Wheelersburg 42 McNicholas 35 2022

bengals05
Riding the Bench

Re: Burg vs Archbishop

Post by bengals05 »

coop wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:27 pm Last year this team lost to State Champ Massie by 1 point in the playoffs, going for a 2 point conversion to win it in the regional title game, however I'm not sure how much they return....looks like they have about 22 Seniors.
You never know from year to year with parochial schools?? Waverly hammered McNicholas 2 years ago in the playoffs. Last year they were definitely better, but who knows if they had any transfers to replace what they lost if anything.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

MrPerfect wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:58 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:12 pm We will never know how good of a coach Pendleton is because he can't coach with what talent he has. He has to stack his team every year to win, except last year, in the playoffs, to a team he had already beaten, on a neutral field.
In all honesty Pendletons brother is the better coach!
If he ever relinquishes the offense duties to him the offense will be better.
Burgs OC seems highly questionable to me.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

TriState_34 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:37 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:12 pm We will never know how good of a coach Pendleton is because he can't coach with what talent he has. He has to stack his team every year to win, except last year, in the playoffs, to a team he had already beaten, on a neutral field.
Is is Kaskey still? Or is he gone?

WWE HALL OF FAME
TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

MrPerfect wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:38 pm

Is is Kaskey still? Or is he gone?
I think they lost their oc and hired a new one mid season last year.

He may have been "recruited." 😉😂

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Then you must be really disappointed with Ironton’s OC who manages to do less with more every year!

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:57 pm

Then you must be really disappointed with Ironton’s OC who manages to do less with more every year!
His offense found the end zone twice, as vanilla as it was. Burgs offense looked really limited against an Ironton team that played a so so game.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

Maybe Burgs offense misses those recording devices on the sidelines?

http://newyorksportswriters.org/blog/20 ... ions.shtml

"It seems like every time we run into Wheelersburg, it's something else shady," Poff said. "We know that they had more than one person wearing Wheelersburg passes and clothing on our sideline. We know for a fact that Derrick Mosley had a microphone in his sleeve and earbuds in his ears."

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TriState_34 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:22 pm Maybe Burgs offense misses those recording devices on the sidelines?

http://newyorksportswriters.org/blog/20 ... ions.shtml

"It seems like every time we run into Wheelersburg, it's something else shady," Poff said. "We know that they had more than one person wearing Wheelersburg passes and clothing on our sideline. We know for a fact that Derrick Mosley had a microphone in his sleeve and earbuds in his ears."
I think it’s cute that you quote them. Have you read what happened to both of them after all of this? Complete dumpster fire at that school. LOL!!

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

watched a little bit of game film last night. Arch seems to be pretty athletic on the edge and the big TE. RB looks to be pretty solid as well. Their defense is aggressive and undisciplined at times. Another quality opponent in this first five games. I think we can control the ball and pace in this one. ill go with Burg 24-21

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Cincinnati Archbishop McNicholas (1-0 D4 R16) by 21 (88%) vs Wheelersburg (0-1 D5 R19)

per Drew Pasteur

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Blitz wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:11 am watched a little bit of game film last night. Arch seems to be pretty athletic on the edge and the big TE. RB looks to be pretty solid as well. Their defense is aggressive and undisciplined at times. Another quality opponent in this first five games. I think we can control the ball and pace in this one. ill go with Burg 24-21
What style of offense do they run? How did they look along the lines?

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:27 pm
Blitz wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:11 am watched a little bit of game film last night. Arch seems to be pretty athletic on the edge and the big TE. RB looks to be pretty solid as well. Their defense is aggressive and undisciplined at times. Another quality opponent in this first five games. I think we can control the ball and pace in this one. ill go with Burg 24-21
Spread 4 or 5 wide most sets. Dline is athletic not overly stout. hard to tell about the oline cause the opponent was overmatched really. I expect our lines will have an advantage both ways as we had last week and should have all year except maybe Jackson. I honestly don't think our QB or passing game is as bad as it looked last week. Ironton's secondary just made it look that way and locked down our receivers 1v1. Ironton had to switch to 8 and 9 man in the box to stop our run game and still couldn't but we killed our own drives with penalties. I don't think Arch will be quite as effective as Ironton secondary was. should be a great game between two very good teams

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Blitz wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:52 pm
RBH23 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:27 pm
Spread 4 or 5 wide most sets. Dline is athletic not overly stout. hard to tell about the oline cause the opponent was overmatched really. I expect our lines will have an advantage both ways as we had last week and should have all year except maybe Jackson. I honestly don't think our QB or passing game is as bad as it looked last week. Ironton's secondary just made it look that way and locked down our receivers 1v1. Ironton had to switch to 8 and 9 man in the box to stop our run game and still couldn't but we killed our own drives with penalties. I don't think Arch will be quite as effective as Ironton secondary was. should be a great game between two very good teams
Thanks for the summary.

Agree about Ironton’s secondary. Most talented group Burg will see all year.

OSUBengalrocket
Waterboy

Post by OSUBengalrocket »

42-15 archbishop

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Archbishop is the real deal, both sides of the ball. Rug held Ironton to 12 with help from Ironton. Burg can’t throw the ball and their running game is average at best. Get this one out of the way and focus on week 3.

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:01 pm Archbishop is the real deal, both sides of the ball. Rug held Ironton to 12 with help from Ironton. Burg can’t throw the ball and their running game is average at best. Get this one out of the way and focus on week 3.
How did they help burg?

I think people are going to be surprised by the outcome on this one.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:04 pm
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:01 pm Archbishop is the real deal, both sides of the ball. Rug held Ironton to 12 with help from Ironton. Burg can’t throw the ball and their running game is average at best. Get this one out of the way and focus on week 3.
How did they help burg?

I think people are going to be surprised by the outcome on this one.
Agree, not sure how Ironton helped Burg given turnovers were equal and Burg actually had twice as many penalties.

Despite this, Burg still had more yards despite the one dimensional offense.

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

31-14 Archbishop
No Disrespect to Wheelersburg it's just that Archbishop is a really good Football Team.

GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, HOOK'EM HORNS, HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS
4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:07 pm Roll him out and give him the option to run or throw. If he can't make the throws, I think you have to go with the Freshman.
I agree with this, but he needs to roll to the right. Rolling left is tough and that seems to be what happened several times last week. I know he was rolling to the wide side of the field, but that is a tough throw for a righty.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

I’m taking Burg. Woodward finds a way to win on the road.

WWE HALL OF FAME

Return to “Football”