Wellston Coaching Search

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Wellston Coaching Search

Post by Dundas »

The County Resident wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:47 pm
Dundas wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:07 am
VC94 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:37 am
One of Vc’s coordinators from last year will be on Yates’ staff. If a coordinator leaves Vc for Wellston why wouldn’t the kids? It happens
The assistant stepped down after the season. Well before the Wellston job was even open. So he didn’t leave for it. His reason was Carper was requiring too much of his time. So apparently he won’t be held to the same standards at Wellston.
Well, he’s going from being a DC under Carper to just a positional coach at Wellston. Being a DC requires a heck of a lot more responsibilities than just coaching a position group. Wish him the best of luck, but best believe Week 10 it’s on.

That may be true but at the end of the day, it’s a big “fu” to VC. It’s going to be wild week 10.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Dundas wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:58 pm
Flexworth wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:36 pm
Dundas wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:43 am

I meant that as in terms of doing all of the extra things off of the football field. The culture of the community surrounding the program is at an all time high. My comment was by no means a diss to the previous staff. They did a great job in laying the foundation TJ is building upon. When the previous staff took over, our program was at a road block. They broke though and are a big part of the quick success of this staff.
Haha, whatever, that’s not what you said nor meant. If changing the the culture of a community takes multiple social media post for attention then Carper takes the trophy. But we are in day of age where people thrive off that stuff. Ha
Social media posts are fun for the kids. They are part of building the program. How long has it been since we had a meet the team? How long has it been since we had a lift-a-thon? How long has it been since we have had 30+kids lifting at 6am in the winter? It’s not just social media posts. I’m glad you can read my mind. Lol I have always given Bethels group a lot of credit for getting us off the mat so to speak.
2019 there was a lift-a-thon, Because I donated.
Meet the team was not allowed in 2019 because of the track being re done. All summer the kids was not allowed on the game field, until Unioto week. In 2020, they wasn’t allowed a meet the team because of covid. And They had 6am workouts both off seasons and had good numbers and bethal and Stewart ran them. My point is, it wasn’t on social media daily, it was behind closed doors. But it definitely happened. But you know everything.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Flexworth wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:16 pm
Haha, whatever, that’s not what you said nor meant. If changing the the culture of a community takes multiple social media post for attention then Carper takes the trophy. But we are in day of age where people thrive off that stuff. Ha
Social media posts are fun for the kids. They are part of building the program. How long has it been since we had a meet the team? How long has it been since we had a lift-a-thon? How long has it been since we have had 30+kids lifting at 6am in the winter? It’s not just social media posts. I’m glad you can read my mind. Lol I have always given Bethels group a lot of credit for getting us off the mat so to speak.
Meet the team was not allowed in 2019 because of the track being re done. All summer the kids was not allowed on the game field, until Unioto week. In 2020, they wasn’t allowed a meet the team because of covid. And They had 6am workouts both off seasons and had good numbers and bethal and Stewart ran them. My point is, it wasn’t on social media daily, it was behind closed doors. But it definitely happened. But you know everything.
I’m not going to take over this thread with a debate over our staffs. I will however talk to you one on one if you’d like. You know who I am and I love talking VC football. So please, reach out and we can have a good discussion about it.

As for Yates at Wellston. Even though he had a losing record at VC, he definitely had the toughest stretch of games that I can ever remember. Unioto was the only cupcake back then. Waverly, Jackson, and Gallia we’re all loaded. Brutal non conference during his tenure. Also, he was a 1 yard loss to Belpre away from sharing the TVC Ohio title. It’ll be interesting to see how he does at Wellston.

The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Post by The County Resident »

Dundas wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:00 pm
Dundas wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:07 am

The assistant stepped down after the season. Well before the Wellston job was even open. So he didn’t leave for it. His reason was Carper was requiring too much of his time. So apparently he won’t be held to the same standards at Wellston.
Well, he’s going from being a DC under Carper to just a positional coach at Wellston. Being a DC requires a heck of a lot more responsibilities than just coaching a position group. Wish him the best of luck, but best believe Week 10 it’s on.

