Ironton 32 - 21 Johnson Central (KY) 2022

packers80
SE

Re: WK4 (2-1) Johnson Central (KY) @ (3-0) lronton

Post by packers80 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:16 pm When Ironton beat burg, they said, but if....
When Ironton beat Jackson, the naysayers said, but if.
When Ironton beat Fairland they said next week your luck runs out.
That night came. And Ironton is still undefeated after a brutal 4 game stretch with 3 of the 1st four starting on the road.

Now Ironton is 4 - 0.
Not Burg.
Not Jackson.
Not Fairland. ...

Ironton.

Kids played a very good game. QB1 offensive Player of the game.
And Irontons defense stood up when it had to and played tough.

To begin the season they said Irontons line of scrimmage would be vulnerable. Tonight they fought hard and gave a little against a powerful opponent, but didn't break.
And the offense found its rhythm.
And the playcalling was sound.

Solid game all the way around. Like it or not, Ironton is the class of SEO and region 19. No where to go but up. Every week is a business trip. Great win. Great game. Great day of football.
No excuses not to win a state title this year. Should win it easily in d5

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:03 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:46 pm Congrats to the Tigers. Keep it going. Good luck
AND You too MIGHTY Hornets!!!

This was a playoff deep type team IHS beat tonight!!!

Equivalent enrollment of d2in Oh.

Have been in KY 4a state title game every year since 2015-2022 & won 5.

Good game tonight!!!
Thanks. So far so good up here. Nice win. I tried to find a live stream but couldn’t find one

6O HORN3TS 🐝
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Great game for the Fighting Tigers tonight, they played a solid game on both sides of the ball.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:17 pm First game IHS HOT & playing to potential, IMO
I agree

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

The only questionable call I saw was when ironton was inside the 5 with a 3rd and short. They missed a pass. On 4th and short they ran, fumbled and recovered for a 1st down. I thought that could have been devastating but it worked out fine.

TigerFella
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFella »

FIDO wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:56 am The only questionable call I saw was when ironton was inside the 5 with a 3rd and short. They missed a pass. On 4th and short they ran, fumbled and recovered for a 1st down. I thought that could have been devastating but it worked out fine.
The only play I really didn’t like was when they ran a QB sneak on 4th and 2. Let your backs pick that up. They turned the ball over.

Amari and Tayden didn’t seem bothered by their injuries and Shaun Terry has been getting better each week. Good things to see.

UNREAL
Waterboy

Re: Week 4: (2-1) Johnson Central (KY) @ (3-0) lronton

Post by UNREAL »

GoBigI wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:28 pm If the coaches continue to play favorites as opposed to playing the best 11 Ironton loses this one for certain. The secondary does not include the best 4 players and the o-line has a glaring weakness. Carpenter needs to see much more of #8, #15, and #22 at WR. He doesn’t seem to have much confidence in anyone to make a play other than #3 in their current starting receiving corps. Get the right kids on the field or come playoff time the early exit will be on the coach’s head.
Evidently the coaches didnt play favorites last night or it would not have been a hard fought victory for the tigers. Sounds like a complaining parent to me. Believe me no one wants to win more than the coaches do in any sport. You play who you think can get the job done. If you haven't coached or put together a program you have no idea

UNREAL
Waterboy

Post by UNREAL »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:20 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:57 pm
mattash wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:51 pm Carpenter played great tonight, having a great season
IMPRESSIVE LEADERSHIP.

Im also in shock i just realized his replacement last year, WYLIE, is not playing FB & staying out for Baseball!

I knew i was missing a player when i was thinking back to qb sitch last year!

I get it though.

94mph fastball & committed to Xavier, WOW.

Good for him & ALL TIGERS!!!
And they say Ironton doesnt send kids D1 in any other sport. Lol. Also have a pretty good women hoops player at Marshall.
Who is the woman player at Marshall from Ironton. Ironton has had only a couple legit D1 women players
and those are Rist and Barrier. No recent players that I know of that are D1 players.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

packers80 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:41 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:16 pm When Ironton beat burg, they said, but if....
When Ironton beat Jackson, the naysayers said, but if.
When Ironton beat Fairland they said next week your luck runs out.
That night came. And Ironton is still undefeated after a brutal 4 game stretch with 3 of the 1st four starting on the road.

