Waverly 27 - 48 Unioto 2022

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Re: WK3: 2-0 Unioto @ 2-0 Waverly

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

I just hope this new defense and these better athletes have us better equipped to not get blown out by teams like Waverly and PV like we have the past few years

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

I like how our offense has looked minus the turnovers. I hope Griffin gets more touches this week. He’s got at least 12 yards a carry so far. Also need to get Fox involved a little more

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I agree very rarely have we ever beat anyone good since I’ve lived here. Usually we don’t even stay in the game

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:40 pm There are a few that complain that believe there kid should be out there playing varsity. But this team has been winning and I think there a couple of individuals who think their kid I guess should have have gotten to start varsity without really proving anything yet. There isn’t a single player in the freshman class that you just couldn’t deny varsity time because they were that ready. Their time will come, but for now I think the coaches have done a pretty good job on figuring those things out. I don’t think they need any parents input on personnel, they’ve faired pretty well with making their own choices the past 6 or so years.
Yeah winning cures a lot if any issues that someone might have. It’s like that at any place, plus with Waverly having younger guys starting including a freshman and what 4-5 sophomore and more to rotate in some get a little upset at times. Bottom line is they’re winning so those guys must be getting it done.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Rolltanks wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:54 pm I agree very rarely have we ever beat anyone good since I’ve lived here. Usually we don’t even stay in the game
Yep. Haven’t been able to get over that hump. We beat Waverly a few years ago but everything went our way that game.

Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Post by Waverlyintheday »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:55 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:40 pm There are a few that complain that believe there kid should be out there playing varsity. But this team has been winning and I think there a couple of individuals who think their kid I guess should have have gotten to start varsity without really proving anything yet. There isn’t a single player in the freshman class that you just couldn’t deny varsity time because they were that ready. Their time will come, but for now I think the coaches have done a pretty good job on figuring those things out. I don’t think they need any parents input on personnel, they’ve faired pretty well with making their own choices the past 6 or so years.
Yeah winning cures a lot if any issues that someone might have. It’s like that at any place, plus with Waverly having younger guys starting including a freshman and what 4-5 sophomore and more to rotate in some get a little upset at times. Bottom line is they’re winning so those guys must be getting it done.
Since when has the freshman started! Hasn’t started first 2 games

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:55 pm
Yeah. And I’m sure there are other factors that are being considered when personnel decisions are made other than maybe just comparing player to player, such as things that go on and happen at practice. Unless a player is just off the charts, I never understood a parent up in arms over them not getting to play varsity as a freshman. Especially when they are on a team that has a lot of players to choose from.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

No SVC love this week! Waverly at home.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

So what’s wrong with Waverlys defense or are they just young?

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:50 pm So what’s wrong with Waverlys defense or are they just young?
Has some youth, some guys playing different positions, some playing extended minutes for the first time, plus an offense that turned it over I believe 3/4 times in game 1 and once or twice in game 2. Both games Waverly found itself down and was able to come back with the help of the defense stepping up, last week against JM we held them to 6 points in the 2nd half. Very early in the season and with everything I mentioned above going to go through some growing pains but you can start to see these kids figuring it out as the game goes on. Hopefully by the time SOC play rolls around the defense will be dialed in, we'll see.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Svcguru wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:09 am No SVC love this week! Waverly at home.
We don’t mind being the under dog been that way all year

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Seems weird that nobody is going to cover this game. They do every year even when Waverly are big favorites but not when both teams look good.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:05 pm Seems weird that nobody is going to cover this game. They do every year even when Waverly are big favorites but not when both teams look good.

Surely someone will be covering it I know there will be updates on this thread

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:21 pm
GeneralCarpenter wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:05 pm Seems weird that nobody is going to cover this game. They do every year even when Waverly are big favorites but not when both teams look good.

Yeah I know it’ll be on here but the games SOSA picked were kind of off

bengals05
Riding the Bench

Post by bengals05 »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:23 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:21 pm

Yeah I know it’ll be on here but the games SOSA picked were kind of off
It's on Boxcast.tv tonight. Or tune into 100.9 WXIZ

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Not sure I’ll be getting the stats on here very quickly after the game.
I went for LASIK surgery Wednesday and they ended up doing PRK instead. Not seeing very well right now and up close is horrible. Struggling to type this.
Gonna rely on great spotters in the booth to assist this blind man tonight. May have to hand over the mic, see how it goes - pun intended.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Nobody is picking Unioto so I will go Unioto by 6. I’m obviously biased but I think it’ll be a great game! Whoever wins the turnover battle will be key in this one

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

21/26 Unioto half

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF