Ironton 29 Jackson 26 2022

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton@Jackson Week 2

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Carmen Ohio wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:15 am
RelaxGoat wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:35 am I am not sure how good Ironton is, but the extra point unit could lose them some games.
They tried one extra point and that was after Pendelton was indecisive about what they were doing and the unit had to rush onto the field. Not sure that’s enough of a sample to make this judgment.
I agree, Ironton has 2 really good XP Kickers and one is a Freshman. I‘ve watched them both in practice and during scrimmage. Both can nail them and are usually straight down the middle, it’s not going to be an issue.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:58 am
RelaxGoat wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:35 am I am not sure how good Ironton is, but the extra point unit could lose them some games.
They tried one extra point and that was after Pendelton was indecisive about what they were doing and the unit had to rush onto the field. Not sure that’s enough of a sample to make this judgment.
I agree, Ironton has 2 really good XP Kickers and one is a Freshman. I‘ve watched them both in practice and during scrimmage. Both can nail them and are usually straight down the middle, it’s not going to be an issue.
Yup. I just will never understand the absolute conclusions drawn based on isolated events.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Tigers find themselves in another big game.

So many viewpoints about what & Who & that is why most of us come here.

Although he did not look hurt, BUT IF HE is, Keyes, Can heal up, IMO, as IHS has so many weapons in that backfield that should be utilized & i think it will come to light in The Iron on Iron match.

IHS JUST needs to Stay focused, healthy, & 1 game at a time, ALL while developing some very talented kids. Obvious to me, Pendleton played it safe overall & put out the feelers -V- WB to see what he needed to & did.
I was really impressed on the 4th & 1 they went for & converted even after timeouts. The confidence in his backfield crew & line did not waiver & That speaks volumes to me.

Tigers & crew got their paws wet & will continue to gel & march on.

Jackson is ready too!

#GoTgo

sportphotos
JV Team

Post by sportphotos »

Photos Burg Ironton game-

www.bobbiannphotos.smugmug.com

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

A lot of negative thoughts after week 1 it seems from fans from Itown. Hard to win the state title week 1 us Jackson faithful love to win a 1st ever regional. Not where you start but where you finish. It’s a grind. Playin programs like Burg Jackson Ironton type programs is what will make you better week in week out.

Big storied programs. Both foaming itching to win that milestone postseason game.

The matchup is solid. Who plays the most fundamental sound , take care of the football and the playmakers will need to make the plays when their numbers dialed up.

I don’t know where else you would want to be come Friday night in SEO.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Have to say ,I was curious as to why Ironton elected to go for 2 on the first touchdown of the game?

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

biggdowgg wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:42 pm

Have to say ,I was curious as to why Ironton elected to go for 2 on the first touchdown of the game?
To me it looked clear he had no intention of kicking on the first TD no matter what, regardless of the scenario. Only he knows for sure, but him saying he “didn’t help” the team says a lot.

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

Carmen Ohio wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:48 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:42 pm

To me it looked clear he had no intention of kicking on the first TD no matter what, regardless of the scenario. Only he knows for sure, but him saying he “didn’t help” the team says a lot.
If he thinks kicking is such a detriment why even try the second one?

Not A Homer
Riding the Bench

Post by Not A Homer »

game of the week in SEO.
Ironton will clean up some mistakes, won't have as many penalties and figure their play calling out more so than vs Burg. That week 1 game is tough on coaches and kids to get in rhythm, especially with all the hype that was around it. I'll take Ironton by a score

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Jackson gets it done this year

WWE HALL OF FAME
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Will this game be on mytowntv?

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:48 pm Will this game be on mytowntv?
Jackson’s media team will stream it on YouTube. I believe it’s jhs media or something like that

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

https://youtube.com/c/JacksonCitySchools Games were on here last year…not sure this year

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

Ironton

GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, HOOK'EM HORNS, HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I like JHS at home in this one. Hope they worked on kick off coverage tho.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

If Jackson runs the big QB and dominates the line of scrimmage they should win. Plus it’s a home game for the Ironmen.

2DaHizzle
Waterboy

Post by 2DaHizzle »

Alitown wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:02 pm
Mr Shifty wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:12 pm I gotta go with Jackson in this game. Ironton showed very little last night. Their passing game isn’t there. Their line is weak and the inability to be able to kick an extra point is a huge thorn in their side

On the plus side though, they kept The Pirates from
scoring a single TD. The defense looked good (or is Burgs offense bad?)
I’m not an Ironton guy, so I haven’t seen the girl kicking at practice. However, we all need to cut her some slack. She attempted one extra attempt in her first football game, at Ed Miller Stadium, in a close ball game. She pulled it to the left, but it didn’t look terrible.

Does Ironton have a special teams coach? I didn’t see anyone out there with her during warm-ups. Plus Perkins was having to run up and down the sideline looking for the tee before every kickoff. There’s no reason why one of the coaches doesn’t have the tee with them at all times, and is getting everyone ready before the kickoff.

Who is #4 for Ironton? He seemed like and a good athlete. I would have liked to see Ironton stop forcing the ball to Perkins. He was getting safety help all night. Burg’s safety looked like he was returning punts and was 25 yards off the ball. #4 had a smaller corner and was 1 on 1 most of the night. Get the run game going, take what the defense gives you, then go over top to Perkins.
She hardly ever misses at practice. She was a awesome soccer player and is still a great athlete no matter what sport she plays

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

22-19 IRONTON

GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, HOOK'EM HORNS, HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

The place to be on Friday night. If the house isnt packed, then Id say youre missing out.

Clash of the titans! You know the Ironmen are being reminded of last year. They better be ready because the Tigers have a legit returner. 2 yrds and a cloud of turf! Woody Hayes type football.

Best wishes to the health of both teams. Week 11 type game at week 2. The best of SEO

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

[media][/media]

Looking forward to this week. Hopefully Ironton can improve offensively this week and start hitting their stride. This is great competiton as Jackson will be ready to play Friday night and it will be a great environment.

Go Tigers

Return to “Football”