton were no flukes. Yes burg had some fortunate opportunities but unless you’re that much dominant, you have to have them.

In the wood game, wood was up when tingle went down and the other QB led them to a score to make it 20-10. That should have been enough to win the game as good as woods defense was, but burg made plays offensively.

In the ironton game ironton took a 14-3 lead in the first Quarter. Irontons second score came off a burg turnover. Just like burgs 3 points. Ironton did turn it over in the air and that’s hard to overcome for sure. But if you go back and watch, two of the three interceptions came as forced throws from a QB trying not to get sacked. Irontons line struggled with burgs front 6. I guess the qb could of took the sack but I’m sure he was just trying to make the play.

Having said that, this burg team will be one of preps toughest especially in the the playoffs. Burgs magical number to win is 21. I think they will score 28. Prep will have to win a shootout.
That’s my reason for picking Wheelersburg. I think the posters saying they have no shot are the same one’s saying that for the last 2 weeks. Ridgewood and Ironton are 2 great teams. They won those 2, they can win this one

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:17 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:25 pm Posters need to pay attention that burgs wins against wood and ironton were no flukes. Yes burg had some fortunate opportunities but unless you’re that much dominant, you have to have them.

That’s my reason for picking Wheelersburg. I think the posters saying they have no shot are the same one’s saying that for the last 2 weeks. Ridgewood and Ironton are 2 great teams. They won those 2, they can win this one
Believe me. Ironton was number one for a reason in this region. It’s no secret that I’m a big opponent of the transfer stuff at ironton but they were really good. Burg did a good job winning that. Which makes me believe they are good enough to get to canton. Not predicting it, just believe it is possible.

gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Hp will probably end up as state runners up

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

If Burg defense can force turnovers and the offense runs like it has and just makes it a point to score every drive they’re going to win.

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Is there a link to stream this game? I will pay to watch if so

6O HORN3TS 🐝
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

84Dragon wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:27 pm HP , probably wont be close .
What does HP have that makes you so confident? And imo I think this game is gonna be close if Burg plays like they have been but if they have a couple turnovers or some costly penalties I believe they lose .but either way Burg will not go down without a battle

Burg grad 85
Sportsfan32
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan32 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:28 pm Is there a link to stream this game? I will pay to watch if so
It was just announced today that Burg Sports Network will be broadcasting the game on YouTube Saturday night.

https://youtu.be/kb9sYBgXeQU

Whether Hell freezes over or pigs learn to fly, I'll be a Wheelersburg Pirate till the day I die
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Go Burg!

Burg grad 85
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Sportsfan32 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:53 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:28 pm Is there a link to stream this game? I will pay to watch if so
It was just announced today that Burg Sports Network will be broadcasting the game on YouTube Saturday night.

Thank you

6O HORN3TS 🐝
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Rooting for Burg, they’ve gotten better each week of the season. Some big wins, I could see them moving on. It’s not going to be easy but If they don’t win I don’t think it’ll be a blowout in favor of HP like many seem to think. ST could be key in this game, not sure how good HP are, but Burg’s ST are really good.

Who Dey!
tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

Sportsfan32 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:53 pm

That is great. I appreciated the Facebook stream of the Ironton game but it was hard to see some of the game.

Return to “Football”