That may be true but at the end of the day, it’s a big “fu” to VC. It’s going to be wild week 10.
Doubt week 10 will be too wild. Same results that happened last year will happen again. Best believe Carper has the “Us against the world, better pick what side you’re on” attitude. :)

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Make no mistake, Coach Carper is highly and hands on involved in all aspects of the program. He is young, spirited, enthusiastic, and has a great personality that people gravitate to. He is getting the program moving in the right direction, does it matter what tool he uses? Do you think he cares about what some keyboard warrior may have to say on a forum like this? He will do what he does, and let the results speak for themselves.

As for the Yates hire, I am torn. I consider myself a close personal friend to Nolan and his family, and I believe they consider me the same. I haven't really got a chance to sit down with him and ask him why. Why this job? I have my opinion, but I will wait until I am able to speak with him. I am torn, because, first, it is Wellston. Two, I am not sure of how good of job that is for him. His first stint at Vinton County he was young and learning, plus, as it was mentioned earlier, he played the toughest schedule in his four-year tenure. In all four years, every team on his non-conference schedule made the playoffs (back when you had to earn it) and played against kids that went on to have successful DI and DII college careers. Next, I know Wellston people. I consider many to be my friends, but let's be honest, you people tend to be very clan-ish. You stick to your tribes and constantly in-fight with each other and have no common ground or communal good for each other, unless there is an outside agitator, say like a Jackson or Vinton County, then it is you against the world. However, as soon as that battle is over, you are back to fighting with each other. How could you ever be successful? Lastly, the facilities are not the best. But whatever, it is not my business, and if Nolan wants to have this job, then as a friend all I can say, is good luck, I wish you nothing but the best, and I will be rooting for you, well...with the exception of week 10. :lol:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

The County Resident wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:16 pm
Dundas wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:00 pm

Doubt week 10 will be too wild. Same results that happened last year will happen again. Best believe Carper has the “Us against the world, better pick what side you’re on” attitude. :)
I guess it will depend on if both teams have a successful season to that point. If we’re looking at a TVC title on the line, look out. It’ll be crazy.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Dundas wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:11 pm

I’m not going to take over this thread with a debate over our staffs. I will however talk to you one on one if you’d like. You know who I am and I love talking VC football. So please, reach out and we can have a good discussion about it.

As for Yates at Wellston. Even though he had a losing record at VC, he definitely had the toughest stretch of games that I can ever remember. Unioto was the only cupcake back then. Waverly, Jackson, and Gallia we’re all loaded. Brutal non conference during his tenure. Also, he was a 1 yard loss to Belpre away from sharing the TVC Ohio title. It’ll be interesting to see how he does at Wellston.
Haha, Ok , but you will argue and debate until you know your wrong? Won’t comment in my previous post because you know im 💯 right. Everything I said above is true and you know it.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:17 pm Make no mistake, Coach Carper is highly and hands on involved in all aspects of the program. He is young, spirited, enthusiastic, and has a great personality that people gravitate to. He is getting the program moving in the right direction, does it matter what tool he uses? Do you think he cares about what some keyboard warrior may have to say on a forum like this? He will do what he does, and let the results speak for themselves.

As for the Yates hire, I am torn. I consider myself a close personal friend to Nolan and his family, and I believe they consider me the same. I haven't really got a chance to sit down with him and ask him why. Why this job? I have my opinion, but I will wait until I am able to speak with him. I am torn, because, first, it is Wellston. Two, I am not sure of how good of job that is for him. His first stint at Vinton County he was young and learning, plus, as it was mentioned earlier, he played the toughest schedule in his four-year tenure. In all four years, every team on his non-conference schedule made the playoffs (back when you had to earn it) and played against kids that went on to have successful DI and DII college careers. Next, I know Wellston people. I consider many to be my friends, but let's be honest, you people tend to be very clan-ish. You stick to your tribes and constantly in-fight with each other and have no common ground or communal good for each other, unless there is an outside agitator, say like a Jackson or Vinton County, then it is you against the world. However, as soon as that battle is over, you are back to fighting with each other. How could you ever be successful? Lastly, the facilities are not the best. But whatever, it is not my business, and if Nolan wants to have this job, then as a friend all I can say, is good luck, I wish you nothing but the best, and I will be rooting for you, well...with the exception of week 10. :lol:

There is talks that a mirror image of Athens athletic completx is through the design phase to be built at new campus of the schools within the next couple years tagged around the $1mil range. Don’t know how true this is. But that’s my understanding. That could help Yates in gettin some time to build.

