Prayers for Waverly Football Player

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Prayers for Waverly Football Player

Post by noreply66 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:24 pm
FIDO wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:56 pm Is there a go fund account or some other way to help family offset teaveling costs
No one has set up anything for them yet that I know of, I was telling someone today it would be nice if for Homecoming this week if they could do a donation box or a separate split the pot something to help raise money for them. I will have to relay the go fund me account as that might be the best way as there's been a lot of people reaching out to the family.

Update--Spoke with the young man's parents today, the swelling hasn't stopped yet and they have a drain tube to help with the fluids. He said they're calling it Secondary Impact Syndrome. I told them everyone in the area was sending thoughts and prayers and they wanted to relay that it was much appreciated and please continue.
Anymore updates on this young man

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
McAvoy7
Waterboy

Post by McAvoy7 »

Prayers

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

I'm on a church prayer chain email, and as of Tuesday, the report said that he was able to get up and walk around and even try the challenge of some stairs. The family was asking for prayers that his sodium levels would come up and he would not go back to the ICU. That's the last I've heard via the prayer chain email.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

tigercat1 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:58 pm I'm on a church prayer chain email, and as of Tuesday, the report said that he was able to get up and walk around and even try the challenge of some stairs. The family was asking for prayers that his sodium levels would come up and he would not go back to the ICU. That's the last I've heard via the prayer chain email.
Continued prayers

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

After my own brush with death last week.....

Sending prayers to that young man....his family...and all his friends from NW Fla.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
WOUBsports
Waterboy

Post by WOUBsports »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:24 pm
FIDO wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:56 pm Is there a go fund account or some other way to help family offset teaveling costs
No one has set up anything for them yet that I know of, I was telling someone today it would be nice if for Homecoming this week if they could do a donation box or a separate split the pot something to help raise money for them. I will have to relay the go fund me account as that might be the best way as there's been a lot of people reaching out to the family.

Update--Spoke with the young man's parents today, the swelling hasn't stopped yet and they have a drain tube to help with the fluids. He said they're calling it Secondary Impact Syndrome. I told them everyone in the area was sending thoughts and prayers and they wanted to relay that it was much appreciated and please continue.
Any update on anything being done for the family before the game?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Hoping and praying for the best.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

The young man is actually being released from Childrens hospital, but will have to make frequent trips they said. It’s looking like 6 weeks or so before he can have the 2nd surgery needed to put the part of the skull they removed back. He was able to walk and they had him do a few stairs. The doctors are calling it quite the miracle as typically this injury results in death or disability. The family had made several post thanking everyone and just being overwhelmed with the amount of support, love and prayers everyone is sending their way. They’ve done several fund raisers throughout Waverly in order to help the family any way they can.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Prayers for this young man

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Praying for a swift and full recovery. God bless him and his family.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:59 pm The young man is actually being released from Childrens hospital, but will have to make frequent trips they said. It’s looking like 6 weeks or so before he can have the 2nd surgery needed to put the part of the skull they removed back. He was able to walk and they had him do a few stairs. The doctors are calling it quite the miracle as typically this injury results in death or disability. The family had made several post thanking everyone and just being overwhelmed with the amount of support, love and prayers everyone is sending their way. They’ve done several fund raisers throughout Waverly in order to help the family any way they can.
This is great to hear

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Prayers to the young man and his family

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:59 pm The young man is actually being released from Childrens hospital, but will have to make frequent trips they said. It’s looking like 6 weeks or so before he can have the 2nd surgery needed to put the part of the skull they removed back. He was able to walk and they had him do a few stairs. The doctors are calling it quite the miracle as typically this injury results in death or disability. The family had made several post thanking everyone and just being overwhelmed with the amount of support, love and prayers everyone is sending their way. They’ve done several fund raisers throughout Waverly in order to help the family any way they can.
That's great to hear. Thanks for the updates. I'm sure the youngman has a long road ahead. Best wishes for the youngman.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The young man and his family were able to walk out on the field right before kickoff to thank everyone for their support.
Dr. Shawn Stiltner won the split the pot and donated all $471.00 to the family.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Prayers for the young man and his family.

Return to “Football”