Wellston Coaching Search

VC94
Riding the Bench

Re: Wellston Coaching Search

Post by VC94 »

WildManWill wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:56 am
countywide35 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:00 pm Any news on potential candidates?
8 fellas sitting in front of the board right now.

There were more but 3 of them were hired at Gallia County schools....

Carter was picked up by Gallia
Morrow was picked up by South Gallia
Cooper was picked up by RV

We have an ole' boy from the Vinton County area that seems to be the favorite right now, the other 2 likely hires is an assistant with the past staff and a coach of another sport a the school... Hopefully decision is made in coming weeks.
As a Vinton county native and big VC fan I hope Yates gets the job at Wellston. I remember those rough years when our program was ran by Yates

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

VC94 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:52 am
countywide35 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:00 pm Any news on potential candidates?

We have an ole' boy from the Vinton County area that seems to be the favorite right now, the other 2 likely hires is an assistant with the past staff and a coach of another sport a the school... Hopefully decision is made in coming weeks.
As a Vinton county native and big VC fan I hope Yates gets the job at Wellston. I remember those rough years when our program was ran by Yates
Yea, I bet you do. Me too honestly. But the best thing they could do is get ole "Dutch" back. He was a "proven winner." Had those kids running through brick walls, is what they were saying back then.

JWICK24
Waterboy

Post by JWICK24 »

Pat wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:56 am

Yea, I bet you do. Me too honestly. But the best thing they could do is get ole "Dutch" back. He was a "proven winner." Had those kids running through brick walls, is what they were saying back then.
That an endorsement for Yates? Or you you implying it wasn’t great?

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

JWICK24 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:11 am
That an endorsement for Yates? Or you you implying it wasn’t great?
It's an endorsement for ole "Dutch." :mrgreen:

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

I remember that Dutch guy. Isn't he helping at VC now? :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

koondoger wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:16 pm
No. No Dutch at VC. Although I’m sure he wishes he was. VC is about to run off what they did in the 90’s.

WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

Dundas wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:41 pm

No. No Dutch at VC. Although I’m sure he wishes he was. VC is about to run off what they did in the 90’s.
Not so fast my friend, VC’s run will last about as long as it takes to get through Dundas… blink and it’s already in the rear view mirror. :mrgreen:

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Who does VC have coming back and what does their schedule look like ? VC had some great players in the 90s, that’s a big statement.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

I think if he wished he was still helping at Vc then he would be helping at Vc. I believe all the old staff was offered to stay on. And Vc would be better if he did, seeing that he did a really good job while at Vc. Dundas needs to quit living in the 90’s, that was 30 years ago. It was a good run but we weren’t dominating by any means. Hell, our best team in school history, ‘93, didn’t even win the league.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Flexworth wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:42 am

I think if he wished he was still helping at Vc then he would be helping at Vc. I believe all the old staff was offered to stay on. And Vc would be better if he did, seeing that he did a really good job while at Vc. Dundas needs to quit living in the 90’s, that was 30 years ago. It was a good run but we weren’t dominating by any means. Hell, our best team in school history, ‘93, didn’t even win the league.

Didn’t that 93 team get to the Regional Final losing a heartbreak game to Ironton??

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Wellston will get someone that wants to be there. Hopefully the want is a long term want and the coach gets the support a coach needs.

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:45 am

Didn’t that 93 team get to the Regional Final losing a heartbreak game to Ironton??
That's how I remember it. Had the game in hand, and then for some reason punted the ball to Jermon Jackson. Big mistake.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Correct, but still got beat by Nelsonville that year

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

Flexworth wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:00 am

Yea, they got cheated off the field. Aiding the runner, which had never been called against them, was called three times. Also a blatantly obvious fumble recovery by VC was blown dead and Nelsonville was given the ball. I was there as a neutral observer so I saw it all. But still, VC did lose that game. I think if it were played anywhere else they would have won by a wide margin, but that's my opinion.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Attack wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:12 am
Flexworth wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:00 am

Yea, they got cheated off the field. Aiding the runner, which had never been called against them, was called three times. Also a blatantly obvious fumble recovery by VC was blown dead and Nelsonville was given the ball. I was there as a neutral observer so I saw it all. But still, VC did lose that game. I think if it were played anywhere else they would have won by a wide margin, but that's my opinion.

Jason and Justin Gale were the only other two that were gonna have anything for Jason Synder and Andy Booth. Talk about some talent on the field. Sheesh. Anyways. That was 30+yes ago ans awesome tradition.

But back onto the Wellston Coach thread haha

sgtwilliamjames
Riding the Bench

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

yates

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Confirmed or jut still Speculation

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

take yates please!!!!!!!!!!!!

WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

I was watchin BMG stream of basketball and the announcer said they had final interviews with 2 remaining candidates, no names given though.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Any word on time frame for a hire?

Return to “Football”