Ironton 29 Jackson 26 2022

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Re: Ironton@Jackson Week 2

Post by Ironmannut07 »

biggdowgg wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:56 am Should be a great game, not picking a winner ,but I'm sure Jackson still has a bad taste in their mouth over last year's game, maybe even

"embarrassed" a little bit and maybe even a sign saying "Ironton is on the clock" the kids have been waiting on this game.

Ok, inside joke. Lol ,I would love to see this game, hopefully a live feed ?
Jackson should be streaming it on their YouTube channel for free

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

Ironmannut07 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:22 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:56 am Should be a great game, not picking a winner ,but I'm sure Jackson still has a bad taste in their mouth over last year's game, maybe even

"embarrassed" a little bit and maybe even a sign saying "Ironton is on the clock" the kids have been waiting on this game.

Awesome! I’m grateful since I live way outside of “driving for the game” distance.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

This is a pick ‘em game. Iron 13-10 last season. Got a feeling ironton boys will be running a lot in practice.
Ironton 19-17

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Ironmannut07 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:22 pm

Thank you!!

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr Shifty »

I gotta go with Jackson in this game. Ironton showed very little last night. Their passing game isn’t there. Their line is weak and the inability to be able to kick an extra point is a huge thorn in their side

On the plus side though, they kept The Pirates from
scoring a single TD. The defense looked good (or is Burgs offense bad?)

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

Mr Shifty wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:12 pm I gotta go with Jackson in this game. Ironton showed very little last night. Their passing game isn’t there. Their line is weak and the inability to be able to kick an extra point is a huge thorn in their side

I’m not an Ironton guy, so I haven’t seen the girl kicking at practice. However, we all need to cut her some slack. She attempted one extra attempt in her first football game, at Ed Miller Stadium, in a close ball game. She pulled it to the left, but it didn’t look terrible.

Does Ironton have a special teams coach? I didn’t see anyone out there with her during warm-ups. Plus Perkins was having to run up and down the sideline looking for the tee before every kickoff. There’s no reason why one of the coaches doesn’t have the tee with them at all times, and is getting everyone ready before the kickoff.

Who is #4 for Ironton? He seemed like and a good athlete. I would have liked to see Ironton stop forcing the ball to Perkins. He was getting safety help all night. Burg’s safety looked like he was returning punts and was 25 yards off the ball. #4 had a smaller corner and was 1 on 1 most of the night. Get the run game going, take what the defense gives you, then go over top to Perkins.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Alitown wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:02 pm
Mr Shifty wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:12 pm I gotta go with Jackson in this game. Ironton showed very little last night. Their passing game isn’t there. Their line is weak and the inability to be able to kick an extra point is a huge thorn in their side

I’m not an Ironton guy, so I haven’t seen the girl kicking at practice. However, we all need to cut her some slack. She attempted one extra attempt in her first football game, at Ed Miller Stadium, in a close ball game. She pulled it to the left, but it didn’t look terrible.

Does Ironton have a special teams coach? I didn’t see anyone out there with her during warm-ups. Plus Perkins was having to run up and down the sideline looking for the tee before every kickoff. There’s no reason why one of the coaches doesn’t have the tee with them at all times, and is getting everyone ready before the kickoff.

Who is #4 for Ironton? He seemed like and a good athlete. I would have liked to see Ironton stop forcing the ball to Perkins. He was getting safety help all night. Burg’s safety looked like he was returning punts and was 25 yards off the ball. #4 had a smaller corner and was 1 on 1 most of the night. Get the run game going, take what the defense gives you, then go over top to Perkins.
Ironton will be fine on kicking extra points, she has been automatic in scrimmages and in practice. The XP kick looked good and had plenty of distance but sailed left. The fake extra point was wide open but wasn’t executed very well

#4 Pittman is a junior and had a sophomore CB on him all night, not sure why Ironton didn’t go after that. Ironton tried multiple times to give Perkins the ball but he was doubled most of the night

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr Shifty »

Hmm then wonder why Coach Pendleton didn’t take the chip shot on the first TD

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

after reading all the expert opinions on how bad Ironton is this year, I can only imagine how bad these experts think Wheelersburg is. I really hope Ironton extends this Jackson series another couple of years. This is a great game for both programs. All three non conference games are way better than having ashland or russell on the schedule. Looking forward to seeing how The Fighting Tigers will respond this week. Jackson is a really good D3 program.

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

Mr Shifty wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:24 pm Hmm then wonder why Coach Pendleton didn’t take the chip shot on the first TD
To me it looked clear he had the intention of going for 2 on the first TD no matter what the situation. She kicked an extra point pretty easily in the Anderson scrimmage, so not sure what other info you’re going on to say it is a liability.

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

Carmen Ohio wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:07 pm
Mr Shifty wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:24 pm Hmm then wonder why Coach Pendleton didn’t take the chip shot on the first TD
To me it looked clear he had the intention of going for 2 on the first TD no matter what the situation. She kicked an extra point pretty easily in the Anderson scrimmage, so not sure what other info you’re going on to say it is a liability. I feel like he gets it in his head he’s going to catch people off guard….like going from the shotgun for some inconceivable reason on the first possession.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

Alitown wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:02 pm

Spot on. I dont think qb1 is "the guy."

TigerTooth
Waterboy

Post by TigerTooth »

Nicknevada86 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:30 pm This is a pick ‘em game. Iron 13-10 last season. Got a feeling ironton boys will be running a lot in practice.
Ironton 19-17
I think the HC may need to take a few Laps himself!!!

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Oh just for fun CalPreps
Ironton 21
Jackson 14
Have to wait and see what fantastic 50 puts this one as

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:11 pm Oh just for fun CalPreps
Ironton 21
Jackson 14

Can live with bein the underdog at home

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:43 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:11 pm Oh just for fun CalPreps
Ironton 21
Jackson 14

Can live with bein the underdog at home

I would list you guys as the favorite maybe -2.5

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

Spot on. I dont think qb1 is "the guy."
[/quote]

I don’t know if he is or not. Let’s be honest, Pendleton has no problem starting transfers over homegrown talent. That makes me think the competition is tighter than some fans may think. I definitely think the coaching staff could have made things easier for him to get him in a rhythm. I’m just glad to see QB1 leave the game healthy.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

Burgs offense is more one dimensional rather than bad. They ran it right down the field on Ironton on the first drive. Had a penalty and they had to kick field goal. Once Ironton figured out burg can’t pass. They brought their safeties in the run game and somethered burg. Burg tried to pass them out of it, but they only completed one of them. I said earlier in the year, this is the burgs Achilles heal. If Jackson can pass, they will have a chance.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Ironton.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:46 am Win or lose against Jackson, it won't make or break Irontons season. It's win win for the Tigers. If they lose, it just makes them better and gets them ready for the playoffs. Win, keep on Rollin.
Jackson being the bigger school needs the win more, IMO.
Next weeks game won’t define either teams season, it’s a good early game that will only benefit them going forward. Two of the premier teams in southern Ohio banging heads. Will be fun.

Return to “Football”