Ironton 29 Jackson 26 2022

FIDO
S

Re: Ironton@Jackson Week 2

Post by FIDO »

Rumble78 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:03 pm
FIDO wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:23 pm
FIDO wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:07 am Does Jackson show the games on the web? Pay to view?
???? :?: :?:
It will be streamed on Jackson City Schools YouTube page
Awesome! Thank you! Another SEO classic

I think it is a toss-up based on nothing I know personally. Ill give the edge to Jackson, if they can kick the ball

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Tough one, but going with Ironmen at home.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

This is the game of the week for me. I will be there. Ironton for the win.

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

Game of the Week

It will be another low scoring affair with Ironton winning 20-13

T-I-G-E-R-S
Mohawks89
Waterboy

Post by Mohawks89 »

Should be a dandy.

I’ll give the edge to Jackson, 17-13

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Hopefully, all the things we know that need polished, shine, & all of the talent that can be utilized, progresses!!!

Get it going IHS!!!!

#GoTgo

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Good Luck Tigers! 🐅

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Power vs speed and athleticism.

If Ironton steadies their attack behind the run with the Keys/Felder combination, it might be too much. If the Ironton offense tries to do too much and lets Jackson dominate time of posession like they did Burg, Jackson will execute where Burg could not. This is going to be a game of nuance. When is the last time Ironton won a game @ Jackson?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:32 pm Power vs speed and athleticism.

If Ironton steadies their attack behind the run with the Keys/Felder combination, it might be too much. If the Ironton offense tries to do too much and lets Jackson dominate time of posession like they did Burg, Jackson will execute where Burg could not. This is going to be a game of nuance. When is the last time Ironton won a game @ Jackson?
KEYES, although I only have knowledge from a younger player who does not start, is not 100%.

I do not think he will be over used at all.

They could easily insert Aris Pittman, DeAngelo Weekly, or Trevor Carter in the backfield or receiving & a few others to spread it out since Perkins is Doubled up, & get things moving fast.

I also think the big, 6-3/220, QB, Thacker, from AshLand, will be part of this scenario.

Pendleton can insert him in a number of positions & i think he will sooner than later.

He only saw a few snaps at end of Burg game & ran very well with the time he was in.

Im not Knocking on Tayden Carpenter, because he's really good, but has been out a year due to injury, so i think his rhythm has yet to come & Pendleton is trying to move safely & conservatively through this front heavy early season schedule & get to league play healthy.

Trevor Carter should also be utilized.

Hopes of healthy outcomes for both squads.

#GoTgo

Bargeman
Waterboy

Post by Bargeman »

Are game tickets online only?

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:50 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:32 pm Power vs speed and athleticism.

KEYES, although I only have knowledge from a younger player who does not start, is not 100%.

I do not think he will be over used at all.

They could easily insert Aris Pittman, DeAngelo Weekly, or Trevor Carter in the backfield or receiving & a few others to spread it out since Perkins is Doubled up, & get things moving fast.

I also think the big, 6-3/220, QB, Thacker, from AshLand, will be part of this scenario.

Pendleton can insert him in a number of positions & i think he will sooner than later.

He only saw a few snaps at end of Burg game & ran very well with the time he was in.

Im not Knocking on Tayden Carpenter, because he's really good, but has been out a year due to injury, so i think his rhythm has yet to come & Pendleton is trying to move safely & conservatively through this front heavy early season schedule & get to league play healthy.

Trevor Carter should also be utilized.

Hopes of healthy outcomes for both squads.

#GoTgo
Good insight. Thank you. I'll add I think Ironton could hurt Jackson in their return game on special teams tomm night. I think their team speed is gonna bother Jackson.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Bargeman wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:54 pm Are game tickets online only?
Available for pickup at school I think.

timmyray5252
Waterboy

Post by timmyray5252 »

Good luck Tigers, going to be a great one

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

I am pretty excited for this one. I think it is gonna be a classic. Hope the thunderstorm prediction stays away. If it is a wet night I think it favors Jackson.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

https://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/ ... bb2be.html

Pendleton addresses specifically how there is no resentment between the Ironton native atheletes and the transfer athleletes calling it seemless. Ironton is deep, diverse, talented, and united. When I read this article I wanted to make a point to share it to illustrate how much more evolved mentally these young kids are in comparison to many of the adults on this forum who have repeatedly suggested the hometown kids would resent the kids who transferred in. No surprise to me that once again the younger generation is just leaps and bound ahead in maturity than their regional elders. Kudos to these kids and this staff.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:47 pm https://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/ ... bb2be.html

Pendleton addresses specifically how there is no resentment between the Ironton native atheletes and the transfer athleletes calling it seemless. Ironton is deep, diverse, talented, and united. When I read this article I wanted to make a point to share it to illustrate how much more evolved mentally these young kids are in comparison to many of the adults on this forum who have repeatedly suggested the hometown kids would resent the kids who transferred in. No surprise to me that once again the younger generation is just leaps and bound ahead in maturity than their regional elders. Kudos to these kids and this staff.
THEN, HE should Really utilize ALL, schematically!!!

MyBodyDifferent
Freshman Team

Post by MyBodyDifferent »

I think Jackson will be the first team since Moeller last year to reach 20 points against Ironton and I think they get the win I say it will probably be 24-14 Jackson. If Ironton can find a rhythm on offense they can definitely win but last week's gameplan won't work I don't believe

*MrFirstTake*
Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:03 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:47 pm https://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/ ... bb2be.html

THEN, HE should Really utilize ALL, schematically!!!
Well that doesn’t make sense.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

this game made ESPN Top Plays last year.

Spectrum missed BIG TIME televising two of Irontons game and the Jackson game not being one of them.

Televising Ironton vs Portsmouth ??? Geez. Maybe 30/40/50yrs ago. But in 2022?? Ironton vs Portsmouth can’t compare to Ironton vs Jackson

The Hill will be rockin tonight both sides of the stadium

GOOD LUCK TO ALL SENIORS on your senior night. Make it your best one yet!!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

If Ironton doesn't improve offensively from last week, they will lose by 2 tds. They will not be able to line up and run the ball down the throat of Jackson's defense. They have to find some kind of passing attack. At least by playoff time.

Return to “Football”