Now Ironton is 4 - 0.
Not Burg.
Not Jackson.
Not Fairland. ...

Ironton.

Kids played a very good game. QB1 offensive Player of the game.
And Irontons defense stood up when it had to and played tough.

To begin the season they said Irontons line of scrimmage would be vulnerable. Tonight they fought hard and gave a little against a powerful opponent, but didn't break.
And the offense found its rhythm.
And the playcalling was sound.

Solid game all the way around. Like it or not, Ironton is the class of SEO and region 19. No where to go but up. Every week is a business trip. Great win. Great game. Great day of football.
No excuses not to win a state title this year. Should win it easily in d5
Still plenty of work to do and obstacles to compromise. One week at a time.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Re: Week 4: (2-1) Johnson Central (KY) @ (3-0) lronton

Post by THEEE_GAME »

UNREAL wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:54 am
GoBigI wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:28 pm If the coaches continue to play favorites as opposed to playing the best 11 Ironton loses this one for certain. The secondary does not include the best 4 players and the o-line has a glaring weakness. Carpenter needs to see much more of #8, #15, and #22 at WR. He doesn’t seem to have much confidence in anyone to make a play other than #3 in their current starting receiving corps. Get the right kids on the field or come playoff time the early exit will be on the coach’s head.
Evidently the coaches didnt play favorites last night or it would not have been a hard fought victory for the tigers. Sounds like a complaining parent to me. Believe me no one wants to win more than the coaches do in any sport. You play who you think can get the job done. If you haven't coached or put together a program you have no idea
Coaches did a solid job mixing up the looks and personnel. Go back in the thread. I said after watching JC on film: secondary is suspect, team speed is suspect. As is normally the case with JC. Them "mountain holler boys" are big and stout, but they run in sand.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

UNREAL wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:17 am

IMPRESSIVE LEADERSHIP.

Im also in shock i just realized his replacement last year, WYLIE, is not playing FB & staying out for Baseball!

I get it though.

And they say Ironton doesnt send kids D1 in any other sport. Lol. Also have a pretty good women hoops player at Marshall.
Who is the woman player at Marshall from Ironton. Ironton has had only a couple legit D1 women players
and those are Rist and Barrier. No recent players that I know of that are D1 players.
Samantha Lafon. Btw marshall is D1. As is often the case in seo, your knowledge is dated, sir.

https://herdzone.com/sports/womens-bask ... lafon/7089

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

IMPRESSIVE LEADERSHIP.

I get it though.

Samantha LaFon

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

RiverRatRay wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:24 am

Samantha LaFon
And Wylie is headed D1 in baseball. ( Xavier)

UNREAL
Waterboy

Post by UNREAL »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:22 am

Samantha Lafon. Btw marshall is D1. As is often the case in seo, your knowledge is dated, sir.

I know Marshall is D1. I've never heard her name mentioned. Must not be playing. I meant no disrespect. Sorry if it upset you. Must be a parent

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

And I'm certain she is a walk on. Solid player but I'm sure her father had some pull with that happening.

UNREAL
Waterboy

Post by UNREAL »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:24 pm

And I'm certain she is a walk on. Solid player but I'm sure her father had some pull with that happening.
Very True, but good for Miss Lafon. Has to prove she's a D1 player. Yet to be seen

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

UNREAL wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:33 pm

I know Marshall is D1. I've never heard her name mentioned. Must not be playing. I meant no disrespect. Sorry if it upset you. Must be a parent
Baseball. Basketball. Football. Ironton does it all. D1 across the board. Ik it hurts.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

UNREAL wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:52 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:24 pm

Very True, but good for Miss Lafon. Has to prove she's a D1 player. Yet to be seen
Not only is she an active D1 hoops player but also very accomplished academically.

And then Wylie just committed to xavier for baseball.

Looks like Ironton is setting the standard. Hopefully the other programs locally can invest in their kids also one day. It would be really cool to here about the kids also and not just their "superior coaching."

sportphotos
JV Team

Post by sportphotos »

Photos of the game Ironton vs Johnson Central: https://bobbiannphotos.smugmug.com/Foot ... on-Central

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

Walk-ons aren’t typically sent to conference meetings in New Orleans to represent their schools. Clearly Marshall thinks highly of Sam Lafon.

Return to “Football”