As for the VC Wellston Rivarly.
How could this not make it even better ?! Hopefully it’s not a lopsided affair over the years and truly hope it comes down to Week 10 between these two schools for the TVC Crown.
Add all that into week 10. How electric would that be on a Friday night ?!!!! Hope it happens….

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

You would have thought with all that extra work VC wouldnt be ducking and dodging the tomcats.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

And wellston ownt consider playing us becuase they know better. Cant beat Jackson. Cant beat Trimble.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:51 am
hawkeyepierce wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:17 pm Make no mistake, Coach Carper is highly and hands on involved in all aspects of the program. He is young, spirited, enthusiastic, and has a great personality that people gravitate to. He is getting the program moving in the right direction, does it matter what tool he uses? Do you think he cares about what some keyboard warrior may have to say on a forum like this? He will do what he does, and let the results speak for themselves.

There is talks that a mirror image of Athens athletic completx is through the design phase to be built at new campus of the schools within the next couple years tagged around the $1mil range. Don’t know how true this is. But that’s my understanding. That could help Yates in gettin some time to build.

As for the VC Wellston Rivarly.
How could this not make it even better ?! Hopefully it’s not a lopsided affair over the years and truly hope it comes down to Week 10 between these two schools for the TVC Crown.
Add all that into week 10. How electric would that be on a Friday night ?!!!! Hope it happens….

All of that! But let’s make it a Saturday night shootout!

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

[/quote
Wow,
When you say keyboard warriors, who are you referring to pup? I said the culture and progress was good before the new staff, thats all.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

I think Nolan will do a good job. Multiple years of experience and he has some good help.

Speedy991
Waterboy

Post by Speedy991 »

Flexworth wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:44 pm I think Nolan will do a good job. Multiple years of experience and he has some good help.
Who else is helping besides Naylan and Phillips???

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Flexworth...

Yes. It was. Travis Bethel was doing a great job and it is very unfortunate what has happened to his son. Stryder remains in everyone's prayers and always quick to say a good word and help whenever they can. They are Vinton County and will always remain Vinton County. Hopefully, someday, maybe Travis can back in some capacity.

I use the term "keyboard warrior" as a slight to those who are quick to dismiss, discourage, and denigrate current situations and circumstances. Instead, of espousing how great the past was, let us get behind the new guy. Let us put our energy into the now... But I will admit, I am guilty of being a "keyboard warrior" at times; however, I promise to do and be better. Go Vikings!

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:49 pm Flexworth...

Yes. It was. Travis Bethel was doing a great job and it is very unfortunate what has happened to his son. Stryder remains in everyone's prayers and always quick to say a good word and help whenever they can. They are Vinton County and will always remain Vinton County. Hopefully, someday, maybe Travis can back in some capacity.

I use the term "keyboard warrior" as a slight to those who are quick to dismiss, discourage, and denigrate current situations and circumstances. Instead, of espousing how great the past was, let us get behind the new guy. Let us put our energy into the now... But I will admit, I am guilty of being a "keyboard warrior" at times; however, I promise to do and be better. Go Vikings!
If it weren't for "keyboard warriors" this site would have about 10 members. If that were the case you righteous 10, whoever you claim to be, could just email and pm each other and wouldn't need this website to spread your warmth and good feelings to each other. :lol:

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Is the one asst coach- his son that got in trouble while trying to walk on at OU? Hit some high school kid-- that he was twice his size??? Not sure if that would be a good move????

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:11 am Is the one asst coach- his son that got in trouble while trying to walk on at OU? Hit some high school kid-- that he was twice his size??? Not sure if that would be a good move????
Probably. He11 Wellston has been the armpit of the TVC since they came into the league. Before that they were the armpit of the SEOAL. They haven't had much morals or standards at that place historically.

sgtwilliamjames
Riding the Bench

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:11 am Is the one asst coach- his son that got in trouble while trying to walk on at OU? Hit some high school kid-- that he was twice his size??? Not sure if that would be a good move????
as long at the ohio eduction people sign off on it

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Wow-- I guess Wellston will take anyone. It so sad that there sports programs have been down for the last 10 to 12 years in Wellston-- they have had talent-- but they waste it or it transfers to Jackson or VC. Their School board has been a joke for the same amount of time. worried about a track and new football field. Not what goes on it---------

Return to “Football”